Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-20-2018, 11:23 PM   #201
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You basically answered your own question. When people personalize their statues, they're making their own variants. Not everyone wants the same variant, and statue companies aren't hobby shops.

I once asked Sideshow if they'd fix something for me -- not make a custom but restore a piece to its original state. They said they don't do that kind of work. Statue companies basically just design and sell stuff that is sub-contracted to factories elsewhere.

In terms of personalize, I don’t mean making their own custom pieces. The example I used with the DKR alt heads was manufactured by Prime One.

In the case of this Robin, I’d rather buy an alt base offered to better match the other Titans characters (if the Titans are themed similarly), as opposed to buying a separate Robin piece.

Has any company offered alternate bases or other pieces?

I hear your opinion that not everyone wants the same variants. I’m not sure about that if the designs and quality was great.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #202
Gothamite
Phoenix

Well, I'll tell you straight up that I have zero interest in the 1980s Titans, so no, I would not want a Titans base.

Robin is first and foremost a member of the Batfamily.

Also, honestly, making our own custom diorama bases for statues of this size is probably fairly simple, even for people with minimal skills.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:32 PM   #203
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed. I’d like a batgirl that’s enough for me. Nightwing is a pass. I want rogues and lots of them . So many I can surround these three Bat relatives. Hat will make for great display. These are large statues looking ahead even if we got just basic villains I’m going to need space:

Batman
Robin
Catwoman
Batgirl
Joker
Harley
Riddler
Penguin
Mr freeze
Bud Lou

I’m just stating the obvious ones to come. That’s already a lot of space but what a set up when done
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #204
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Agreed. I’d like a batgirl that’s enough for me. Nightwing is a pass.
What the...
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:46 AM   #205
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

He's definitely not going with my Titans line with the exclusive base for the bat family.

I'm just hoping they give us an original Nightwing to replace the robin would've gone in the Titans line up. I would also buy a Stelfreeze designed black and blue Nightwing, I think the traditional Discowing would probably look better with the Superpowers characters.

What do you guys think?
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:55 AM   #206
Gothamite
Phoenix

Here's the Icon Heroes diorama if you want a visual sense of what Disco Nightwing would look like displayed alongside the Titans.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:58 AM   #207
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
He's definitely not going with my Titans line with the exclusive base for the bat family.

I'm just hoping they give us an original Nightwing to replace the robin would've gone in the Titans line up. I would also buy a Stelfreeze designed black and blue Nightwing, I think the traditional Discowing would probably look better with the Superpowers characters.

What do you guys think?
I love the black and blue because it is the most iconic, and is my favorite version of Nightwing and I want Tweeterhead to make one. But, Discowing might fit better with the super powers I wish they make both and maybe one as a variant. In the end of the day, I will probably buy it no matter which version. I still prefer the black/blue version tho.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #208
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Okay so the interesting thing, If you are interested in getting the bat family together, you are most definitely going to want to pre-order Robin directly from TH. He will come with an additional base to display all three together. Only available from TH direct. Details will be coming. You heard it here first!!
For Batman, Robin, and Batgirl?
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #209
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Agreed. I’d like a batgirl that’s enough for me. Nightwing is a pass. I want rogues and lots of them . So many I can surround these three Bat relatives. Hat will make for great display. These are large statues looking ahead even if we got just basic villains I’m going to need space:

Batman
Robin
Catwoman
Batgirl
Joker
Harley
Riddler
Penguin
Mr freeze
Bud Lou

I’m just stating the obvious ones to come. That’s already a lot of space but what a set up when done
Hum, my next one after Joker would be Ras. I think he is an awesome character and nothing out there. After a Bane
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #210
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
For Batman, Robin, and Batgirl?
Yes.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote