Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 08-20-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
giro
The Riddler

What About Arh Statues In Brazil?

I WON A GREAT FULLSIZE CLASSIC BLACK PANTHER STATUE ON EBAY . This statue goes perfect with my MODERN CAPTAIN AMERICA it's that nice . I don't like all of his statues but this classic black panther statue ARH did is one of my favorite . Waiting for a fullsize flash and phantom statue . His red skull statue he did is out of production that's the only other one i like . Just found out the sculptor is moving to the US now so his site is down till he get's settled here . Does anybody else have any of his work lets here it.
giro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Mosby
Fantastic Four

i don't have any of his work, but have checked it out with interest on ebay a few times. i was always just feeling sketchy about ordering something from another country, and an artist i didn't know. but glad to know that you got that bpanther -- i saw that one and liked it. now that he's moving to the states, please someone let us know when he's up and running again -- i would order something from him at some point; he's quite talented.
Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #3
BobbyW
The Beast

ARH Ghost Rider

I ordered an ARH Ghost Rider from another Brazilian seller. It arrived broken and the seller was trying to work with me but was taking his time about it. I had already known about the ARH website and had been talking to Arahom and Luiz about this situation. I asked them how I could fix the statue.

To make a long story short, their answer was to send me a brand new Ghost Rider Statue...free of charge. This was done even though I did not buy the original statue from them.

Arahom is a class act and I wish him the best when he is up and running again.
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
giro
The Riddler

GUY'S THEY ARE GREAT. if you need help with a better person to order from i have it . great ebayer who deal's with arh 100% feedback and if something breaks they will send you a new one email me and i'll give you his address , and will also let you know when the site is up , fullsize PHANTOM STATUE IS SHIPPING OUT MONDAY CAIN'T WAIT FOR THAT . GOT THE FLASH STATUE IN THE CLASSIC YELLOW AND RED . i pay the extra 40. bucks to get it here in 5 days that's what you wanna do not let it linger for 2-3weeks
Old 08-22-2004, 10:35 AM   #5
EXITAR007
Fantastic Four

I would love to get that red skull statue it`s awesome.
EXITAR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

a freind has the red skull statue and it is nice. I have ARH's flying Superman piece and want that Doomsday to go under Superman.

I like his work and that he is doing everything now. A lot of his pieces are from a basic body he worked out a few years ago and have a "generic" look sometimes. his more dynamic pieces are very nice that Is why I got the flying Superman.

Box arrived beat to hell but inside the statue was in sweet condition. Arahom and his group have always been very polite and quick in responces in all dealing I've had with them.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
Confessor
The Avengers

CK & others--

I know about Brazilian statues pretty well. I have 4 Sculptix statues (not ARH, only "20 made" of each one...under the radar for the copyright issue), but I have looked into the ARH as well.

ARH does have some very nice looking pieces. Some are so-so. CK speaks of a generic run of characters, where they are standing w/ head to one side or the other, arms slighly curled at wrists and elbows and with fists clinched. Basically, the sculpt was only changed slightly from character to character. They did Flash, Captain Marvel (Marvel), Dr. Manhattan and a good many others. I skipped all of these due to the generic pose. The Flash (I like the red/gold better than their red/yellow version) but he is standing instead of running.

There were/are some Brazilian politics where some there claimed that ARH sold his molds to others, then did recasts on the pieces he still had...some pretty hard feelings that I have seen fleshed out via email with some folks down there. I dont know how true this claim is...only that it is claimed. Then there is the idea that some say he has taken some BD busts and put bodies on them, basically (without giving credit where credit was due).

But some of the pieces are very nice. If one looks at his whole body of work, one can see how his skills have sharpened over some of his very early work.

As an aside, my Sculptix Magneto full sized statue is one of my favorite pieces. It will be tough for BD or anyone to beat this pose, etc.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:43 PM   #8
giro
The Riddler

waiting now for my full size phantom statue end of next week now there's a statue you won't see be done anytime soon , i got to get that full size red skull awsome , i agree with you on the flying superman only one i like out of the others , you really have to look hard at them to see which is best all i know is that the fullsize classic black panther statue was done really well i think hes best statue goes with my captain america freakin awsome.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:01 AM   #9
Superhero
The Spirit

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
CK & others--

I know about Brazilian statues pretty well. I have 4 Sculptix statues (not ARH, only "20 made" of each one...under the radar for the copyright issue), but I have looked into the ARH as well.

ARH does have some very nice looking pieces. Some are so-so. CK speaks of a generic run of characters, where they are standing w/ head to one side or the other, arms slighly curled at wrists and elbows and with fists clinched. Basically, the sculpt was only changed slightly from character to character. They did Flash, Captain Marvel (Marvel), Dr. Manhattan and a good many others. I skipped all of these due to the generic pose. The Flash (I like the red/gold better than their red/yellow version) but he is standing instead of running.

There were/are some Brazilian politics where some there claimed that ARH sold his molds to others, then did recasts on the pieces he still had...some pretty hard feelings that I have seen fleshed out via email with some folks down there. I dont know how true this claim is...only that it is claimed. Then there is the idea that some say he has taken some BD busts and put bodies on them, basically (without giving credit where credit was due).

But some of the pieces are very nice. If one looks at his whole body of work, one can see how his skills have sharpened over some of his very early work.

As an aside, my Sculptix Magneto full sized statue is one of my favorite pieces. It will be tough for BD or anyone to beat this pose, etc.
Confessor,

Would you mind posting a pic of the Magneto you mentioned, I would love to see it.

Thanks
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:57 AM   #10
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

If anyone has the link to his site can you post it.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote