Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #401
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
I've had a few comments about how good they are, never had anyone comment on how someone my age shouldn't collect them.
My granddaughter has said she'll happily look after them when I die
Easier said then done. Once it's time to move that will be a different story. No one knows how to pack or even begin to sell these with so many fragile parts but they collector himself/ herself. These things takes up massive space and the boxes as well. If your kids gets married they probably will not want the statues hogging up a couple of rooms that can be used for family. Or if they move out of state. Chances are they will not try to pack and load these up in a truck and then unpack them all later to display. Very unlikely. When I go I will just sell them all at 50% off which is the only way to move most of them these days after high fees, and breakage refunds. and give them the money. It's much easier that way imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #402
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Easier said then done. Once it's time to move that will be a different story. No one knows how to pack or even begin to sell these with so many fragile parts but they collector himself/ herself. These things takes up massive space and the boxes as well. If your kids gets married they probably will not want the statues hogging up a couple of rooms that can be used for family. Or if they move out of state. Chances are they will not try to pack and load these up in a truck and then unpack them all later to display. Very unlikely. When I go I will just sell them all at 50% off and give them the money. It's much easier that way imo.
If she wants a free statue collection she can figure out how to move them herself
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #403
Anthos
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I’ve been out of statue collecting for a few years now. This was the one character that could get me back in.
Anthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #404
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
I've had a few comments about how good they are, never had anyone comment on how someone my age shouldn't collect them.
My granddaughter has said she'll happily look after them when I die
Well I definitely have people in my family who think it's an incredible waste of money, but me and my cousin who is one of my best friends have bought statues and figures since we were kids buying heman, g.i. joe and transformers, so nothing they say matters because you either love collecting or you dont and I love this stuff, my daughter likes my statues, but would probably rather have the money from them, but shes gotta wait a few years I hope
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #405
Thor57
Teen Titans

This is gonna be $2700. $700 for the sculpt, $2000 to pay the surgeon for the top notch boob job.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #406
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Since we’re in the world of expectations that have no chance of coming true, I’m a film producer and I choose Kate Upton.
I give her the role of Sonja, because organizing an expedition to Mars may be beyond my financial possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This is a good question and of course I want both!

Sonja has some requirement that you need to beat her in battle before bedding? I know some folks are just being PC but most guys that aren't keyboard warriors aint got any problems with this option. Seriously. Maybe the hordes of white knights army roadblocking? Yeah.

Dejah is like an Aphrodite that would just spin you around in a lust web where you would probably starve from just over-mating and forget food altogether.

I choose the over-mating as I aint about wasting time and energy on sword play. Plus that toxic masculinity typically calls out us guys to do no harm to the ladies even as we chase humping all in sight.
Lol, you make a convincing case, can't argue with you there.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #407
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Collect what you like...awkward explanations to the mother in law can be figured out later.
Buy first explain later...

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #408
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Who was it that said "better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:32 AM   #409
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote: