Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #91
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Doctor Octo-Brainiac is up for PO...….
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #92
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Well this guy finally got a PO. Seems like we're waiting a full year or more between reveals and POs now on top of their 2 year wait from PO to shipping. This hobby is getting brutal.
Yep, it's really affected me to the point where I don't care much anymore. I'm just completely burnt out on seeing a statue for YEARS before I have it, it's just ridiculous. And it's really, really easy for me to move on considering how much they cost. It's pretty easy for other things to come along in that timeframe that are more important/interesting to me.

I'll get the 3 I have on PO, and I'm pretty much done. I was really excited about the DKR Superman/Armored Batman, and I barely care anymore. And that's BEFORE the year and a half + wait after they go on PO...... whenever the hell that is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #93
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, it's really affected me to the point where I don't care much anymore. I'm just completely burnt out on seeing a statue for YEARS before I have it, it's just ridiculous. And it's really, really easy for me to move on considering how much they cost. It's pretty easy for other things to come along in that timeframe that are more important/interesting to me.

I'll get the 3 I have on PO, and I'm pretty much done. I was really excited about the DKR Superman/Armored Batman, and I barely care anymore. And that's BEFORE the year and a half + wait after they go on PO...... whenever the hell that is.
I feel exactly the same. I don't even care about DKR Superman anymore. I would even like this statue, but the wait just kills my interest. Maybe when it's in stock in 2 years I'll get it. I just don't want to PO stuff and wait for years anymore. XM is really annoying me with all the DC statues they're pumping out. They have yet to deliver a single one.

I used to be all for customs because the big companies weren't making characters people wanted, but now I think they are contributing to wait times being so long. There are so many custom groups on FB and they use the same factories as these big companies.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #94
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Well it may be a long wait time but personally am super pumped someone is finally making a brainiac statue!

Now if I could only get more superman villains like metalo, livewire, parasite, or toyman (or a luthor in a business suit!) in 1:4 scale... But seriously this is an awesome statue for a great character imho. Very happy Prime 1 is doing this one!
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #95
Dred17
Frackin!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the tentacles are posable or are they solid??
Dred17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #96
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred17 View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the tentacles are posable or are they solid??
I believe they are solid but removable so you might be able to move them around depending on the configuration you want. Not 100% sure though
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:03 AM   #97
snakej32
Fantastic Four

I'm completely neutral on Brainiac as a character but this statue and the base look incredible. For some reason I'm really tempted to get it, there's just something about the design etc. that really makes it look special. Does anyone else feel the same way? Such a cool looking statue.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #98
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
I'm completely neutral on Brainiac as a character but this statue and the base look incredible. For some reason I'm really tempted to get it, there's just something about the design etc. that really makes it look special. Does anyone else feel the same way? Such a cool looking statue.
Yes! This Brainiac is amazing. I collect what looks cool, doesn't have to be a character I love. I've seen statues of characters I've never even heard of and loved them because the statue was so well done. Then you want to learn more about the character.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #99
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The only thing that bums me out about this statue is that it's not 1/3 scale. It's a good enough representation that it would fit in perfectly with the rest of the 1/3 DC statues Prime has put out. Regardless, I'll still end up getting it. The closest thing Sideshow is going to do with Brainiac is his severed head with the new Superman PF.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #100
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm still waiting to see if Secret Compass carries this.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote