Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

All Star Game

Phil Garner is a moron. He lets two left handed batters face Rivera in the 9th with Scott Rolen batting .342 on the freaking bench. And if Trevor Hoffman is the best the National League has in the way of closers I will kiss your a$$.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
Phil Garner is a moron. He lets two left handed batters face Rivera in the 9th with Scott Rolen batting .342 on the freaking bench. And if Trevor Hoffman is the best the National League has in the way of closers I will kiss your a$$.
hoffman is def not the best - hell u think penny and rogers are the top 2 pitchers in baseball that they should be startin the game ?!!!?!??! - NO

Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
hoffman is def not the best - hell u think penny and rogers are the top 2 pitchers in baseball that they should be startin the game ?!!!?!??! - NO

They only started because everyone else pitched Sat and Sun...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
They only started because everyone else pitched Sat and Sun...
thats crap - starters in the all star game only go 2 inn max anyway - im sure anyone that pitched on sat or sunday coulda went 1 inn
Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
thats crap - starters in the all star game only go 2 inn max anyway - im sure anyone that pitched on sat or sunday coulda went 1 inn
Thats true... but I think the All star is crap... the only good thing is the homefield advantage...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Daywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
Thats true... but I think the All star is crap... the only good thing is the homefield advantage...
which is also crap - i like what they where propsing on ESPN - the team with the better reg season record gets homefield advantage - i mean ur baseing homefield advantage on a game that has no meaning ? plus on players that mostly arent even playing in the WS anyway - the reg season record should be what determines it
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed. Best record should have the home field, bottom line. Baseball's all star game sucks but I think the Pro Bowl is way worse. How about having this game after the championship game is over like the NFL does and make it in Hawaii or some other hot place with hot chicks so these players might actually want to go. I heard this same thing brought up on ESPN radio the other day and I thought it was a good idea. Obviously you still need a break in the middle of the season but allot of these players just want to rest for those 4 days.

Oh I almost forgot....

No home field for the Mets.

1 more disadvantage for the Mutts.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
No home field for the Mets.

1 more disadvantage for the Mutts.

JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
fossa

Quote:

you see Penny's stats for this season??? he deserved to start.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
ummm...last i knew, *left* handed batters normally have the advantage over a right handed pitcher. that is how they play the strategy. and did you happen to notice the 2 left handed batters who hit...Carlos Beltran & Ryan Howard?! i would have stuck with those 2.