Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #101
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
exactly...smacking up the "best" team in baseball up isnt easy guys...come on now!
Were talk'n about the NL All Star team dude. That series took everything we had.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #102
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Were talk'n about the NL All Star team dude. That series took everything we had.

i know..its crazy i cant believe we beat them....they are farrrrrrrr better than us...just look how much better their record is than ours....
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #103
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
i know..its crazy i cant believe we beat them....they are farrrrrrrr better than us...just look how much better their record is than ours....
I'm glad to see your coming around.
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #104
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

On a serious note I wonder if the Mets will trade Milledge for pitching? I would. Doesn't look like he's going to be as good as he's supposed to be. If the Mutts could pry Willis from Florida for Milledge and players to be named later they should. Milledge is going to be a good player but he won't be worth the problems he's going to bring. He wasn't even up from the minors for 2 months and he was already doing retarded stuff. He going to have Manny's attitude but not Manny's bat, I say trade em' if you could get a player like Willis.

I just hope the Yankees don't trade Cano or the whole farm to get a 35 year old pitcher.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #105
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
On a serious note I wonder if the Mets will trade Milledge for pitching? I would. Doesn't look like he's going to be as good as he's supposed to be. If the Mutts could pry Willis from Florida for Milledge and players to be named later they should. Milledge is going to be a good player but he won't be worth the problems he's going to bring. He wasn't even up from the minors for 2 months and he was already doing retarded stuff. He going to have Manny's attitude but not Manny's bat, I say trade em' if you could get a player like Willis.

I just hope the Yankees don't trade Cano or the whole farm to get a 35 year old pitcher.
Willis for Milledge sounds like a good deal for the Mets but I don't think it will happen. Here's why I think it won't happen:

1. Lastings is supposed to replace Floyd who will become a free agent. I don't see Floyd coming back especially when the Mets control Lastings salary for the next few years.
2. The Marlins asking price will be much higher than Milledge alone and Omar will not be in a rush to trade the Mets top prospects (not that there are any really left) especially after the Kazmir fiasco.

Oh and for the record....Cano and any young player on the Yanks farm system is not safe once old Gearge decides to go and overpay for a player he wants. The only ones that are safe are the contracts that he won't be able to move (i.e Giambi, A-Rod, & anyone else that makes more than the Florida Marlins).
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote