Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-28-2021, 10:34 PM   #41
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Just FYI, for those unaware - the new Cap is played by Wyatt Russell. Kurt Russell's son.

He's been around, but first time I took notice was in 'Overlord'.
You forgot to say Goldie Hawn is his mother.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #42
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I like it set more realistic, but I’ve always like Marvel because it seems like it could all be realistic (as far as aliens, androids, and wizards) go.

And since the intent of the show was to make me hate the new Cap. That took all of half an episode. That dude is a tool. #NotMyCap
I always knew John Walker as U.S. Agent in the comics so the show definitely got it right making him unlikable.

Spoiler
I loved seeing other characters from the comics in the second episode like Battlestar, Isaiah Bradley and Eli Bradley (Patriot).
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:25 AM   #43
adee
Green Arrow

John Walker's comic history is pretty convoluted with retcons and incarnations but I think what they've done so far has been really good. I suspect he'll go bad at some point only to be redeemed in the end to become U.S. Agent. I'm enjoying the series so far. I think Mackie and Stan are really good together.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #44
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
After watching ep 2 of this, I'm on the fence. I get the idea... heroes in "the real world"... but I don't know that I'm interested enough in their money problems, bank loans, therapy, and harassment by white cops. Let's see if future episodes pull me in more.

I agree. I loved WandaVision and so far think it's far superior to this show. There are 4 episodes left and honestly I can't say it's really done anything for me yet.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #45
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
I agree. I loved WandaVision and so far think it's far superior to this show. There are 4 episodes left and honestly I can't say it's really done anything for me yet.
Oh it's only 6 episodes total? Hmmm....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #46
Frankierock
Omega Red

Ok so question...watching episode 3..Falcon mentioned Skull Island.
So could this be a set up for Savage Land? Or is this the same Skull Island like in Kong and Godzilla..as Marvel did produce Godzilla comics. Or lastly just an Easter Egg..

Thoughts?
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:30 AM   #47
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
So could this be a set up for Savage Land? Or is this the same Skull Island like in Kong and Godzilla..as Marvel did produce Godzilla comics. Or lastly just an Easter Egg..

Thoughts?
I was wondering that same thing myself. Another solid episode.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:38 AM   #48
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

Thoughts?
I think it's just a reference, but this episode has so much in it that it's kinda crazy.

Spoiler

1. Bucky showing that he's not just the muscle by breaking Zemo out of a Maximum Security Prison without lifting a finger.
2. Zemo! He's actually likeable, but we all know that probably won't last. Love that he's actually a Baron too.
3. Madripoor looks amazing, I'm sure fans are drooling over the prospect of Wolverine eventually being seen there.
4. Sharon Carter being a merc, this is actually a throw back to the comics from when Fury put her in deep cover.
5. The Flag smashers showing that while they might not be wrong, their methods aren't good.
6. Walker basically saying who cares how the job gets done shows why he's not Steve, and gives a glimpse at his future.
8. Wakanda Forever! Of course Zemo's prison break wouldn't go unnoticed and you can't kill a king and not expect the country to send someone after you.

Can't wait until next week.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #49
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Thoughts?

In my perspective, Sam was making a movie reference to Skull Island. Skull Island that exists in the Godzilla movie-verse. I don't think Godzilla exists in the MCU ...he only exists there as a movie character.

Otherwise it's going to get very complicated if Godzilla actually exists in the MCU. Like where are the heroes when Godzilla attacks Pensacola, Florida?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:53 AM   #50
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
In my perspective, Sam was making a movie reference to Skull Island. Skull Island that exists in the Godzilla movie-verse. I don't think Godzilla exists in the MCU ...he only exists there as a movie character.

Otherwise it's going to get very complicated if Godzilla actually exists in the MCU. Like where are the heroes when Godzilla attacks Pensacola, Florida?
And...was Godzilla a part of the blip or did he remain while the blip happened to some other titans...LOL...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote