Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
turner
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Shard - A Mortal Rising PF

Finally a new character for the Court of the Dead!

The fragile alliance between the leaders of the Court’s Factions – Flesh, Bone, and Spirit – have been rocked by sudden change. Death has discovered a traitor in the Court, a new champion has been called upon, and whispers can be heard of a mortal soul that still lives and breathes within the Underworld. Shard is coming, and what she means for the Court of the Dead, Death’s ambitions, and the fate of mankind as we know it, is yet uncertain…

Online Comic released June 29th
Statue preview coming soon....

New symbol.......new faction maybe?
turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How about releasing the other characters first?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #3
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Here's her character page. There's a brief overview of her affiliation with other factions.

http://courtofthedead.com/characters...mortal-rising/

EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That is what I said in the Court of the Dead thread. I would rather see some of the other pieces go into production first.

We are waiting on:
Shieve
Cleopsis
Xiall
Death
Mortighull

That is quite a few. It isn't like they are down to the last two and need to start planning more.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

This unveils the mystery behind the print on the wall. I wonder if any other hints regarding Shard are in the mintinbox photos.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
dechirico7
The Flash

Sounds like she is training with Kier:

“Another fallen child, used and discarded by those she trusted. Ally? Enemy? Sister? The choice will be hers.” – Kier, Valkyrie of the Dead

Maybe disguised as a "fallen child" like Kier, but mortal....trying to get close to Death to kill him?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
Atheris
The Maxx

This stuff is really cool to look at, however I don't have the slightest want to own any of it.....even if I was still buying SS products.

I mean how does the aftermarket even assign a value to these? They're characters with no backstories or relevance to each other other than having some cool outfits that fit the same theme. I don't want one more than I want another. So I just circle back around to....."They're cool"

They will all likely have a similar ES, so one piece won't be out of reach of the other on the aftermarket. Which leads me to believe these will be hard to sell off if you need to one day or recoup your money.

They're fantastic art pieces, but I'm finding it hard to put a value on something created out of thin air and sold on cool factor alone.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
They're characters with no backstories or relevance to each other other than having some cool outfits, which in my opinion are pretty much on par with each other.
They all have backstories. Some more brief than others but Sideshow is working towards that with their comics.

Quote:
They're fantastic art pieces, but I'm finding it hard to put a value on something created out of thin air and sold on cool factor alone.
You said it yourself, "They're fantastic art pieces," and that's where their value lies.

Besides, plenty of things are sold on cool factor alone, Lamborghinis for instance

I'm just playing
Old 06-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
This stuff is really cool to look at, however I don't have the slightest want to own any of it.....even if I was still buying SS products.

I mean how does the aftermarket even assign a value to these? They're characters with no backstories or relevance to each other other than having some cool outfits that fit the same theme. I don't want one more than I want another. So I just circle back around to....."They're cool"

They will all likely have a similar ES, so one piece won't be out of reach of the other on the aftermarket. Which leads me to believe these will be hard to sell off if you need to one day or recoup your money.

Chris
I'm really not sure where to start with this.

Assign a value? Are you a collector or investor? The value is what you pay for it. If the time comes where you have to sell, then your target is to make your money back! Surely? But should that be a consideration prior to purchase? I mean, that's like planning to fail. In which case, don't buy statues, put your money in the bank and be done with it.

Sold on cool factor alone? Again, collector or investor. What other measurement is needed other than cool factor?

No back stories? Come on!? Had you written that statement for GG Honey Trap I would agree....but in this case I have to give SS some credit for developing these creations beyond the sculpt.

I walk away from your post thinking two things. 1: Your mindset is strictly set to comic book mode, where characters have 50+ years of 'development' and are, in your mind, therefore more desirable as statues. 2: You have an investors outlook when it comes to purchasing these statues, which must surely rob you of 90% of the enjoyment of the hobby.

Maybe you'd be more inclined to buy a statue that had a higher potential for a financial return, despite the fact you have personally no interest in it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote