Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #1781
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, it does matter actually. If she broke during set up, then it could've been an accident rather than the support structure failing on its own. If she broke during the show while protected by an acrylic case, then it could be the support structure failing on it's own.

I know Radd Titan has video of her, but that's the point, right? That video was taken during set up ...before the show opened to the general public.
She is in the case unharmed. As I stated above, you don't see her based on her positioning, you see the saw machine base. SS isn't going to enclose a broken or even starting to break statue.

So you will believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe. Like I refuse to believe the hypothesis that the entire case was bumped and magically only Rogue was the statue that fell over and broke, while X-23 which is much more vertical didn't suffer at all. And that all of that occurred without taking out the acrylic case they are within.

I choose to believe that broken is broken. I'm not buying this statue due to: price point, the weak EX, and no knowledge of construction and statue materials. But plenty of people are buying. More power to them and I hope that SS engineering doesn't fail them 6 months to a year after getting the piece in hand.

And really, shouldn't it be MORE concerning if she broke by being touched? I mean, we all have to assemble/disassemble statues. Move them around. Shouldn't she not snap like a twig? God forbid you have a kid or pet that might hit your display case. Or walk heavy footed which causes vibrations.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #1782
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can’t muster up much concern. It’s not a production piece.
You’ve never heard of production pieces that tipped over or leaned?

See Modern Thor PF that tipped. Had to be recalled and redesigned.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #1783
French Cancan
Deadman

Mr Lucas, I am waiting right now for some kind of explanation.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #1784
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Honestly ..those 2 pics are horrible because I still can't see Rogue in either pics.
Far right.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #1785
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Mr Lucas, I am waiting right now for some kind of explanation.
French, you're one witty person

(I would assign gender, but your handle is pretty gender neutral so I don't want to offend your sensibilities. The context clues of other posts including broken hearted women begging for you is also no help in today's fluid sexual identification.)
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #1786
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I find it fascinating that there are people who are not worried about this piece. Sideshow only has a 30-day return policy, so what happens in 6 months if she warps, leans or her wrist cracks? I'm assuming you're SOL.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #1787
Valderen
The Spirit

I was waiting for in hand opinions before ordering, this hasn't changed.

I still love her, and will still order when people have her in hand and the consensus is that it's a solid build. If not, than I'll pass.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #1788
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I refuse to believe Susan would have said something so blatantly false. No way.

There is not telling the entire truth, then there is assuming all people are blind and senile.
That was me on the other forum and she said that right to my face. I didn't call her on it, i wasn't looking to be confrontational. I think she was doing damage control. If it got out that SS was telling people the statue broke, I'm sure that will hurt sales, so I get why she did it.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #1789
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Far right.

thanks crimsin, I dont have the ability to (or computer savy) to zoom and point. She is also shown in the other pic right above spidermans hand. This particular pic was the last pic on that day and she was never seen since. I agree with Demona that she must have broken overnight, weather it be by bump or gravity, it shows bad engineering either way. I still haven't pre-ordered yet and I wont, until we get full production details, because at this point I cant trust SS.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #1790
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMotors View Post
That was me on the other forum and she said that right to my face. I didn't call her on it, i wasn't looking to be confrontational. I think she was doing damage control. If it got out that SS was telling people the statue broke, I'm sure that will hurt sales, so I get why she did it.
Yeah I cant blame Susan for her response, especially if she was told by the higher ups that that is the response they have to give everyone. I am pretty sure her hands were tied. We all know her character and passion for collecting and these statues. I cant believe she would ever blatantly lie to consumers/fans, if she wasnt forced to.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote