Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #21
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
It was just to my point deathstroke is not really a "main", such as a batman etc.

I'll bet that every one of these turns out awesome, I don't think anyone is doubting that, I'm just trying to explain my point of view why I said I was going to pass. We all have our personal faves, whether or not they are secondary.
I know mate,
But I do think deathstroke is the most wanted character right now, its pretty funny for a secondary character

I really wonder wich secondary character can beat deathstroke now you know?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #22
Chad Man
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
That Joe Quesada design for Azrael back in the 90's was awesome. I would buy that in a heartbeat. Not so much the video game version. That one is a pass.

Now that is what I'm talking about that would be a beautiful piece. But this one will do
Chad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #23
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Jean Paul. Azrael. Pretty sure he's dead in the comics..
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #24
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I know mate,
But I do think deathstroke is the most wanted character right now, its pretty funny for a secondary character

I really wonder wich secondary character can beat deathstroke now you know?
yeah, I think that speaks to just how special prime one did the deathstroke statue, if it comes out like the proto it will be superb on every level.

As far as competing with it, I'd go with freeze if they can nail the armor and the freeze coolant coloring in his lines, I believe that would look amazing. Bane too, for that matter with the venum. Deathstroke has the advantage over most I believe due to the armor and weapons, a business suit or normal clothing just won't have the awe inspiring detail to capture the way 'stroke does.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:00 AM   #25
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
yeah, I think that speaks to just how special prime one did the deathstroke statue, if it comes out like the proto it will be superb on every level.

As far as competing with it, I'd go with freeze if they can nail the armor and the freeze coolant coloring in his lines, I believe that would look amazing. Bane too, for that matter with the venum. Deathstroke has the advantage over most I believe due to the armor and weapons, a business suit or normal clothing just won't have the awe inspiring detail to capture the way 'stroke does.
Freeze can have some sick effects maybe light ups in some parts, however bane is to big atleast for me and DS for me a bit more baddass.

Its kinda stupid right now the only goodguy I have in my list is batgirl, the rest all bad guys or burglars
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:13 AM   #26
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Freeze can have some sick effects maybe light ups in some parts, however bane is to big atleast for me and DS for me a bit more baddass.

Its kinda stupid right now the only goodguy I have in my list is batgirl, the rest all bad guys or burglars
Lol, same here, only other two on my list are batgirl and catwoman, possibly one or the other depending on pose and when they are up for pre order.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:17 AM   #27
strife87
Spider-Ham

and to get back on subject, does anyone have anything they want to see azrael come with? I'm assuming he will have the sword, but not sure what else. Wonder what the exclusive will be as well.... any thoughts guys?
Old 12-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #28
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Sneak Peek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Azrael.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	93854  
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
Azrael9
Doh!

Quote:
It was part of my example. If I have money to pick up two, I'm going to pick up my two favorites characters, whether they are main or not, which azrael is not one of those two. It's not because he's not a main, I'm passing on plenty of those as well, and have stated as such in those threads, and I believe this to be the case with a lot of other collectors as 900 per piece isn't really the price point to just keep picking up statues.

Deathstroke isn't a main either and plenty of people seem to be jumping on that one. And I believe if azrael looks stunning, I'm sure he will sell just fine.
Fair points. Prime1 are doing these same statues in 1/5 scale I believe. I'll probably go with that line instead as $900 + shipping is going to really hurt my wallet.
Azrael9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #30
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael9 View Post
Fair points. Prime1 are doing these same statues in 1/5 scale I believe. I'll probably go with that line instead as $900 + shipping is going to really hurt my wallet.
I think kira stated the 1/5 scale is going to be more a comic based line but I could be mistaken, so it may be a while to see the game version of azrael there if at all. If that's the one you really want, may be worth looking into this one or asking kira about the possibility, just a thought.

I'm interested to see how the price comes out for their 1/5 line, I hope it's as reasonable as their 1/3 batman line.