Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #2521
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks guys and I pretty much stick to Terminators and Predators. I do have some other pieces like the Godzilla maquette, Iron Man and War Machine, Avengers Hulk and the Terror Dog. oh and several Dinosauria pieces.

I try to limit myself to just 1/4 scale stuff since the prices just keep going up and space issues but there is so many other pieces I want lol. Probably will snatch the new SS Endo but not sure and would love the Voltron statue. ohh and eventually maybe Pumpkinhead and the Wolf Pred.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #2522
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Here's a shot with everything together also a crappy camera phone.
Nice display darb
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #2523
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am a big chronicle fan thus far, but this statue is just ok, especially after all the delays and talk about getting it right.

1) Statue does feel a bit plastic toy like especially the gun, but not to the point it's noticeable while on display.

2) Sculpt is beautiful, no issues, very good sharp details and faithfully replicating the movie version.

3) Paint on the statue itself is just ok, it's not bad but could been a lot better.

4) Paint on the gun is terrible, you can literally see the paint brushstrokes that are passed as weathering (see last photo). Very lazy - the same look as a newbie trying to paint weather effect on a plastic model kit. If this was from the same factory as cinemaquette pieces, i really dont know what to say. The gun should have been high quality polystone and painted metal like, not this cheap plastic kit assembly painted with gray brush lines all over it.

Overall it's ok, it's 1/4 endo statue, they are so rare to come by, i will keep it but it's no where near the ed209 or cain quality level i was hoping for.

Photos are taken without any editing other than size, to show how the paint color actually looks. I hate the idea of manipulating the photo colors to make it look more metal like or otherwise. The rabbit should be pure white, so you get an idea how much orange my 2700k lighting makes everything.

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #2524
gagaliya

Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 PM   #2525
Robopredinator
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Here's a shot with everything together also a crappy camera phone.
What endo is that in the middle right box?
Robopredinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #2526
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

fair review really and echos my thoughts as well on the paint other than the gun, which I think had to be pretty light for it to be held up correctly and not sag over time. the gun is just massive in person.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #2527
darb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
What endo is that in the middle right box?
Sideshows original 1/4 scale one, it was the first statue I ever purchased
Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #2528
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

IMO it looks like the brush strokes on the gun are intentional to replicate damage, dirt, scratches, etc, but CC would need to confirm. I can't see that being just a bad paint job, especially if Paul qc'd these before shipping.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #2529
qz33
Rescue

Great to see these are arriving!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #2530
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
IMO it looks like the brush strokes on the gun are intentional to replicate damage, dirt, scratches, etc, but CC would need to confirm. I can't see that being just a bad paint job, especially if Paul qc'd these before shipping.
yeah i know those are intentional to simulate weathering, but it shouldn't look like that. I have done enough x-wing plastic kits to know those are what bad weather effect looks like, usually by newbies doing their first paint up of the kit.