Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #311
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
If I want a Venom, I will buy a Venom. If house, car, groceries, all needs are completed, in addition to a few things she needs, I will do what I please.

She can get a job if she wants her own stuff that exceeds what I can provide monthly.
She get the same amount you spend?
Old 05-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #312
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

My fiance loves my collection, so much so she's funded half of it by her choice lol

Feels good.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #313
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
My fiance loves my collection, so much so she's funded half of it by her choice lol

Feels good.

I just suggested this to my mrs.... The ambulance should be here in 5 mins. Lucky you
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #314
risingstar
Jedi Order

The fact that my list of this year's Sideshow pre-orders is shorter than any Sideshow pre-order list I have had in over ten years serves as compelling commentary on this question. I wish it weren't the case though, unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to justify these expenditures.

I will say this though... I have noticed an increasing amount of product being sold for under retail on various FB pages over the past year. Whether this is because the product is overpriced, unpopular, or whether there just isn't enough fanbase cash to go around, who knows for sure? All this to say that I am seeing more fans playing the waiting game on their purchases.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #315
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The fact that my list of this year's Sideshow pre-orders is shorter than any Sideshow pre-order list I have had in over ten years serves as compelling commentary on this question. I wish it weren't the case though, unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to justify these expenditures.

I will say this though... I have noticed an increasing amount of product being sold for under retail on various FB pages over the past year. Whether this is because the product is overpriced, unpopular, or whether there just isn't enough fanbase cash to go around, who knows for sure? All this to say that I am seeing more fans playing the waiting game on their purchases.
I'm in the same boat. The only item I have on PO now is the EX Bane PF. That's it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #316
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

Everyone wants the new ----.. plain and simple. Why buy that old used statue when there's a new(and likely better) one just around the corner?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #317
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I just have lex and thanos on order with ss. Used to have 7 or 8 at a time. I think I've pretty much made my choice with my wallet.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #318
ukshaun
Hercules

It is too much when you start going into debt, or having to hold down more than one job for the sake of a hobby.
If you find yourself in this situation, then it all points to addiction
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:02 AM   #319
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

At one point, I had 12 statues on pre-order. The last few years only 3-4. This year, just one statue (Angela PF). Prices and exchange rates have pushed me out of the game, not to mention the Aus govt looking to collect GST on all overseas purchases.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #320
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
At one point, I had 12 statues on pre-order. The last few years only 3-4. This year, just one statue (Angela PF). Prices and exchange rates have pushed me out of the game, not to mention the Aus govt looking to collect GST on all overseas purchases.
I used to be the same way but I would only have as much as 5-6 pieces on preorder. It's really scarce that I order now. I'm more less a window shopper unless something really grabs my attention that I need in my collection.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote