Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #61
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That's not what i tried say (english is my second langueage...), what i say is, even if it's in the shape of a regular stake or in the shape of a knife, it will only penetrate the heart... It won't do more than that, if the stake's carved at the shape of a knife so it's pointless to carve it in the shape of a knife.

I said i'm sorry, no need to threaten.
I didn’t threaten. If I had, I’d have added something like “or else I’ll ban you” or something like that. I’m offering counsel, so please don’t read into what I’m saying.

Edit: Perhaps I should have added, “or else you run the risk of appearing like you’re stubbornly not listening to others’ points while also being insulting” to be clearer. Sorry to have given you the impression I was threatening, which I was not.

I do understand that English is your second language, so I’ll try this again. You say “it will only penetrate the heart...it won’t do more than that.” That’s all it needs to do, penetrating the heart with a wooden weapon will kill a vampire. A wooden knife, stabbed or thrown, that pierced a vampire’s heart, will kill the vampire. It’s not “pointless to carve it into the shape of a knife” as doing so makes it a strategic and effective weapon in battle to kill vampires.

Last edited by wktf; 01-14-2018 at 03:27 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:55 AM   #62
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I didn’t threaten. If I had, I’d have added something like “or else I’ll ban you” or something like that. I’m offering counsel, so please don’t read into what I’m saying.

Edit: Perhaps I should have added, “or else you run the risk of appearing like you’re stubbornly not listening to others’ points while also being insulting” to be clearer. Sorry to have given you the impression I was threatening, which I was not.

I do understand that English is your second language, so I’ll try this again. You say “it will only penetrate the heart...it won’t do more than that.” That’s all it needs to do, penetrating the heart with a wooden weapon will kill a vampire. A wooden knife, stabbed or thrown, that pierced a vampire’s heart, will kill the vampire. It’s not “pointless to carve it into the shape of a knife” as doing so makes it a strategic and effective weapon in battle to kill vampires.
Lets agree to disagree.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:18 AM   #63
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Thus marking the first time in history (and likely the last) that these two movies appear in the same sentence.

At last I have something to put on my gravestone.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:27 AM   #64
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

So...that Black Panther film, huh?

I guess a lot of the sentiments echoed here are pretty much identical to my own in terms of love for the character, Chad Boseman and the importance this film represents (This might end up being the highest grossing movie ever with a black lead is one of the rumours I've heard. Which in and of itself is ridiculous in 2018).

But I think there's a little divide between those whose excitement for the character and the love of the comics that inspired this movie is enough for them to want to go and see this, and those who were a bit unimpressed with the trailer and that is preventing them from getting excited.

To me, it looks a little bot like a clone of Iron Man, and to see the two identical Black Panther suits fight in what will probably be the climax of the film...I'm a little bit tired of that. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #65
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Lets agree to disagree.
That's fine. Clearly, you don't understand what will kill vampires and you have not read Tomb of Dracula. Let's discuss again after you've read it.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #66
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
So...that Black Panther film, huh?

I guess a lot of the sentiments echoed here are pretty much identical to my own in terms of love for the character, Chad Boseman and the importance this film represents (This might end up being the highest grossing movie ever with a black lead is one of the rumours I've heard. Which in and of itself is ridiculous in 2018).

But I think there's a little divide between those whose excitement for the character and the love of the comics that inspired this movie is enough for them to want to go and see this, and those who were a bit unimpressed with the trailer and that is preventing them from getting excited.

To me, it looks a little bot like a clone of Iron Man, and to see the two identical Black Panther suits fight in what will probably be the climax of the film...I'm a little bit tired of that. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
You know, I hadn't made the connection of Black Panther/Killmonger to Iron Man/Iron Monger, both villains using replicas of the heroes' suits in their battles with them. Excellent point. I guess I was so caught up in my hype for the character's movie, the high caliber actors in it and the cool effects that I missed this entirely. Now I'll be watching for it when I see the film.

Edit: I really disliked Black Panther's vibranium suite in Civil War. Like the Burton or Nolan Batman armor, while adding a cool factor, both take away from the characters I've loved for 5 decades. But, that's just me.

Last edited by wktf; 01-15-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #67
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

That's a good point. It always irks me when I see something so uninspired. Hopefully they don't go that route, but I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they'll team up and fight Man Ape/M'Baku. Eh...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #68
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You know, I hadn't made the connection of Black Panther/Killmonger to Iron Man/Iron Monger, both villains using replicas of the heroes' suits in their battles with them. Excellent point. I guess I was so caught up in my hype for the character's movie, the high caliber actors in it and the cool effects that I missed this entirely. Now I'll be watching for it when I see the film.

Edit: I really disliked Black Panther's vibranium suite in Civil War. Like the Burton or Nolan Batman armor, while adding a cool factor, both take away from the characters I've loved for 5 decades. But, that's just me.
Yeah but he's had Vibrainium woven into the Suit since 1998. So for nearly 2 of the Five decades you've loved him he's had this very thing.

The movies are only taking what is already been done and weaving even more tech into it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #69
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
That's a good point. It always irks me when I see something so uninspired. Hopefully they don't go that route, but I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they'll team up and fight Man Ape/M'Baku. Eh...
I don’t think Man-Ape will ever happen. They will just call him by his name. I doubt we see the gorilla costume on him either, too much potential for a lawsuit.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #70
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah but he's had Vibrainium woven into the Suit since 1998. So for nearly 2 of the Five decades you've loved him he's had this very thing.

The movies are only taking what is already been done and weaving even more tech into it.
He has? I haven’t read his books since Reggie Hudlin did the writing, and that was mid 2000’s or so, and I don’t recall this at all? Was this from the Priest run? Because I don’t recall that either.