Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #3011
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

They are not adding any extra blood outside of what is needed to achieve prototype levels.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #3012
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

with them shipping in april it will be 30 months from preorder til product received. its unreal.
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #3013
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

The prototype Sub-Zero had an "unintentional" splatter on his back, that made him look like he slipped and fell on his back onto a puddle of blood. I'm sure they're not trying to recreate that.

This blood thing is more subjective than Shin's flaking kanji, which was a straight-up defect. As you can see with the early ninja samples from SimplyToys, many people seem okay with the blood apps than others.

But anyway, the only way I'd accept this "QC" on the ninjas, would be if they rolled out brand new yellow & blue tunics to paint them in-house, and not by adding more random paint on top of the factory "grease stain" apps. Whatever, though, I'll trust Jerry's call on this.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #3014
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
But anyway, the only way I'd accept this "QC" on the ninjas, would be if they rolled out brand new yellow & blue tunics to paint them in-house, and not by adding more random paint on top of the factory "grease stain" apps. Whatever, though, I'll trust Jerry's call on this.
TOTALLY agree, but I doubt that will happen...

I finally received my PCS QC'ed Reg Akuma with a googly right eye looking up and was told it is within limits as each piece is hand made and there will be variations. The eyes appear to be plastic/glass and glued in not hand painted. I can return for a refund but no replacement... I paid my shipping within minutes of receiving the notice but was some how caught up in that you didn't pay your shipping crap and was one of the last to receive along with Fro... Now they have no replacements.

So I have 2 Shin's sitting here that I am hoping to open today and inspect. 4 Ryu's on order and my SF 1:3 collection will contain a googly eyed regular... Passing on Chun Li and other SF 1:3's going forward until I see exactly what will show up.

Seriously doubt they will replace all the Ninja's tunics...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #3015
yuken
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

PCS should think about efficient QC lol are they seriously doing a quality check in the US? they get them packed in china, pcs unboxes them again to do a qc and then they need to box them up again
yuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #3016
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuken View Post
PCS should think about efficient QC lol are they seriously doing a quality check in the US? they get them packed in china, pcs unboxes them again to do a qc and then they need to box them up again
Agree, It can't be cheap for them to dedicate the man hours, materials and warehouse space to inspect and correct each piece.

I appreciate them doing this after seeing pics of customers who received direct from the factory.

Doesn't make me happy to still see issues after the QC check though...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #3017
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I truly apologize for the delays. Our warehouse just cant handle all of these shipments coming in from China at once, plus doing the QC on everything.

We are still shipping Shin Akuma's out. As soon as we are close to done with those we can start QCing/shipping Ninjas.

We just dont have the room to do both at once as they are so large.

So im told early April start shipping Ninjas.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #3018
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

- We had a large amount of Akumas arrive with broken legs which is why we are short on replacements.

- Because of the above, we had to prioritize who got a replacement.

- No one is perfect, so even our best QC people will miss things at time.

- There is nothing wrong with the fabric of the Ninjas tunics. Its the same fabric from the prototype. Anyone who thinks so is simply wrong. I made them and I know what the prototypes looked like. If you think Im lying well you know where you can go...

- The blood spatter on the tunics is hard for the factory to do. On some pieces the 'blood' was a little too watery so it doesnt show up well. They were boxed up before they realized that. So when applicable we will add some more blood.

- These are hand made pieces of art. There will always be difference from piece to piece. I have in my office statues from XM, Prime, Sideshow and ARH and every single one has what could be considered a 'flaw' but I see it as part of the hand crafted nature of statues.

- If you want something that looks like it came out of a machine then we are not the company you should be buying from as i like that aspect of this business. It part of why I like Ferraris. They are all a little different because they are still mostly hand-made.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #3019
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
- No one is perfect, so even our best QC people will miss things at time.

- If you want something that looks like it came out of a machine then we are not the company you should be buying from as i like that aspect of this business. It part of why I like Ferraris. They are all a little different because they are still mostly hand-made.
1. Problem is "if" something is missed during QC...which is understandable to happen...is the fact the "nothing can be done" after the fact. Which in turn makes it seems as things are pushed out the door hoping no one will notice or care.

2. As with the above...if something is missed on your Farraris...do you just say "oh well, I will still keep it" or try to get it corrected?

As in the above, no one should be forced to keep or full return a googly-eyed piece.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #3020
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I truly apologize for the delays. Our warehouse just cant handle all of these shipments coming in from China at once, plus doing the QC on everything.

We are still shipping Shin Akuma's out. As soon as we are close to done with those we can start QCing/shipping Ninjas.

We just dont have the room to do both at once as they are so large.

So im told early April start shipping Ninjas.
Jerry, Im still waiting on my Raiden
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote