Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which one applies to you?
LIE...I lie to the spouse about the true cost of my statue purchases. 48 26.82%
TRUTH...my spouse knows how expensive my statue collecting is. 102 56.98%
DIVORCED...I chose statues over my ex-spouse! 3 1.68%
SINGLE...Will never get hitched. It's not their business what I spend my money on! 26 14.53%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #111
apetrucc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

What happens in the statue room stays in the statue room !!!
apetrucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #112
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I've told her just recently, and well, she isn't lying when she said I have to many expensive hobbies, Magic was getting up there, then building my own PC's started to come in to play. After that VR came out....so yea. I've already been allowed only two statues for next year. But she's fine as long as she's in the know.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #113
BurningRage
Inhumans

Basically like the last scene in the Godfather. "Don't ask me about my business."
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #114
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
I've told her just recently, and well, she isn't lying when she said I have to many expensive hobbies
lol!

"Babe I just need to tell you that I placed another preorder for a statue."
"How many preorders is that now, and how much does this one cost in the end?"
"It's gonna cost $$$$, but don't worry baby, once it's released and sold out, the price will go up. Everything will be cool."
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #115
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
What a great thread. Has it all! Comedy, fear, distrust, an underlying over compensation of "I won't have no ___ be the boss of me!" It's fun!

My situation I have previously mentioned. My wife got me my first statue and started me on this hobby. However since then they've gotten much more pricey. But ever since the beginning I tell her every cent I spend and vice versa. We each buy our own things, she loves the statues too, but I think open communication is pretty key, especially when dealing with finances. We have a shared household income, we don't split bills or anything, so if she were to go out and spend $500 without telling me, that would upset me so I pay the same respect. In fact, when it comes to statues she gets the final say on whether or not it's going to be purchased. I am totally fine with this. The only time it's ever a touchy subject is when I try to explain that my $1000 statue in a year costs less than her $300 purchase 6x a year. I think some sort of logic loop happens in the female brain at that point
Not over compensation its called being a man. And neither should a woman be told what not or how much to buy with her own money.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #116
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
And neither should a woman be told what not or how much to buy with her own money.
Yeah, it's weird. I know quite a few people/friends that, once they got married, suddenly required permission to do anything. Want to hang out this weekend? "Let me ask my wife." Some new item came out you want to purchase? "I'd like that, but she won't let me." That doesn't sound like marital bliss to me, but a life long hell.

How does that happen? My other half complements my life, she doesn't control it. Hell, if that was how she responded to her friends about things, "I need to check with my husband, he won't let me buy what I want" then I'd be seen as a sexist controlling pig.

We're two people who enjoy being in each other's company, and living together - and plan to do so for the rest of our lives. We're not the same person, and we sure as hell aren't each other's keeper.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #117
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Yeah, it's weird. I know quite a few people/friends that, once they got married, suddenly required permission to do anything. Want to hang out this weekend? "Let me ask my wife." Some new item came out you want to purchase? "I'd like that, but she won't let me." That doesn't sound like marital bliss to me, but a life long hell.

How does that happen? My other half complements my life, she doesn't control it. Hell, if that was how she responded to her friends about things, "I need to check with my husband, he won't let me buy what I want" then I'd be seen as a sexist controlling pig.

We're two people who enjoy being in each other's company, and living together - and plan to do so for the rest of our lives. We're not the same person, and we sure as hell aren't each other's keeper.
Exactly, 1000% agree with everything you said.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #118
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post

Preach it! I am currently single and answer to no one but I have been in relationships with women that were exactly as you you described. Needless to say, the relationship didn't last very long once they started that crap. I only use discretionary income in my statue purchases and it was the same in my relationships but these women felt the need to dictate what I should be buying with my money. I want an equal partner in a relationship where we compliment each other and treat each other as adults. Not one that wants to take on the parent role in a relationship. Sounds like you got yourself a wonderful lady in your life.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #119
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Calm down you thirsty nerds!
Lmao, whaaaatttt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I thought u and Northern are an item
Nope, just friends.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #120
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I tend to hide some when they arrive in the mail I throw them in the garage and when I bring them into the house I pretend I've had that collectible for many years lol
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote