Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #801
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
I've been bothered by the gold pasties for a few days - not that they're there - but anyone else want a more creative design?

Example pic from another Martian Princess. Lol

I thought that too. That it could be more elaborate. But I think they did that so her figure was the focus. Which I agree with. The figure is beautiful. She doesn't need an abundance of or elaborate jewelry. You also focus quite a bit on her attitude filled face.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #802
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Listen I find it odd that after nearly a year they change the name, these legal things can be incredibly complicated, but it's also odd that now people are saying they hope sideshow gets the ---- sued out of them, because if that happens sideshow would probably just cancel the statue, and I want the thing, even if it has another name I dont care
Sounds like Facebook rage. I haven't read anything like that here. This is a beautiful statue under any name.

But :wink: her name is Dejah.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #803
Awanagana
Doh!

It wouldn't hurt if they decided to lower also the price after the name change lol
Awanagana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:19 PM   #804
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Listen I find it odd that after nearly a year they change the name, these legal things can be incredibly complicated, but it's also odd that now people are saying they hope sideshow gets the ---- sued out of them, because if that happens sideshow would probably just cancel the statue, and I want the thing, even if it has another name I dont care
Preach it! I'm having a little fun at Sideshow's expense, but I want this statue. I also want the pasties to be removable, but that might not be the consensus with other collectors.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #805
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Preach it! I'm having a little fun at Sideshow's expense, but I want this statue. I also want the pasties to be removable, but that might not be the consensus with other collectors.
Haha, I hope there removable too, I wondered if they would advertise that or you'd find out when you received it? The first Gallevarbe had a removable piece and I dont think it was listed as so, but i might be wrong, i cant remember for sure, but i dont think it was listed originally
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #806
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Haha, I hope there removable too, I wondered if they would advertise that or you'd find out when you received it? The first Gallevarbe had a removable piece and I dont think it was listed as so, but i might be wrong, i cant remember for sure, but i dont think it was listed originally
They didn't advertise it, but Mark Newman confirmed it on the forums at some point before it was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNew View Post
It was originally designed to be topless. We added a switch out top for thought who can't really handle all that natural female anatomy.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #807
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awanagana View Post
It wouldn't hurt if they decided to lower also the price after the name change lol
If the production turns out like prototype this is rare piece I'd actually say is priced below what I'd expect.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #808
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nearmint - I will take the credit for saying it on here. I totally said they should get sued. See my opinion below

Quote:
The reason that I would like SS to get smacked down (sued) is because they are a HUGE license bully and now they are trying to get around paying/crediting a creator/license holder. They also get pissed about unlicensed home kits too. It's hypocrisy. That's why they should get sued.

And I want this statue too (assuming the production piece looks great). So I don't want it canceled. I just want honesty AND it to say Dejah Thoris on the base because we ALL know that is who this is.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #809
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I see what your saying, I'm assuming they wouldn't knowingly try to screw over somebody since they have much bigger licenses like marvel and DC, but maybe something came up recently after they already had the piece in production, but I agree with you if they are just trying to screw somebody over then that's bad, but possibly somebody has come out of the blue and trying to get license money from them, I have to believe that's what has happened, they still sell tons of Dejah stuff on there website, so it is really strange no doubt
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #810
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I suppose it would be too much too ask for an official announcement explaining the reason for the name change.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote