Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #21
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Retail only means it will be available through our website only.

Moving forward in 2016 most of our products will only be available through our website.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #22
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

Moving forward in 2016 most of our products will only be available through our website.

Paul
Oh that's good. That's how we order already.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
daz1999
Mephisto

Can i ask what the reasoning is behind that Paul?

Thanks
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #24
Animachina
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
We are planning Ra, 100 pcs retail only and pre-order after Horus ships...
Oh SH!T!! - 100 only?? yikes! - wants it....
Animachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #25
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
We are planning Ra, 100 pcs retail only and pre-order after Horus ships...
Quote:

Paul
Awesome news on Ra, Paul! Buying direct is the only way I buy Chronicle pieces so that's fine by me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #26
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1999 View Post
Can i ask what the reasoning is behind that Paul?

Thanks
Higher margins....
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #27
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'm happy to see RA is moving forward after all.

But the number really makes the Horus thing sting even more. Having limited Horus to only 50...

These numbers probably should have been flipped the other way around.
I imagine they could have easily sold 50 more of Horus, with how many people missed out. How fast it sold.

I was always planning on skipping RA due to how massive the headpiece is, and I'm sure there were plenty of other collectors in the same boat.

Not that it matters what I think...
But I think RA should have been the smaller edition size of the three.

The RA headpiece looks to be much larger/wider, more difficult for people to display.
For that reason I'm not sure RA will move as fast.

Damn shame these numbers weren't reversed.

...don't mean to come off as complaining.
Believe me, as a proud owner of an Anubus.. I'm forever grateful for Chronicle making these pieces a possibility.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:13 AM   #28
thedarkknight77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I'm happy to see RA is moving forward after all.

But the number really makes the Horus thing sting even more. Having limited Horus to only 50...

These numbers probably should have been flipped the other way around.
I imagine they could have easily sold 50 more of Horus, with how many people missed out. How fast it sold.

I was always planning on skipping RA due to how massive the headpiece is, and I'm sure there were plenty of other collectors in the same boat.

Not that it matters what I think...
But I think RA should have been the smaller edition size of the three.

The RA headpiece looks to be much larger/wider, more difficult for people to display.
For that reason I'm not sure RA will move as fast.

Damn shame these numbers weren't reversed.

...don't mean to come off as complaining.
Believe me, as a proud owner of an Anubus.. I'm forever grateful for Chronicle making these pieces a possibility.
Jesus Snake, let it go. There are a million ways to rationalize this. The truth is these pieces are huge and most collectors don't have the space for one never mind two or three. I live in a large loft and I bought both Anibus and Horus without having a clue where to put them......I will do the same with RA. For now they will reside in storage until I figure it out, which may take years. I pulled the trigger on this line because I have waited a long time for these to be made and given the limited quantities, I am assuming I won't lose money. If you truly want a Horus, you will be able to get one down the road.......Sure you will probably have to pay more, but so what?? Welcome to the world of limited editions. There isn't a company yet that has forecasted any statue release correctly to make all of the "little snakes" happy.....That is why they end up reissuing items, which pisses off collectors. I apologize if I am being hard on you as I know you mean well, but Paul is trying to run a business, which can be a scary, difficult thing to do. He doesn't need us adding pressure and grief, he needs us giving him support. We already went down this path of the Horus numbers.....it's an old issues. Let's focus on helping Chronicle be successful as the statue market is getting super saturated. Given Ra will sell direct, we need to spread the word to aid in it it selling out and ensure a great guy like Paul and a great company like Chronicle continue to thrive. Cannot wait to see the artist proof pictures!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #29
thedarkknight77

Paul- If I could offer up a suggestion on Ra......When you guys complete the artist proof you should consider putting together a promo video or offering up a contest for our members to make one. I say this because I feel like some of our very own collectors did a great job marketing Anubis after they received theirs, which would have aided sales. Pictures are nice, but it was the video of seeing it set up in a collectors room that made me super excited. Grass roots marketing, it can be very powerful, especially on a piece so limited, being sold direct.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #30
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:

Paul
That's sad to hear as you'll be driving away a lot of international customers I for one will definitely not be purchasing from you going forward if the items are direct order only as the combined shipping and import costs drive the prices up too high. And it's not just about being able to afford it, it's more the fact I don't want to pay through the nose for something when a third of its cost is purely in shipping and import fees. looks like ecc and prime 1 will be my go to companies for 2016.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote