Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #21
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I tihnk why we get upset not at last getting what we paid is that we don't need this stuff, we need a car, house, clothes and so on. So when you buy a statue you buy it you already feel stupid, then when you want to sell you want to try and get what you paid at least for this statues you think you shouldn't have bought
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #22
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If that's really what someone is thinking, then 1) They shouldn't buy them in the first place, and 2) They have no one to blame but themselves.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #23
French Cancan
Deadman

Deepika is sad. She just found out that she lost her entire investment in a polystone mine.

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Deepika is so happy. She just learned that a polystone Batman mine had just been discovered. She invested the rest of her fortune.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #24
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I tihnk why we get upset not at last getting what we paid is that we don't need this stuff, we need a car, house, clothes and so on. So when you buy a statue you buy it you already feel stupid, then when you want to sell you want to try and get what you paid at least for this statues you think you shouldn't have bought
I think this probably summarizes it well. The utility of a statue is very hard to define in comparison to some of the product she available at the similar price point. Clothes, a phone, PC and so forth can be much higher in utility. So it’s easier to even quantify and say “I got my money’s worth” with those things after sometime than with a statue, where the satisfaction of owning the statue and enjoying looking at it is not only hard to quantify, but seems hard to even equate to those thing so of higher utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
If that's really what someone is thinking, then 1) They shouldn't buy them in the first place, and 2) They have no one to blame but themselves.
I don’t think it’s something we think consciously though. Even though I can fully see the merit in what craigcliff said, I will likely still at least keep collecting some of my 1/8 and 1/7, though be even more hesitant on Prime1. I guess in my mind I justify it as the smaller ones aren’t that expensive when I go for each purchase. It’s pretty much the price of good concert seats, which have no tangible object coming out of it apart from unreliable memories
But the same case could be made that I save up my small purchases and spend it on a Prime 1. But if I did that, I would still subconsciously wonder how much of what I spent could be recovered....
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #25
ddarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Deepika is sad. She just found out that she lost her entire investment in a polystone mine.

Deepika is so happy. She just learned that a polystone Batman mine had just been discovered. She invested the rest of her fortune.
lol, good one! Is that actually the same person in both gifs?
Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #26
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
lol, good one! Is that actually the same person in both gifs?
Yes. Deepika Padukone, a model and Bollywood actress.

Not sure why she is so interested in polystone though...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #27
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Get your financial house in order and many of the concerns you have about buying a statue will evaporate then the only reasonable reason for selling a statue will be lack of space.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #28
ddarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Get your financial house in order and many of the concerns you have about buying a statue will evaporate then the only reasonable reason for selling a statue will be lack of space.
I can assure you that I personally am not asking for selling in the event of financial difficulties. As someone mentioned in the posts above, given the lack of utility of a statue, there is that nagging feeling over spending the money. So one way to alleviate that, at least for me, is thinking about it as having some resale value.

Also, in regards to reasonable reason for selling, I would think the obvious and number one reason would be that one no longer finds it that appealing. In my own experience with 1/7 and 1/8, this does happen sometime. There are some piece that no longer hold that appeal they did when I purchased them.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #29
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
I can assure you that I personally am not asking for selling in the event of financial difficulties. As someone mentioned in the posts above, given the lack of utility of a statue, there is that nagging feeling over spending the money. So one way to alleviate that, at least for me, is thinking about it as having some resale value.

Also, in regards to reasonable reason for selling, I would think the obvious and number one reason would be that one no longer finds it that appealing. In my own experience with 1/7 and 1/8, this does happen sometime. There are some piece that no longer hold that appeal they did when I purchased them.
I was just speaking in general not really towards you but yeah i guess a statue that no longer has your heart would be another good reason to sell but personally i cannot imagine losing interest in any of my statues. Perhaps that's because i have not been collecting very long............. but still i just cannot see it.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:08 PM   #30
vKevinnn

If you guys ever sell any of your prime 1 statues, with these huge boxes what’s the best shipping, cost and insurance considering? I feel like insurance would be a must because if someone drops the box it’s going to break everything. When I need to part with my two box statues I have no idea how to ship them cost effectively.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote