Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I wonder how much time is spent by Capcom day to day on this project. They seem to be moving at a snails pace with this thing. They're not even showing the new stages yet. I mean, technically they aren't new, but that's even more of a reason why they should be in the new build of the game. It would be nice to see them.
Well don't forget its not coming out till july from the leaked release and in arcades before it.

Just like AE and SUPER they are dragging it out to keep the hype going.

But the few weeks between Japan testings and Dream Hack they did a ton of revisions. So I'm wondering if the loc this week have a new build.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #42
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I wonder how much time is spent by Capcom day to day on this project. They seem to be moving at a snails pace with this thing. They're not even showing the new stages yet. I mean, technically they aren't new, but that's even more of a reason why they should be in the new build of the game. It would be nice to see them.
I heard they have started on SF5 (or whatever the next one will be called). So it would make sense that this version moves slowly because 1. most of the resource is on the new game and, 2. they want to milk the remaining news for SF4 to bridge the gap until they can show us something from the new game (late 2014 perhaps?).
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #43
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

when SF5 does eventually come out it'll be interesting to see if they keep the same art style or go in a different direction.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Who's going to buy retail and be a completist of this series on physical format?
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #45
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
Who's going to buy retail and be a completist of this series on physical format?
Me, i always do. I have a collection of SF discs from PS1 to PS3. All mint, played but mint i took amazing care of them.

I even got some import CDs that were never played of some SF games.

Maybe when I'm 70 i can sell them for a new hip since discs will be gone in 2 years.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #46
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I heard they have started on SF5 (or whatever the next one will be called). So it would make sense that this version moves slowly because 1. most of the resource is on the new game and, 2. they want to milk the remaining news for SF4 to bridge the gap until they can show us something from the new game (late 2014 perhaps?).

Im betting they announce it in 2 years. 2015 EVO for new gen consoles.

Cause they can milk SF4 another 2 years with this update and people won't have to blow cash on a new console so soon. Let the consoles slowly get into households then announce it.

I'm thinking it will be the same game engine but better graphics and different game play. Cause the engine works so damn well, just need to improve net code and change up some mechanics.

Prob will be a mix and match of SF4, SF3 etc.. Cause Ultra could be a way of testing some new things to add into SF5.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #47
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

They're investing 40 mill into mobile games. *sigh* They might go out of biz by then. So many bone-head moves. Anyway, at least they should put out one more good game before they shut the doors.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Im betting they announce it in 2 years. 2015 EVO for new gen consoles.

Cause they can milk SF4 another 2 years with this update and people won't have to blow cash on a new console so soon. Let the consoles slowly get into households then announce it.

I'm thinking it will be the same game engine but better graphics and different game play. Cause the engine works so damn well, just need to improve net code and change up some mechanics.

Prob will be a mix and match of SF4, SF3 etc.. Cause Ultra could be a way of testing some new things to add into SF5.
I have this sneaky suspicion that they are going to go back in time so they can introduce dead characters like Goutetsu and Go Hibiki.

Sort of like another Alpha.
Perhaps call it Street Fighter Origins.
I find that concept very intriguing and in line with the most recent comics/live action web series (Street Fighter Origins: Akuma, and Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist).

Given Capcom's economic situation, I would say they still can't risk straying too far from SF2 in terms of characters and gameplay (as you know, as great a game as SF3 is, it was a huge flop commercially in the US) - so in that sense I agree with you. I think it will definitely be 2D in nature.....please dear god let it stay 2D.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #49
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
=I think it will definitely be 2D in nature.....please dear god let it stay 2D.
it won't ever go 3D, just the graphics. They learned hard from EX games and with so many 3D games out there, why try and compete. SF4 is top game for every torny out there so only a moron CEO would ruin it and i doubt thats gonna happen.

If anything i seem them becoming a new EA company, new SF version every year or every 2. Cause it sells, the fighting game community grows every year now and people can cry and complain all they want. They still drop the cash for the games.

So we shall See!

But I'm sorta upset from Capcom Cup changes to rose, nothing changed from previous tests other then 2 more recovery frames on her U2. So that mens less combo ability with it and more just pop it out from far away to keep people off me.

Wonder why this change went in, possible with so many frame changes it was OP.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #50
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
it won't ever go 3D, just the graphics. They learned hard from EX games and with so many 3D games out there, why try and compete. SF4 is top game for every torny out there so only a moron CEO would ruin it and i doubt thats gonna happen.

If anything i seem them becoming a new EA company, new SF version every year or every 2. Cause it sells, the fighting game community grows every year now and people can cry and complain all they want. They still drop the cash for the games.

So we shall See!

But I'm sorta upset from Capcom Cup changes to rose, nothing changed from previous tests other then 2 more recovery frames on her U2. So that mens less combo ability with it and more just pop it out from far away to keep people off me.

Wonder why this change went in, possible with so many frame changes it was OP.
Apparently in the early builds of SF4 they played around with a 3D version (not just the rendering, but an actual 3D fighter). I think it was talked about on the 25th Anniversary Documentary and Seth Killian said he fought for it to be 2D.
But that was back in 2006/7 (I'm guessing) when things were a bit different.

I don't "honestly" think they would walk away from 2D now, after the success of SF4. But learning that they had entertained the idea seriously enough to build it scared the hell out of me.

I think the EA model is possible except I feel certain new game mechanics can make it into a completely different game, rather than just an update.
E.g. you add parries and you have a different game, in comparison to COD where you add new weapons or killstreaks and you have the same game with some tweaks, or FIFA where you just update the teams and stats and fine tune.