Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #21
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

I think that's really disappointing. I wanted to get all 3 masks.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:52 PM   #22
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We will not be moving forward with the line, if we do we will offer very limited edition versions of Horus made in the USA.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #23
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I agree that 2K is a lot, but then I see other companies selling less for a lot more, considerably more.

We may take a pass, even with our current sales Stargate just doesn't seem to be that popular or it could be the size and shipping.

Was informed tonight that ten people have cancelled their orders due to higher shipping and a few wanting to but JP products instead.

Sorry guys I think this one will be one and done.

And if you are waiting on your product, we got them in on Friday, we've had to sort all three boxes and get the matching numbers together. We've had to ship to MGM first and now we have been shipping every day. Due to the size Fed Ex has limited how many they will pick up each day.

We try to ship quickly, but not fast enough evidently...

Paul
Well then, I better reconsider a Anubis purchase. I rather have had Horus, but that's them breaks. It doesn't sound like you are optimistic for the future of your Stargate line, but I really do believe you would do a lot more business for Stargate products if they were priced in the TG range of products, especially after Anubis for all intent and purposes has sold well. It really has at $1300, if you really think about it. Stargate fanbase is not nearly as large as the Terminator fan base and you still managed to sell 150+ busts of a 1300 dollar anubis. I consider that a success for CC, a still up and coming business that doesn't have nearly the amount of potential customers as others...

I have no choice but to leave it all up to you. I hope you will agree, but it's your money on the line. I definitely understand if you remain one and done...

Anyway, let me take care of my ED209 business and I guess you will have another Anubis sale. It was difficult to pass on earlier, but I think it's something I can't let get away from me. ED is alittle more important to me than anubis so I gotta take care of him first. Just...give us a warning when Anubis supply is on life support? I would be willing to throw anubis on credit if I gotta to avoid missing out...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #24
Enforcer

Oh hey quick question, Paul. I was just looking at Anubis payment plans. If I were to choose the "$130 Reserve Deposit & Single Full Payment" option, is that me putting in my deposit and then having up to a year to pay it off in full?(from looking at the paypal page) I just may do that to lock it in until I am ready to pay in full, if that is indeed the case...
Old 10-28-2015, 12:33 AM   #25
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I totally understand the reasons for this plan, and I'm totally on board for Horus. Even at the higher price tag.

This is art guys... Not the slapped together, rough finished, rushed pieces like some other companies put out there. I understand this might be beyond some collectors price range, but if you want high quality art... Be ready to pay for it.

Hell, look at some of the busts cinemaquette puts out... The Rosenberg bust is $2,600.

I'm not wealthy or anything, but $2,000 for a piece like this... This size and level of detail..

That price is NOT as insane as some people are making it sound.

I seinceraly hope Chronicle goes forward with this plan, put me down for one of the 50 for sure.

I cannot wait to get my Anubis, and I really hope I can get Horus in my collection as well.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:38 AM   #26
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
We will not be moving forward with the line, if we do we will offer very limited edition versions of Horus made in the USA.
Out of curiosity, do you think a small run of staff weapon replicas are completely off the table?

Have you considered the cost, perhaps it could be an in house piece like how you were considering with Horus?
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #27
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Yes... Understandable.
Big Statues, Big Boxes, Big Money... equates to seriously Big Decisions.
Thanks so much for offering and completing Anubis .... you did an awesome job.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:09 AM   #28
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I totally understand the reasons for this plan, and I'm totally on board for Horus. Even at the higher price tag.

This is art guys... Not the slapped together, rough finished, rushed pieces like some other companies put out there. I understand this might be beyond some collectors price range, but if you want high quality art... Be ready to pay for it.

Hell, look at some of the busts cinemaquette puts out... The Rosenberg bust is $2,600.

I'm not wealthy or anything, but $2,000 for a piece like this... This size and level of detail..

I seinceraly hope Chronicle goes forward with this plan, put me down for one of the 50 for sure.

I cannot wait to get my Anubis, and I really hope I can get Horus in my collection as well.
It's difficult to say yes to 2k when you buy it's brother for 1300. Then again, I never pay any attention to production runs so maybe most people will attribute the extra costs to a smaller run. I just think most are more likely to just see the price tag and nothing else and balk at it.

That aside, I think Paul shouldn't act so quickly based on the feedback of a handful of potential buyers. I think he should send an email out to everyone that is buying Anubis and gauge the interest of repeat buyers for Horus, just to be fair about it, and give buyers a chance. But that's my opinion. Everyone has one. I just would rather not be one of five or so reasons why 50 people never got their 1:1 bust of Horus
Old 10-28-2015, 03:10 AM   #29
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
And we haven't even seen any pictures of Horus.....

And no one has posted any pictures of their Anubis yet......

If Anubis to really good and people see that, then the remaining stock should sell out guick....
Exactly, when people see in-hand pics of Anubis, interest for the ones remaining in stock, as well as for Horus is bound to go up.

I for one will definitely get Horus if I can order it locally at the same price as Anubis. But at $2000 and as a website exclusive, that comes down to at least $3000 here in the EU for what was at first $1300.

I ordered Anubis with the prospect of getting Horus as a companion piece as well. And while I understand production is dependant on sales, waiting until Anubis is on its way to the buyers to announce you're not making Horus anymore, or if you do make him it will be at almost double the cost (or triple here in the EU if you make it a website exclusive) for what is essentially an existing piece that just needs another head, feels just like plain cheating

Sorry to rant about it, but this news really pisses me off...
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #30
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post

I think $2k for a run of 50 is reasonable however most will look past the edition size and just compare the price to the more or less identical Anubis. The majority of people will want one or the other not both. Also you can't really compare the Rosenberg bust to this, materials and detail wise its in a different league these masks have a relatively simple finish its just that they're big.
Its a difficult decision for Paul though as on one hand you want (need) to keep the collectors happy but on the other you need to weigh up the financial risk of making 50 of these and only being able to sell a few.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote