Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

View Poll Results: What Robocop do you want Chronicle to make?
1:1 Robocop statue 10 9.62%
1:2 Robocop statue 17 16.35%
1:3 Robocop statue 60 57.69%
1:1 Robocop bust 31 29.81%
1:2 Robocop bust with arm holding auto-9 18 17.31%
1:2 Battle damage Robocop 19 18.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #21
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Cause they were too small to begin with.

PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Cause they were too small to begin with.

But they're the same size as they appeared in the movies...[the stop motion puppets, at least]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #23
kkchan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I think the reasons PCS take so long to sell out their 1/4 Robocop :-

1. The prototype shown in toys fair is not good (even official photos are looking good, but not convincing)
2. Murphy's mouth is not accurate even in official photos. From recent updated photos posted by PCS, still collectors claimed that is not murphy's mouth. (may be is angle problem)

PCS finally sold out its 1/4 Robocop, so can estimate at least 400 - 500 pcs sold worldwide
kkchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:39 PM   #24
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

1:3 scale baby!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #25
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
But they're the same size as they appeared in the movies...[the stop motion puppets, at least]
and.....that was too small....for me...personally

well it was scale + price
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #26
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkchan View Post
I think the reasons PCS take so long to sell out their 1/4 Robocop :-

1. The prototype shown in toys fair is not good (even official photos are looking good, but not convincing)
2. Murphy's mouth is not accurate even in official photos. From recent updated photos posted by PCS, still collectors claimed that is not murphy's mouth. (may be is angle problem)

PCS finally sold out its 1/4 Robocop, so can estimate at least 400 - 500 pcs sold worldwide
I agree. The statue as a whole looks pretty good now, but the Peter Weller likeness/realism is still off. Still has a cartoonish look to it.
David22Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #27
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'd be down for 1/3 scale especially with Chronicle's payment plan.

That's a no brainer.

But a *NEW* 1:1 bust is a must sometime in the near future. It has so much potential.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #28
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I'd be down for anything in the list except for a 1:1
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #29
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think a 1:2 scale bust would make the most sense. Never been done before. There are many legendary Scale bust collectors out there that that would pick one up for their 1:2 scale bust collection. But if the 1:2 scale bust is made I would stay away from it having 1 or both arms as it would not display well with other busts specifically with Chonicles 1984 Terminator bust.

It would be affordable, not taking up a ton of space and it could be a companion piece to Chronicle's 1984 1:2 scale bust. The others are all great ideas I just don't see them selling crazy numbers. Especially since PCS's gorgeous 1:4 scale RoboCop (which 1/4 scale does appear to be the most popular scale for statues) didn't sell as well as everyone thought.

so my vote went to 1/2 scale bust (but not holding auto 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
For me personally, as much as I love Robo, I wouldn't buy a 1:2 bust. Every time I looked at it I'd ask myself where the hell the rest of it is?

I only collect life size busts or full statues. I've never owned a mini bust in my life. I saw a few once at a comic shop and they looked like a kids piggy bank.

We're less than 24 hours into the poll and there's already a clear winner in this. Going with a 1:2 bust I'd say is riskier than just giving collectors what they want. Full statues will always outsell busts.

If Prime 1 picks up the Robo license and makes a 1:2 or 1:3 statue it will pretty much be game over.

Chris

I'm pretty much with Atheris especially on the busts. Mr. Macaluso has sold me on his lifesize busts (but mainly his as they are the best I've seen) Anthing smaller just loses impact and details. That's whay I'm not getting Chronicle's Terminator bust and would not be getting the Stargate busts if they weren't life size.
I probably could not say no to a great RoboCop bust.

I'd love a larger RoboCop as I think the suit details would benefit. What would differentiate it from PCS's though? Their's has one of the greatest poses imaginable so. It isn't like the Conan situation where Chronicle and PCS have memorable costumes and poses to share.

Even at 1/3 Chronicle would really have to exceed what PCS has done to get me to bite. A 1/2 might have an easier time. I really wish Jerry had just done PCS's as 1/3 to match his Darkness and Conan movie ones.

There a few things with the PCS's Robocop that may have kept the hype minimized.
Explained in detail below.

1. One is Jerry kept talking about a 1/3 so many guys like myself geared towards bigger is better mentality thought they would wait.

2. Nitpicks. The dispute about the Weller likeness. Sometimes it looked just right other times not quite as good as Hot Toys. Personally I wanted a light under RoboCop so not having the OCP logo light up seemed like a missed opportunity.

3. Speaking of other offerings there was a lot of simultaneous RoboCop offerings from various companies at the same time. Timing is everything. Too much competition and he released RoboCop right at the end of a heavy period of PCS releases for the year and fans of the company were a bit exhausted. I didn't order until March of this year right before it was gone. If it isn't on fire at PO statues don't usually get another chance until delivery.

Right now just may not be the best time for more Robocop but I still think a lifesize bust is the way to go and maybe lead to a larger scale statue.

Can you guys imagine a totally accurate lifesize bust lineup of Arnold's split Terminator face, Robocop, Alien, and Predator? It would be the stuff of legend.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #30
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I still think Paul should do a limited run of the robocop stop motion puppets pretty much all those that bought ed and Cain would buy one.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote