Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #381
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
What would be smart about that?
All these companies hit while the iron is hot, except SS. I have no incentive to order a SS piece with a TBD ES. I can wait 6 months and order if I still want it I will order. That philosophy worked when there was no competition. Now I am likely to see 3 or 4 pieces I want during that 6 months. This one will get driven farther and farther down the list. There have been about 5 pieces that I really liked when put up for preorder. I had the luxury of waiting and now I have no interest. If they would have put an ES at the start I would have purchased. Letting consumers wait to make a decision is never a good business practice. Always be closing, don't tell me you will call in 6 months.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #382
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
All these companies hit while the iron is hot, except SS. I have no incentive to order a SS piece with a TBD ES. I can wait 6 months and order if I still want it I will order. That philosophy worked when there was no competition. Now I am likely to see 3 or 4 pieces I want during that 6 months. This one will get driven farther and farther down the list. There have been about 5 pieces that I really liked when put up for preorder. I had the luxury of waiting and now I have no interest. If they would have put an ES at the start I would have purchased. Letting consumers wait to make a decision is never a good business practice. Always be closing, don't tell me you will call in 6 months.
I have to agree. To sit on a license, even within its boundaries, is boggling. Why do they drag it out, are they afraid there'll be nothing to produce later on? C'mon, there'll always be an iteration to derive from.
#Flash #DKR #MartianManhunter...
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #383
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm looking at the print (which I really like) then I'm looking at this... I just can't get over the face...what a shame.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:08 PM   #384
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm looking at the print (which I really like) then I'm looking at this... I just can't get over the face...what a shame.
You and me both. I really like the print too.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #385
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxs View Post
You and me both. I really like the print too.
It's like supergirl all over again.. I bought that print but passed on SG. Really don't want to do it again.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #386
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Supergirl is a butterface from every angle. IMO, that's not the case with Zee. She looks good in the video. SS just used a still with a bad angle
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #387
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
I think they'll be fine without your order. Seems like SS would rather sell 750 over 6 month period than 500 in 6 minutes.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #388
VS1976

Well ssc just posted this and I'm not liking it one bit. It's worst then I thought.. I'm passing on this. How can they screw up on this? I question there art direction on this.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #389
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Well ssc just posted this and I'm not liking it one bit. It's worst then I thought.. I'm passing on this. How can they screw up on this? I question there art direction on this.

Really? cause I think she looks good in that pic
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #390
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
It's like supergirl all over again.. I bought that print but passed on SG. Really don't want to do it again.
It's a bummer indeed, this was one of my most anticipated pieces along with Starfire.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote