Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #61
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Yes, I have, so of course I know why he left Albuquerque at the end of BB. I am talking about why he specifically chose Omaha...
It was chosen for him when he needed to leave Albuquerque at the end of BB. No real rhyme or reason, that's where he just ended up, just like Walt ended up in New Hampshire until he came back.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #62
MrYac
Hercules

not exactly true that it was totally random so much as it was a callback to a throwaway line from Saul fairly early on that if he ever got caught he'd be lucky to run a Cinnabon.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #63
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not exactly true that it was totally random so much as it was a callback to a throwaway line from Saul fairly early on that if he ever got caught he'd be lucky to run a Cinnabon.
I guess we all remember it differently. I just remember Saul had the guy that could "disappear" you, but I remember that you did not have any real say over what he fixed you up with. I'm mainly talking name and location, Cinnabon was all Saul I would assume.

I'll have to dig out the Bluray, otherwise it will drive me nuts.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:00 AM   #64
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It didn't feel like a season finale. You'd swear there was another episode ready to go next week. But so much of the show is tone and character you have to forgive the slower purposeful pace.

Really tempting to go into spoilers but it totally makes sense why Gustavo would be watching Hector given their history, and that brings Mike into Gus's circle. That was probably the holey smokes moment for me. Love the interaction with Jimmy and his bro. Apart from upping the pace a smidgen I'm looking forward to season 3.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #65
johnclone
The Enchantress

I read a fascinating interview with Vince Gilligan in which he basically says HE is not even sure yet who left the note, or what's going to happen next season.

From what I can tell, the writers of this show are just starting to put together the first episode of season 3 and they all sit down together and just kind of bounce ideas off of each other, see what works. The good part of this is that it sounds like they have a lot of freedom to do what they want with the show, and AMC doesn't seem to be pressuring them to do certain things.

He's not even sure at this point if Gus will be in season 3. Now, I realize he could be setting up a surprise for the audience.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #66
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I guess we all remember it differently. I just remember Saul had the guy that could "disappear" you, but I remember that you did not have any real say over what he fixed you up with. I'm mainly talking name and location, Cinnabon was all Saul I would assume.

I'll have to dig out the Bluray, otherwise it will drive me nuts.
yeah, that's how the guy worked. but just saying the cinnabon thing was a throwback to this little joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVAC1UFVCM
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #67
johnclone
The Enchantress

I like this season, but damn. SPEED THINGS UP!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #68
Marvelito

This week's episode for me was the first episode this season that dragged a bit, everything else is flowing just fine for me. I actually can't believe there's only three episodes left this season.

At the rate things are speeding up, I'm wondering how much longer the show will go? One more season, two? I don't think they plan on taking the show right up to where Saul comes into BB, do they?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #69
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
This week's episode for me was the first episode this season that dragged a bit, everything else is flowing just fine for me. I actually can't believe there's only three episodes left this season.

At the rate things are speeding up, I'm wondering how much longer the show will go? One more season, two? I don't think they plan on taking the show right up to where Saul comes into BB, do they?
I think they are purposely showing scenes of post BB Saul at Cinebon so that if the show is still really popular when he hits BB that they can just pick up on the other side with some kind of pardon or plausible way for him to start up as Saul the lawyer again.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #70
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think they are purposely showing scenes of post BB Saul at Cinebon so that if the show is still really popular when he hits BB that they can just pick up on the other side with some kind of pardon or plausible way for him to start up as Saul the lawyer again.
That's an interesting idea. I know the future scenes will have to have a payoff, but is it possible that this could go from prequel series to sequel series?? That would be pretty cool, and does not necessarily mean terrible ends for any characters we didn't see during BB.