Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 04:54 AM   #2481
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Namor has a bare chest which makes it impossible to do a switchout head without a very ugly seam. There's absolutely non where to hide it. I have him on order too, and I love switchout heads in general. But in this case there's simply no way to do it.
I have a few bare chested statues with switch out heads, and the seam is really a non-issue if done correctly - i.e. join around mandible and hairline.

Given his pose, I would be very disappointed to see Namor shipped with only the current expressionless head sculpt.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 AM   #2482
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Hi when will xmen alliance dio to ship?
Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #2483
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Thanks Bryan, gotta be able to get my hands on Batgirl! Any update on that btw?
Indeed! I already have the approved 3D sculpts will be posting it up in the next couple of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Bryan,

Loving the Spider-man line so far... Lizard is my favorite statue of the moment. Any plans to make Shocker or Morbius? Really exited for a Shocker statue to complete my villain line-up! And maybe you can follow-up Morbius with a Blade statue (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink).
Yes Lizard's sleeper hit status caught us by surprise as well. We've had a huge list of upcoming characters to run through... but sadly no Shocker or Morbius (but someone similar to Morbius). I think Shocker may have too little fan base for us to commercially pull it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepurist View Post
Hey there Bryan!

Was there any specific reason why Cable's scarf was dropped? Furthermore, is his head glued to his body to prevent custom heads for him? I'm really happy with the results, just out of curiosity.

Just wondering if they made Magik's base like they did with The Darkness with some demons around her. That would look insane!
During the approval process, we were advised to remove the scarf as Cable's standard costume doesn't always have that scarf... and maybe the scarf is more of Bishop's thing? As for Magik yeah we are having fun with creating her base, all will be revealed in due time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
Dear Bryan,

How many statues will be made for the Dragon Tiger Gate ?

Less than 10 ?

So far i know there are 2 on PO, 1 is still WIP.

Will there be more oriental license in the near future ?
Our plans is to roll out at least the 3 heroes to compliment the 2 villains. As for more oriental license, we are exploring but the licensing and collectibles industry for Oriental IPs aren't as developed as Japanese or Western IPs so they are taking more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Cool thanks! it's a secret so sorry question is only for xm's eyes only.
Ohhh... CBG PMed me and wanted to share with me his sexy photos... I'll keep them for private appreciation!

JUST KIDDING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Hi Bryan,
I was thinking that we would see some pics of the new Doc Oc after the Grand Opening event since XM had him there revealed and open for POs to the public by now.

Since this is not the case, is there a way for the people who already POed Doc Oc couple years ago to see the progress on him?

I just hope the design would be still open for customers suggestions to improve upon him since I heard few things about it that I'm not a fan of to be honest.
Once we get clearance for sharing the latest Ock, we will be sure to reveal it and that's the best time to chip in with your inputs. We are also aware this particular piece took us very long to finish so for customers who POed and are not happy with the final version, we will honor all refunds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
Hey Bryan, are you able to say if there will be more Avengers in the 1/4 bust line? And if so, what could be coming?
Can't reveal the cards yet but I will drop a hint of a massive massive bust coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Hi when will xmen alliance dio to ship?
It's slated for mid next year.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #2484
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
Look how amazing this Namor piece is.

I understand that this piece probably ships near end of year but please give him more menacing expression .

1. Rework mouth on face more angry looking
2. Make paint app pop more on trident . IMO it shouldn't match bracelets or belt. Gold only comes one way. Shiny !!! It's most shiny
Metal and Namor always had the shiniest gold
3. Water effects using clear resin either droplets or wet looks spread throughout

IMO that puts this piece on totally new level
Those are some great inputs... though not sure if it's a little late but I'll be passing on these to the team to review for sure!
Old 05-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #2485
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
and maybe the scarf is more of Bishop's thing?
So can we assume you left the scarf to be used on an upcoming Bishop?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #2486
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Indeed! I already have the approved 3D sculpts will be posting it up in the next couple of days.
Cool thanks! Posting on FB?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #2487
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That's all I can ask . Thank you
Old 05-28-2017, 07:18 AM   #2488
archery

Any chance we can get a third open mouthed masked portrait added to Electro before it ships?

This is the only thing missing from what is otherwise a perfect statue.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:49 AM   #2489
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
Any chance we can get a third open mouthed masked portrait added to Electro before it ships?

This is the only thing missing from what is otherwise a perfect statue.

I'm pretty sure I heard it's shipping soon, which means it's finished production. Too late to add anything now.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #2490
archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I'm pretty sure I heard it's shipping soon, which means it's finished production. Too late to add anything now.
I raised it a few months ago in the Electro thread. Guess no one from XM saw it. Wanted to avoid the custom portrait route. These things are expensive enough as it is.....
Closed Thread