Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Just unboxed and set up Flash guys.

The good:

Deep red on the paints.
Paints good and clean.
Pose is even better in hand.
Lightning bolts look great, good translucency to them.
Actually quite a compact statue.

The Bad.

Seam line on COH is pretty bad, it kind of works with the paneling of the suit but it's not great.
Paints on elbow joins and where his suit meets is a little sloppy (i'm being really picky here but this is a $700 Prime 1 statue i expect the best)

The Ugly.

The lightning bolts attach with friction, no magnets.
The large lightning bolt on his left hand side, won't sit flush, pops out constantly because there is nothing to hold the pieces on the base or to flash. No magnets, no pins.....why?

It took me the best parts of 15 mins to get the large lightning bolt in and youve really got to bend and force it and even then nothing sits flush to the body or the base and if looked at wrong it pops out.

Gonna unbox my Thor Breaker of Brimstone. Eat. Come back to Flash and see if i can get it to sit any better and then i'll grab some pics for you guys and the video review will go up tomorrow probably.

First impressions out of the box 7/10....hoping i warm up to it more.
How does he attach to the base? Magnet or rod and gravity?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #192
Dark Knight NYC
Frackin!

Thumbs up

I pulled the trigger on this one just 3 days ago. I really wanted the exclusive grinning portrait as that's how I see Barry Allen.

These wonderful pics make me feel I made the right choice. Thanks for posting, Dr. DGK!
Dark Knight NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:31 AM   #193
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Well i woke up this morning and the large pieces of lightning both sides had popped out of the sockets and upon closer inspection there's pin holes and divots that would be used for pins or magnets that aren't being used.

I'm gonna throw these up on the Prime 1 group on Facebook see if there's any answer but it genuinely feels like they ----ed up production on this.

This is how it was when i walked in my collection room this morning.

This is in Barrys thigh where a piece just plugs in and never sits flush and always pops out and on closer inspection does have a hole for a pin that isn't used.

This is the lower part of the leg where the lightning also connect below the thigh ( these are the 2 pieces that have popped out on the first pic ) again you can see a divot for a magnet that isn't used.

This is where the large lightning piece connects to the base, again a divot for a magnet that isn't used.

This is the other lightning piece that connects to Barrys back leg, it also has a pin hole that isn't used and the piece just pops out because there's not even a peg on this bit it just slots in but there's nothing there to hold it and the pull from the piece attaching to the back legs just makes it pop out.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #194
Nextlevel99
Birdman

You know the electric part is made out plastic. you need to heat up in a level that become enough soft to able to change the shape.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #195
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
You know the electric part is made out plastic. you need to heat up in a level that become enough soft to able to change the shape.
Yeah i know that.....but i don't see why i should.

Also the point is none of these pegs fit very well and have nothing to hold them in place, even if i reshape it i really don't think any of it is gonna stay in place.

Also i'm putting this out there for people who might not want to take a hairdryer or similar to a statue they've just paid over $830 shipped for...you know?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #196
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

Also the point is none of these pegs fit very well and have nothing to hold them in place, even if i reshape it i really don't think any of it is gonna stay in place.

Also i'm putting this out there for people who might not want to take a hairdryer or similar to a statue they've just paid over $830 shipped for...you know?
Just curious. Did they say anything in the instructions about using a hairdryer again? For Spidey 2099 it was just a slip of paper, and on a Venom it was actually on the assembly instructions.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:36 AM   #197
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Just curious. Did they say anything in the instructions about using a hairdryer again? For Spidey 2099 it was just a slip of paper, and on a Venom it was actually on the assembly instructions.
No nothing at all.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #198
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:

I got Venom,Spiderman 2099 ,Lady maria and transformers that require hair dryer thats super easy. I rather do this than bring box to my 3 floor and unboxing thats whole other level because how heavy and bothersome big the box.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #199
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I have a dozen Prime 1 statues (not including busts), with another dozen on preorder, and I’ve yet needed to use a hair dryer.

But most of my pieces are 1/3 scale, and this problem seems to affect quite a few 1/4 scales so far. Venom’s tendrils, 2099 webs, Maria’s lamps, GLs power affect, and now possibly Flash.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #200
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

It's where plastic is used because it warps at temperature.

I'm fine about that, it happens.....but my major problem is the connections, a pin or a magnet on a few of these pieces would make all these problems go away.