Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #151
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

When we pay this money I want to enjoy the statue. This looks stellar let’s be honest from armour , paint , whole feel is powerful but that pose should have been thought out better .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #152
Peedi
The Secret Six

This statue looks amazing. The sculpting detail is awesome. I see a hard battle being fought and Thor tired at his last. He can’t grip Mjolnir any harder. He can’t contort his face any further. He’s tired but determined in the moment and Destroyer is down but not out yet. Thor just may win and immediately fall over himself. But what we’re seeing is just a snapshot in time, this battle could be quite fast paced. Thor doesn’t stop and pose, we just have a snapshot of him running up and about to come down and smash in a quick, continuous movement.

Don’t display it from the front/forward face. Display it at an angle at eye level and you can see just about everything that needs to be seen.

Even on a shelf you don’t have to stand in one place to look at it, you can move left to right and get different views. For anyone feeling adventurous you can get a lazy Susan/turntable. Yes, space varies, but they can’t pull off a vision with each person’s individual space limits in mind. Need a smaller or taller Thor statue, there’s other options and some of them look decent.

Just my opinion I don’t care to change anybody else’s.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #153
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
This is truly a great concept/effort from XM, and once again are pushing the hobby forward. However, the execution falls a little short for me.

First, Thor’s face/gaze is unfocused, and stares nowhere, making him look demented, rather than angry. And the battle cry expression seems unnecessary , as the battle is already won. So a stoic expression, about to deliver the killing blow, would have been more fitting for the God of Thunder.

The hilt of his hammer is too short, he is gripping it way too close to the hammer head, and his fingers gripping the hammer lack tension?!?! And as many mentioned, he should have perhaps been placed slightly higher up, for better viewing, and his arms positioned, so the pending hammer blow/movement is clearly visible.

Other than that, an excellent statue.

P.S. I also think that the statue would have been vastly improved by depicting a billowing cape, predominately to one side, conveying movement, and suggesting the blowing winds of war.
Your opinion.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #154
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

If I have to put this on lazy Susan to see it , it’s not well designed . From one angle destroyers arm blocks Thor’s body . It doesn’t fit well with other pieces I own but if you want something unique this may be it . This is a diorama not so much just a Thor piece . It’s telling a story .
Old 04-13-2020, 04:36 PM   #155
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
If I have to put this on lazy Susan to see it , it’s not well designed . From one angle destroyers arm blocks Thor’s body . It doesn’t fit well with other pieces I own but if you want something unique this may be it . This is a diorama not so much just a Thor piece . It’s telling a story .
Who said you have to put this on one to see it? I didn’t.

I gave a general option that can apply to ALL statues if one wants it...my original statement posed an option, not a necessity nor even a recommendation. If I get this (debating, I sure do like it though) it’ll be displayed with Destroyer around eye level and placed at an angle. I’ll be able to see everything just fine. It’s ok for us to disagree though.

You’re right though, it does tell a story, not unlike many pieces nowadays from other companies such as Thor on Surtur PF, Miles on Ultimate Venom PF, any X-Man on a Sentinel from any company, Superman inside Braniac’s ship while holding his head PF, Wonder Woman in Hades PF, Black Widow with Ultron drone PF, Gladiator Hulk on the Sakaar monster maquette, Spidey on Doc Oc tentacles PF, Scarecrow on Jason Todd’s grave PF, Deadpool rollerblading over a merry go round pony statue, PS4 Spidey on Mr. Negative’s monster form, etc. but all of them are named only for the central character involved in the piece. I think there’s a Bane trampling over Batman piece as well that’s just named for Bane, I could be wrong.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 PM   #156
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s all good . Buy it if you love it . I own many XMs I won’t buy this the hammer position is terrible imo . It’s hidden unless put on angle . No thanks

The paint apps on this , are outta this world . Stunning
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #157
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s all good . Buy it if you love it . I own many XMs I won’t buy this the hammer position is terrible imo . It’s hidden unless put on angle . No thanks

The paint apps on this , are outta this world . Stunning
Facts. I’d display this at an angle anyway, not front facing so it’s fine for me.

Someone said Mjolnir’s handle was too short. I agree it could be longer.

But then again artists draw it at different lengths and often draw it at the length XM made it compared to his hand size (for the images with one hand just imagine if the other was there). No right or wrong there, just individual preference.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:45 AM   #158
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't get why the trolls spend so much time trolling a statue because it doesn't confirm to how they think it should be made. Just move on and don't be a loser who hangs around to bash something you claim to not be interested in.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #159
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
I think a similar issue is happening for XM Magik as well.. her soul sword is at the back of her which is a kind of missed opportunity to showcase her signature weapon..
Then put the statue up like this.

There you see the soul sword, fire and her nice ass

As for Thor.
I'm waiting for Thor in hand pics and then i will decide if i buy Thor or not.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #160
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This statue is amazing but I'm waiting for a classic Thor. I'm a huge Thor fan. He's my second favorite behind Spiderman. I didn't like the classic Thor they did. The portrait didn't do it for me.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote