Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Okay, I have emailed FedEX with regard to changing the HC code related to my Sonja shipment. Let's see what happens.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #12
Y3E
Gen 13

For me, it is cheaper to buy from SS directly. My LCS really pumps up the price. When King Hulk came out, they were asking $900 cdn for it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #13
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I find most of the time it's a little cheaper to buy from SS directly as well.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #14
manboy
Sinister Six

Coming in late to this...What's the issue exactly? 6.5% tax?
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
Fremen
Birds of Prey

This.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158975
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
For me, it is cheaper to buy from SS directly. My LCS really pumps up the price. When King Hulk came out, they were asking $900 cdn for it.
I paid $850 for Gladiator Hulk. But then again I paid $425 for Skaar. BUT two different stores. And different times. No matter what store I go to now prices have obviously gone up.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #17
pokritz17
Hydra

my local comic book shop charges pretty much exactly what the statue is worth after conversion + taxes...so they are pretty fair
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ok let's keep this civil because the othe thread got closed by 1 person here.

I spoke with a Sideshow Rep today and apparently they have fought CBSA to not use the harmonized code that charges the additional 6.5% tariff tax. It is unfortunate out of there hand. They asked me to contact my fedex broker.

I wrote 2 emails to CBSA stipulating that they can not impose this tariff tax because (1) no competitors making these type of collectibles (2) these statues uses mixed material such as cloth, metal, pvc, batteries, movable and switchable parts and it needs to be assembled like a Leco, therefore it's not a true statuette class. I also emphasis these are adult toys and if they impose the new harmonized code, then they have to do it with toys such as Barbie & action figures such as Transformers. However the email I got back is they will not reply back up to 10 days from now.

Now since I have a Fedex account and I encourage every Canadian consumers to set up a free account. The VAT Rod $10 handling fee are waived always so it's an incentive to have an account with them. I'd spoke with a FedEx agent(s) and this is what you need to do once they give you a direct FedEx broker email so they can follow up with your concern and deal with CBSA.

1) provide our account number & phone number.
2) write the harmonized code 3926.40.000
3) specific issue why they shouldn't use that code as I listed above.
4) use the suggested code 9503.00.000 or 9825.30.000 etc.

Now what they will do for you (which is better then nothing), once ssc gives you the tracking number, contact your FedEx broker and ask them what is the harmonized code. If it's 3926.40.000 then immediately file a complaint that they should not use it. They will immediately investigate and put the right HC code. The reason why you need to do this is because you don't see the invoice until they charge your credit card. This wouldn't be for 3 weeks or so.

Now I'm waiting back to hear from CBSA but they need to remove the impose HC that they have on sideshow.
Thank you for doing this. I think as collectors we all need to work together for the common goal for saving us all money in this incredibly expensive hobby where seemingly no one will give us a break. That's why we need to work together and keep the politics out of this. It doesn't matter how or why this happened, just that it did. Let's all work together to find a solution to keep our love for this hobby alive.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #19
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I paid $850 for Gladiator Hulk. But then again I paid $425 for Skaar. BUT two different stores. And different times. No matter what store I go to now prices have obviously gone up.
Yeah, tell me about it.

The PF SS sells for $400, my LCS sells for $700+ (not incl tax). By my calc, using a 71 cents exchange rate, that is only $563 cdn. Plus shipping $70 cdn ($50 US), it is still cheaper to buy from SS. Of course, now we can get unlucky and pay an additional 6% duty on the $563 cdn, but still cheaper than the LCS.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #20
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Hey all, my Red Sonja statue is shipping soon. Really bummed about the HC 3926.40 duties and customs charge. Was looking up to find more info and I came across this. Take a look. Any thoughts?

http://search-recherche.gc.ca/rGs/s_...-submit=Search
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote