Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-02-2019, 11:29 PM   #171
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I just got this piece in today, and I'm very much blown away by her beauty and presence. Just one quick pic for now, and I'll be taking much better pictures this weekend.

Looks nice. This is one of the better pics I've seen.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #172
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I just got this piece in today, and I'm very much blown away by her beauty and presence. Just one quick pic for now, and I'll be taking much better pictures this weekend.

Glad you got her and are happy. One of my favorites, and do think in person her presence really comes across.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #173
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Glad you got her and are happy. One of my favorites, and do think in person her presence really comes across.
She's quite brilliant.
  • Immaculate paint
  • Awesome pose, very powerful but regal
  • Love both portraits - not only different expressions, but different head gear and different hairstyles
  • Switch out arms are awesome, even though I prefer the sword and shield
  • Great skin tone
  • Lots of small details - great battle damage on her costume, sculpted eyelashes, gorgeous blue eyes, etchings on sword, insane detail on the shield
  • Love the demonic hands reaching out from the underworld
  • ES of only 200 is crazy

The one thing I was curious about - I saw back some pages that they did some other version that came with a third head which almost looks as if they took the more fierce open-mouth face of the helmeted portrait and put that with the hair of the non-helmet portrait. Too bad we didn't get that third head, but I was curious was it like an Exclusive that only Iron Studios direct got? If so, how many of that edition were made?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #174
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
She's quite brilliant.
  • Immaculate paint
  • Awesome pose, very powerful but regal
  • Love both portraits - not only different expressions, but different head gear and different hairstyles
  • Switch out arms are awesome, even though I prefer the sword and shield
  • Great skin tone
  • Lots of small details - great battle damage on her costume, sculpted eyelashes, gorgeous blue eyes, etchings on sword, insane detail on the shield
  • Love the demonic hands reaching out from the underworld
  • ES of only 200 is crazy

The one thing I was curious about - I saw back some pages that they did some other version that came with a third head which almost looks as if they took the more fierce open-mouth face of the helmeted portrait and put that with the hair of the non-helmet portrait. Too bad we didn't get that third head, but I was curious was it like an Exclusive that only Iron Studios direct got? If so, how many of that edition were made?
I believe that was limited to South Americans and very low ES. I'm personally not that bothered as switch outs we got are incredible. I've gone back and forth multiple times on head and arms.

I also love the base and when the lights are low turning on that red light gives her yet another dimension.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #175
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I believe that was limited to South Americans and very low ES. I'm personally not that bothered as switch outs we got are incredible. I've gone back and forth multiple times on head and arms.

I also love the base and when the lights are low turning on that red light gives her yet another dimension.
I haven't tried the arms with the lasso, just the sword/shield. How easy is it to pose the lasso so that it looks good?

I'm not bothered by the lack of the third head, was just curious as there's such limited information out there. Like three people have posted in hand pics, and there's literally one unboxing video on YouTube, and it's not in English.

As for the light up, the idea is actually really awesome. Normally, I hate light ups, but this one is smart. I didn't try mine yesterday, in fact left the unopened batteries in her box, but where is the switch? I didn't notice a switch on the outside of the base, but it wouldn't make much sense on the bottom.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #176
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I was tempted by this, but I just know that eventually P1 will make a comic based WW and it'll be amazing. So I continue to wait.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #177
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I haven't tried the arms with the lasso, just the sword/shield. How easy is it to pose the lasso so that it looks good?

I'm not bothered by the lack of the third head, was just curious as there's such limited information out there. Like three people have posted in hand pics, and there's literally one unboxing video on YouTube, and it's not in English.

As for the light up, the idea is actually really awesome. Normally, I hate light ups, but this one is smart. I didn't try mine yesterday, in fact left the unopened batteries in her box, but where is the switch? I didn't notice a switch on the outside of the base, but it wouldn't make much sense on the bottom.
There is a round button on the side you press to switch it on and off. It blends well with the base so not an eyesore at all.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #178
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I was tempted by this, but I just know that eventually P1 will make a comic based WW and it'll be amazing. So I continue to wait.
If they do, I'll buy her too as long as she looks good. Personally, I think they've done too many movie versions. Plus, not a fan of the weird Injustice one with the game armor but then Gal Gadot's portrait.

I've been wondering what line they would add the comic version too. Kingdome Come? Artgerm?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #179
Augen
Metal Men

Artgerm seems like a slam dunk obvious one for them.

I keep waiting on Fabok line to show after the tease.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #180
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Artgerm seems like a slam dunk obvious one for them.

I keep waiting on Fabok line to show after the tease.
Didn't realize they were doing one. How long ago was the tease? And was it 1/3?