Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-10-2021, 12:09 PM   #261
FJC
Midnighter

Personally, the only statues I really like of Psylocke are the Kotobukiya Psylocke by Sosa and the sideshow comiquette.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #262
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Personally, the only statues I really like of Psylocke are the Kotobukiya Psylocke by Sosa and the sideshow comiquette.
Amen to that! I have both and always keep them out on display.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #263
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
That is F'ing stupid. The comics has her as an Asian, did they just want to complete rewrite the history of comic. Currently the face looks like cheap prostitute, honestly, I think the elongated face from Sideshow Psylocke look at least Asian than this.

XM do us Justice and make it look Asian. Just include another sculpt face beside you sent out your stuff and BAM problem solved.

REMEMBER XM IT WAS THE CUSTOMER WHO PAYS FOR THE STATUE, NOT MARVEL/DISNEY.
XM would have to buy Disney for that to happen lol. I agree, I want a Japanese Psylocke. If I want a Caucasian statue, I have my pick of 10 million others. It's weird they can do the Jim Lee suit, but not the portrait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Psylocke is still Asian however, she is no longer Elisabeth Braddock but Kwannon; Betsy Braddock is now Captain Britain. The code name Psylocke is Kwannon’s only consolation after what happened to her.
Yes, I meant Betsy is no longer in the asian body. So XM apparently can only do a Eurasian portrait at best. Of course we complained in the FB groups a while back. Licensing is a funny thing. We'll just have to see if any other companies release the asian portrait in the future.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #264
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
XM would have to buy Disney for that to happen lol. I agree, I want a Japanese Psylocke. If I want a Caucasian statue, I have my pick of 10 million others. It's weird they can do the Jim Lee suit, but not the portrait.

Yes, I meant Betsy is no longer in the asian body. So XM apparently can only do a Eurasian portrait at best. Of course we complained in the FB groups a while back. Licensing is a funny thing. We'll just have to see if any other companies release the asian portrait in the future.

Disney ain't buying the statues, it is us the customer who buy the statues. Dude XM can just include it the swap out for another head piece.

When I think about Psylocke, I think about the of the X-MEN 90's with Jim Lee Art. For F sakes she wields Katanas.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #265
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Disney ain't buying the statues, it is us the customer who buy the statues. Dude XM can just include it the swap out for another head piece.

When I think about Psylocke, I think about the of the X-MEN 90's with Jim Lee Art. For F sakes she wields Katanas.
Right, but Disney/Marvel owns Psylocke and has to approve what XM designs. I'm sure XM originally sent in a proper Psylocke design that fans want the most, but it was not approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The IS Psylocke with the crimson dawn tattoo is pretty good as well, but only 1/10.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #266
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Psylocke seems like one of those characters that is extremely reliant on the early 90s. Basically, she will always be stuck as the Jim Lee character no matter how hard Marvel tries. Everything everyone is saying just boils down to "I wish she looked like how Jim Lee depicted her in the early 90s."
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #267
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
In her first death by Vargas in Extreme Xmen, Betsy Psylocke’s body was actually buried and when she was brought by her brother, she was brought back to the Asian body still. The buried body still existed meaning she was really recreated by Jaime but maintained her Asian form because this is what Betsy wanted. Her real return to her British body first happened because of the Sisterhood that ended up Betsy burning her British body to prevent further manipulation by anyone while this is happening the Asian body was in a catatonic state... meaning Kwannon remained dead. The 3rd death is the latest one with the Madripoor incident where British Psylocke returned and Kwannon is literally ressurected. Point here is... Betsy has willed it to be in Kwannon’s body even when she could have chosen to be back in her original body.
Wait what...I am sure after Madripoor, she took her original body and became Captain Britain. Kwannon got her original body back.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #268
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Psylocke seems like one of those characters that is extremely reliant on the early 90s. Basically, she will always be stuck as the Jim Lee character no matter how hard Marvel tries. Everything everyone is saying just boils down to "I wish she looked like how Jim Lee depicted her in the early 90s."
Like I said in one of my last posts, I could easily buy the black and pink outfit. I grew up with Jim Lee's Psylocke, so that will always be my favorite, but I also really love the black and pink.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:37 AM   #269
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Point here is... Betsy has willed it to be in Kwannon’s body even when she could have chosen to be back in her original body.
Yeah I have the Sisterhood arc. Including that JSC variant cover for issue #510. So glad I got it the day it came out NM for maybe $10 or $15? Considering what it sells for now.

My point was that Kwannon was dead. Even if Betsy would have gone back to her original body at some point, what did it matter? It would’ve just been her own personal decision to go back, because there was no one to actually switch bodies with. Kwannon was dead. I just don’t see her as more of a victim than Psylocke. Also, cool character now, but again, Kwannon was a crime lord’s assassin. She killed who he said kill. Not a very good person, I don’t feel sorry for that fictional character lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:39 AM   #270
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

“I also know there are monsters in this world. I may even be one of them. But I choose to stand between the world and those who threaten it”.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote