Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #21
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Hulk beats superman

and batman beats cap, easily, in my book. With one hand tied behind his back no less!

and that's all that matters to me!

In all honesty, if WW could beat an enraged Supes (like she was doing in sacrifice), then I think Thor and Hulk stand a chance too.

But the big question is, can supes beat sentry?
Now you've opened up a whole new can of worms, could Wonder Woman beat Thor?

Not too sure on the Batman vs Cap, that's gotta be one of the closest fights ever.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #22
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Boy, this is a smart group...I knew you would have the answer...

But Superman would lose. He WAS KILLED BY DOOMSDAY. There is no other argument to be made. Just because you think the story line was dumb and ill-conceived (granted it was) doesn't mean its not a part of continuity. BC made a good point...

Moon Knight, thanks for that story...yes it took you a long time to write it, but it was fun. Thanks!

Especially cause I liked the ending...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan
Boy, this is a smart group...I knew you would have the answer...

But Superman would lose. He WAS KILLED BY DOOMSDAY. There is no other argument to be made. Just because you think the story line was dumb and ill-conceived (granted it was) doesn't mean its not a part of continuity. BC made a good point...

Moon Knight, thanks for that story...yes it took you a long time to write it, but it was fun. Thanks!

Especially cause I liked the ending...

Yes, you have made the point that Doomsday killed Superman. But that is a poorly constructed argument, because he has beaten Doomsday more than once since his resurrection.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #24
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

This thread is hilarious. I've seen it a hundred times before on the DC Message Boards. People just pick their favorite characters to win these fights, which is silly. I am not a Superman fan per se, any more than I'm a Hulk fan. I would probably have to say that I personally like the Hulk better, and have read many more Hulk comics than Superman comics over the years. But if you are all being honest on this fight comparison, just based on powers alone, Superman takes Hulk and he takes Thor out as well. And, he takes Wonder Woman out too, end of story. His combination of strength and speed gives him the decided edge. Why would he ever allow the Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman, or anyone else to even land a puch? They would allways be moving like they were standing still compared to him in a fight. He could devise many, many ways to attack before they could even move. I just don't see a defense that any of them have for this type of clear advantage that Superman has.....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #25
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
This thread is hilarious. I've seen it a hundred times before on the DC Message Boards. People just pick their favorite characters to win these fights, which is silly. I am not a Superman fan per se, any more than I'm a Hulk fan. I would probably have to say that I personally like the Hulk better, and have read many more Hulk comics than Superman comics over the years. But if you are all being honest on this fight comparison, just based on powers alone, Superman takes Hulk and he takes Thor out as well. And, he takes Wonder Woman out too, end of story. His combination of strength and speed gives him the decided edge. Why would he ever allow the Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman, or anyone else to even land a puch? They would allways be moving like they were standing still compared to him in a fight. He could devise many, many ways to attack before they could even move. I just don't see a defense that any of them have for this type of clear advantage that Superman has.....
You did read the Sacrifice storyline, right? WW was able to get the advantage over Supes, even thought it was very tough.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #26
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
Exactly, it just turns into a popularity contest, or worse, a Marvel vs DC debate.

I think the only advantage Hulk has is his endurance over the longer period of time, and that would be null-and-void if Supes finished him quickly.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #27
RichBamf

Quote:
You did read the Sacrifice storyline, right? WW was able to get the advantage over Supes, even thought it was very tough.
But he was blinded by rage/mind control.

people who give in to anger in a fight make silly mistakes.

And the fight was ended quite prematurely, who knows which way it would've gone?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #28
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

Yeah....I read it. And, like I said, I believe the writers actually change what the characters can do....Actually change the characters abilities to suit their storylines. ( And I think the reason for this is that it just boils down to the fact that the writers have their favorite characters too)! This kind of inconsistency in the writing of these characters powers, destroys any chance of settling the arguments of Hulk vs Superman or any other characters. It's all a moot point really, so I guess we should just enjoy reading what we like and skip the stuff we don't. I guess that's the rule of thumb for collectors, ay?.....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #29
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf
But he was blinded by rage/mind control.

people who give in to anger in a fight make silly mistakes.

And the fight was ended quite prematurely, who knows which way it would've gone?
He was about to throw her into the sun and WW was still able to fight her way out of that! As Sam wilson once said, WW is a trained warrior, and has a superior fighting ability than Supes.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #30
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

superman all the way.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote