Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #531
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

video of him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=lUyiDvSh8HY
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #532
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

QC issues aside which I can live with, I'm really liking the look of this guy, especially from these angles. Love the maniacal look of him and his face sculpt looks awesome. The tendrils & muscular body look fantastic too! Much better than the XM piece and more accurate than the comiquette which always looked too jacked up to me.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #533
fsdre
Mephisto

For those that have the carnage statue is it more orangish red then just pure red. The prototype from the website looks really red. I have this on pre order and I am concerned with the color
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #534
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Color looks washed out from the photos I have seen.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #535
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

With all the concerns regarding the paint color, mine included, it is actually nice that the next batch is supposedly not shipping until late November. With TCC in the beginning of December, P1 COULD throw a Carnage out there and then the PF could be returned no harm, no foul (other than NRD).
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #536
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
With all the concerns regarding the paint color, mine included, it is actually nice that the next batch is supposedly not shipping until late November. With TCC in the beginning of December, P1 COULD throw a Carnage out there and then the PF could be returned no harm, no foul (other than NRD).
I’m not holding my breath for any Prime 1 Marvel releases anytime soon.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #537
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Oh man just got mine in and it’s exceptional. Really really well done.

A lot of people will be snapping those tendrils. Very tough to get in. Had three heartattacks.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:45 AM   #538
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

I'm a bit late to the party, but just received my Ex Carnage and thought I'd share a few observations.

1. QC issues aplenty on my statue. The hands don't completely attach to the body; paint app is uneven; statue is covered in a thick layer of dust; tendrils are partially unpainted, cracked, or are discolored (almost white) possibly due to heat or stress. I know others have mentioned QC issues, but this one seems to be particularly bad. I'd be surprised if others had this many problems, and I'm inclined to think that I just got an especially rough statue.

2. When I first took the statue out of the box, my impression was that it looked a bit dark. In natural light, it looks like sort of a brownish-red hue and it just seemed a bit... flat overall. When you photograph the statue or set it up properly in a lighted display, though, it looks fairly vibrant (though slightly red-orange and not straight red).

3. From a normal viewing distance, you can't really see the QC issues. Even with the issues, I think the sculpt looks great and he compliments Spiderman nicely IMO.

Initially, the QC soured me a bit and I thought about returning it. After putting him under lighting and next to Spiderman to get a feel for how he'd display, though, I think he's a keeper. Just need to cross my fingers that I can run an exchange for a statue without the defects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_013921.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	108995   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_013719.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	108996   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_014420.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	108997  
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 AM   #539
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
I'm a bit late to the party, but just received my Ex Carnage and thought I'd share a few observations.

1. QC issues aplenty on my statue. The hands don't completely attach to the body; paint app is uneven; statue is covered in a thick layer of dust; tendrils are partially unpainted, cracked, or are discolored (almost white) possibly due to heat or stress. I know others have mentioned QC issues, but this one seems to be particularly bad. I'd be surprised if others had this many problems, and I'm inclined to think that I just got an especially rough statue.

2. When I first took the statue out of the box, my impression was that it looked a bit dark. In natural light, it looks like sort of a brownish-red hue and it just seemed a bit... flat overall. When you photograph the statue or set it up properly in a lighted display, though, it looks fairly vibrant (though slightly red-orange and not straight red).

3. From a normal viewing distance, you can't really see the QC issues. Even with the issues, I think the sculpt looks great and he compliments Spiderman nicely IMO.

Initially, the QC soured me a bit and I thought about returning it. After putting him under lighting and next to Spiderman to get a feel for how he'd display, though, I think he's a keeper. Just need to cross my fingers that I can run an exchange for a statue without the defects.
It's unfortunate all the quality control issues that are surfacing with this statue. I love the sculpt and was really looking forward to receiving it but I finally made the decision to cancel. Too bad
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #540
BurningRage
Inhumans

I had to use some force to push the tendrils in.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote