Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #151
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Well, kids, I tried to give people a glimpse! Hopefully people got to see it thru the link....if not, simply google search, it's still out there under images.

Is it also really amusing to me that the Planet Hulk HIVE is sketch under SpecFiction's PO page.....ya know, the same page where Magneto (white version) used to be. XM missed telling SpecFiction to take that one down.

You may want to let XM know that too, Grumpy. Only give me the cred for pointing BOTH of those links out.....the "thanks" can be a Storm statue
Grumpy is on it, he's XM's lead "forum marketing guru" LOL!!!
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #152
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Well, they are a paying sponsor, so I'm guessing the site doesn't want to piss them off...it'd be the same situation if Sideshow, PCS, koto etc asked for something to be taken down.

As far as why they showed the image at all? Who knows...XM showed their Star Wars stuff behind curtains at conventions (no cameras allowed)...they pride themselves on taking collector input, so I'm guessing that's why they do it. The lucky ones that get shown and asked for input need to respect their wishes for privacy, or it'll stop altogether (which is a bad thing, imo).
It's already stopped...unfortunately. But it's not an entirely bad thing. I remember the arguments in the first year of XM concerning Magneto and how there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Well...a select few have gottent their wish....

But, never fear, I have full confidence that the ADs at XM will continue cranking out hit after hit!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #153
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I'm confused so this is not for po yet right?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #154
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Well, they are a paying sponsor, so I'm guessing the site doesn't want to piss them off...it'd be the same situation if Sideshow, PCS, koto etc asked for something to be taken down.

As far as why they showed the image at all? Who knows...XM showed their Star Wars stuff behind curtains at conventions (no cameras allowed)...they pride themselves on taking collector input, so I'm guessing that's why they do it. The lucky ones that get shown and asked for input need to respect their wishes for privacy, or it'll stop altogether (which is a bad thing, imo).
Just saying they are not the ONLY sponsor. The site existed before XM. But, that said, the main thing this site enjoys is the producers coming on. I am not saying piss off XM or any producer, sponsor or not.

Just odd that a piece they are soliciting and taking PO's for at the Warehouse party can't be shown. Pretty understandable why people would not know that is the case.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #155
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I'm confused so this is not for po yet right?
Not officially, that was on Early PO at the XM dinner/party.

Please XM take your time...how is it possible to make choices when you want every piece ???
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #156
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Not officially, that was on Early PO at the XM dinner/party.

Please XM take your time...how is it possible to make choices when you want every piece ???
Oh ok thanks! Whew I thought it was already sold out.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #157
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Just saying they are not the ONLY sponsor. The site existed before XM. But, that said, the main thing this site enjoys is the producers coming on. I am not saying piss off XM or any producer, sponsor or not.
I know...that's why I mentioned others in the post you quoted...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #158
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Why are people being so pissy about respecting XM's wish to have the image removed? They sponsor this site, people...if they want it taken down, the mods better take the image down instead of quoting links that have the image...just my 2 cents.
I'm the one who posted the link, but I posted it bc I found it funny how people on SF were policing fellow posters when I, literally, googled and it was blatantly posted on SpecFiction's website for PO.

I respect and understand XM's position on wanting to keep designs under wraps. I also understand them wanting to be customer friendly and welcoming by giving sneak peaks. And I understand their super secret group that give constructive criticism.

I'm cool with all of that, really. I just posted the link bc if XM (and their fanbase) are serious about stopping the leaks, they should take the time to check google and their retailers instead of jumping on forum members.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #159
Black_Sunrise
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The leaked image of White Magneto is still on Google and I saw a seller already posted up a sales post with that pic...
Black_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #160
grphyx1
Kingpin

OMG Chillax, It's not like somebody leaked Time's Person of the Year!!
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote