Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #71
SuperWeird
Frackin!

I did some photoshop measurements for this bust. Prime 1 claims it can change by up to 10% for the final piece, but based on the promo images these are the current dimensions:

Depth:
Base: 16.5” deep
Face/snout: extends out an extra 11” deep
Total depth: 27.5”

Height:
Chin: bottom of chin starts at 19.5”h
Highest point (back fin): 30” h

Width:
Total Width: 18.25”
SuperWeird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #72
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
I’d give the movie a 9/10, and I deducted a point because there were some boring parts with humans blabbing a lot.
People like you make the online ratings worthless.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #73
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:39 PM   #74
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Ain't that the truth... I haven't even seen it yet & know it's not no 9 outta 10! (Impossible imo)

Movie's these days have to pass the Chinese Censors, Woke Twitter Mobs & Hollywood Political Hypocrites. That's why every movie I grew up with, that they've tried to resurrect... has been a pathetic failure. (Ghostbusters, Predator & Terminator to name a few) I'm sure this Godzilla flick isn't that bad actually; but I'd bet my left nut, it ain't no 9 outta 10....lol
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #75
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Ain't that the truth... I haven't even seen it yet & know it's not no 9 outta 10! (Impossible imo)

Movie's these days have to pass the Chinese Censors, Woke Twitter Mobs & Hollywood Political Hypocrites. That's why every movie I grew up with, that they've tried to resurrect... has been a pathetic failure. (Ghostbusters, Predator & Terminator to name a few) I'm sure this Godzilla flick isn't that bad actually; but I'd bet my left nut, it ain't no 9 outta 10....lol
Even when you have that many masters, it shouldn’t be impossible to create a decent film. Frankly I couldn’t really care less if a film is woke or not, as long as the story flows. The problem I’m finding is that the narrative structure is ‘sometimes’ ignored just as long as the so called woke items are put in.

Some so called woke complaints I can forgive in a movie (some I don’t even notice honestly, until someone points it out.....), but it’s the sometimes heavy handedness of it which can be problematic. And imo that goes to both bad writing and bad directing rather than strictly being too woke.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #76
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Even when you have that many masters, it shouldn’t be impossible to create a decent film. Frankly I couldn’t really care less if a film is woke or not, as long as the story flows. The problem I’m finding is that the narrative structure is ‘sometimes’ ignored just as long as the so called woke items are put in.

Some so called woke complaints I can forgive in a movie (some I don’t even notice honestly, until someone points it out.....), but it’s the sometimes heavy handedness of it which can be problematic. And imo that goes to both bad writing and bad directing rather than strictly being too woke.
They have to check off all the woke boxes to get greenlighted now a days. Make sure there's nothing that can resemble a joke, if it could possibly offend, one or two termite's on the planet...

(example) Replace that evil white straight dude role, like "James Bond" with a black chick instead as the new Bond & if anyone bitc#$*, call them a racist... (It's getting predictable fast)

That's where we're at when comes to entertainment unfortunately. I'm not trying to bash this Godzilla movie, as I said, I heard it's actually not bad and this bust is pretty killer! Just putting in my 2 cents.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #77
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Oh no, I enjoyed a movie! I guess I should give it a 1/10.
I enjoyed it and I give it a 9/10. Don’t agree with me fine, make fun of me like that and go to hell.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:09 PM   #78
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:

It is to me. So much fun to be had. I like entertainment, this move entertained me. 9/10. One of the coolest moves I’ve seen in the last few years, probably since Infinity War or John Wick 3. King of the Monsters was great as well, but this one was just sweet!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:27 PM   #79
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

I tend to give more weight to the rating of a person who has actually SEEN the movie.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:30 PM   #80
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
It is to me. So much fun to be had. I like entertainment, this move entertained me. 9/10. One of the coolest moves I’ve seen in the last few years, probably since Infinity War or John Wick 3. King of the Monsters was great as well, but this one was just sweet!
Being simply entertaining is usually not the bar that films are rated against.

Some not so fun and ‘entertaining’ films can be extremely well done films and vise versa.

Writing, direction, cinematography and many others are usually what make a film.

I also loved Infinity War. For me it was a blast to watch from beginning to end.

But whereas I enjoyed watching Godzilla vs Kong, there’s quite a bit that could’ve been done better. Imo there are a lot of popcorn/action movies which have been just as entertaining but with fewer holes or issues in it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote