Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #41
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
To each their own, but I would never give a seller over twice the retail price. It's insane.
people think what we spend our money on(comic statues) is insane...so who are we to judge ay? lol
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #42
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
But if you sell your stuff you would want to get paid whatever its worth even if its double, right?

Cause if you want to sell your stuff for what you paid for it send me a list when you decide...
Quote:
I'll be happy to take some piece off of your hands.
Word.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #43
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
But if you sell your stuff you would want to get paid whatever its worth even if its double, right?

Cause if you want to sell your stuff for what you paid for it send me a list when you decide... I'll be happy to take some pieces off of your hands...
umm..ask some of the forum people what I sell for..I help collectors on this forum not gouge them..

I wouldn't sell to you in a 100 years, because I know you would take my good deed and put it on ebay to make bucks.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #44
unbounddreams
I am da law!

Honestly for something of that price range I would sculpt the darn thing myself or my own take on it. But I can understand why collectors "want" it so much and so the capitalism aspect takes place. Supply and demand. Once again it is a matter of perspective of the collector.

-Jon
unbounddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #45
Colossus
Loki

1400 isnt that bad for it I am still considering picking it up at some point.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #46
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

That price seems about the norm, ive been considering getting this for a while but when it comes to the crunch i cant bring myself to pay that ammount.
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #47
taizo99
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

just did a search for this to see what came up can only find one -take a look ebay Item number: 320100162111
taizo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #48
Anespian
Sinister Six

Just the other day, i was reading about inflation rates & how a $$$ value worth of stuff today is only halved in 10 years down the road. And here we are spending insane amount on some statues which value escalates several times within a span of 2 years. Phew!

I'm sure the cost of these 'made in China' statues are just a fraction of the retail cost, largely due to the exchange rate. Those who are 'passionate' in this hobby can only justify what price he is willing to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Welcome to the world of statue collecting. In this hobby you always be in a state of having no money or explaining to your significant other why you spent all that money of a statue.

As far as getting this piece for $1400 is about right. I have watch this piece rise over the months/years since it was first released. I was like you when I first started collecting and I saw the exclusive and had a chance to get it for about $350.00 but turned it down I wish I had talked to someone about my boneheaded decision before I said no. A few things that you have to consider:

1.) Do you plan to sell this piece for a profit? If you do find another way to make money.
2.) Do you plan on keeping this piece until the end of time? If so buy it for yourself that way whether it goes up or down in value will not matter.

One last bit of advice you must approach statue collecting with the attitude that even if your collection is worthless to others to you it will be priceless because its yours. In reality $1400 is not a lot of money if you spend that on big ticket items like large flat screen TV's or computers and they lose value while your statue may go up in resale price.
Anespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #49
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdashnut12 View Post
lucky you. Now all you need is the surfer.
there's always gonna be a missing piece!!!
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:03 AM   #50
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

That's just how demand works. But If you're broke like me but want to buy it, try to shoot for $1100. Wait until you get that tax money or something.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote