Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-08-2023, 06:37 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Power Rangers Comics (Boom! Studios)

I was late to the party with the Boom! Studios's Power Rangers OHC books. I could only find ''Beyond The Grid'' and ''Necessary Evil, Part One'' OHCs on sale and got them. The rest was out of stock for a long time, but finally Boom! Studios started to reprint Power Rangers OHCs, ''Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Year One'' will be reprinted in November, 2023. (:

And Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Necessary Evil Part Two is out. I also got it with ''Go Go Power Rangers Deluxe Edition Book One''. Go Go Power Rangers is the new second series, the sales must be very good since Boom! Studios made a second Power Rangers Comic Book Series. Well, a second Power Rangers Comic Book series is not good for my wallet though... (:

Power Rangers as comics is so much better than the live action tv show, if you ask me. First of all the comics is not just aimed for children, the stories are so much better and instead of people in silly tokusatsu monster costumes, there are tokusatsu monsters drawn on paper and this is a huge improvement. You can take Power Rangers more seriously, especially if you look at it from the angle of new comer adult readers. lol I really enjoyed the comics as far as i read.

I also like live action silly looking Tokusatsu monsters anyway... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I finished the 4th vol. in Boom! Studios Power Ranger comics Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Beyond The Grid, Deluxe Edition and it was kind of ok... My expectations were not very high anyway. We are all slaves of Nostalgia... (:

Eproxmetly 8 different kind of Power Rangers from the different parts of Multiverse were sent against their wills by Lord Drakkon into a universe which was separated from the Grid and because of that, that Universe was slowly dying. These exiled Rangers learned to work togeter as a team and became friends as the story progressed and as a team, they reconnected that universe to the Grid by using Solarix Crystal and saved that universe. That way, They were able to go back to their own universes as well. They also fought against a big bad named The Preator on the process who was trying to stop that universe from reconnecting back to the Grid and destory that universe becasue he was angry and dissapointed that people couldn't appreaciate the magnitude of his sacrafice and stuff and turned all evil... lol

The problem with The Story was the End, Rangers got their morphin power back and gathered their zords thanks to Solarix Crystal and just killed The Preator with one shot from their mega zord... I mean the previous Rangers of that universe who were killed by The Preator couldn't gather their zords and kill The Preator with just one shot from their mega zord ????? and just win the day ???? because... uhm... lol There was no explenation why they just were not able to do that.... lol

All the emotional connection between the teen age rangers with their tears of joy was nice... Yeah yeah, i should have learned from those kind of scenes and panels that friendship is beautiful and important long time ago and i should have given more value to some of my friends... i regret that, greatly... I wish i could have taken back somethings that happened in the past...
Old 04-16-2023, 09:29 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I just finished Go Go Power Rangers Book One, Deluxe Edition Oh man... alot really happened in these 16 issues of the main story in the Deluxe.

The first chapter was the begining, The famous Arrival Day where Power Rangers fought against Goldar, a loyal servant of Rita Repulsa. ( it was a great joy to go back to timed where Rita Repulsa is the main villain) Power Rangers defeated Goldar and he ran away back to Rita. The Begining of everything, the first encounter with Rita Repulsa's tokusatsu monters. It was named the Arrival Day, from here on the Arrival Day was the Zero Hour, the story that was told came and went between before the Arrival Day (Angel Grove City before Power Rangers, The Zero Hour.) after the Arrival Day (Angel Grove City after Power Rangers, the Zero Hour.)

It was really alot of fun to go back to the begining of Power Rangers with a better plot and story telling for a more mature audiance. Our Teen Age heroes juggled between their personal lives, school life and Super Hero life. Tryed to find a balance. Alot of character drama came with the personal lives of Power Rangers and that mixed with alot of Super Hero, Mecha Action and all these made a really good reading. I really had good time. Oh man... Did i miss Rita Repulsa. (: What a fine villain.

The main story end with the disclosure of creation of the Green Ranger. Rita achieved the Necessary Power Coin to create the Green Ranger. There was some time travel in the main story by the way, Ranger Slayer Kimberly and Lord Drakkon were already involved in the Power Rangers main story from the begining. It looks like Tommy as The Lord Drakkon made a very compelling villain.

First 12 issues were drawn by Dan Mora. He really has an amazing art. ( i can't wait to see his art on the Newly announced DC series such as Captain Marvel (Shazam) and Superman & Batman World's Finest books) the rest of 4 issues' artists did a fine job as well. There were two Bonus issues but they didn't have anything to do with main story. They were just bonus material, fill in stuff, but first one of the fill in stories had some heart, showed how Power Rangers helped people and animals around them in their spring break week as socialy concious human beings. It was great to come back to the Original Power Rangers as an adult. It felt really good to read about Jason, Zack, Billy, Kimberly, Trini and Tommy... And Alpha and Zordon. The Original Crew. (: I give Go Go Power Rangers Book One Deluxe Edition, 10/10.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:05 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I was late to the party with the Boom! Studios's Power Rangers OHC books. I could only find ''Beyond The Grid'' and ''Necessary Evil, Part One'' OHCs on sale and got them. The rest was out of stock for a long time, but finally Boom! Studios started to reprint Power Rangers OHCs, ''Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Year One'' will be reprinted in November, 2023. (:

And Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Necessary Evil Part Two is out. I also got it with ''Go Go Power Rangers Deluxe Edition Book One''. Go Go Power Rangers is the new second series, the sales must be very good since Boom! Studios made a second Power Rangers Comic Book Series. Well, a second Power Rangers Comic Book series is not good for my wallet though... (:

Power Rangers as comics is so much better than the live action tv show, if you ask me. First of all the comics is not just aimed for children, the stories are so much better and instead of people in silly tokusatsu monster costumes, there are tokusatsu monsters drawn on paper and this is a huge improvement. You can take Power Rangers more seriously, especially if you look at it from the angle of new comer adult readers. lol I really enjoyed the comics as far as i read.

I also like live action silly looking Tokusatsu monsters anyway... lol
I am sorry guys, that was a misinformation. There is no reprint for the previous Power Rangers Deluxe Editions. What i thought Mighty Morpin Power Rangers: Year One Deluxe Edition reprint was actually Mighty Morphin / Power Rangers: Book One Deluxe Edition, it is about entirely different Power Rangers Comic Book Series. It is not a reprint but a new Power Ranger Deluxe Edition. Probably the Green Ranger on the cover and Book One name confused me.

Ofcourse since there are no reprints, i had to hunt for Mighty Morpin Power Rangers: Year One Deluxe Edition on the second market... It cost me alot of money, but i got one. Man... Each time i spend big buck on something, i feel so sad for poor people... Think about it, you only live once and you are poor... So terrible, worst thing that can happen to a person in today's capitalist world. Man... I am so glad that i have money.

I don't know Just how many on going Power Rangers Comic Book Series are printed by Boom! Studios...I counted 5 so far... God Damn... Power Rangers must be really popular. Even Batman doesn't have 5 on going series at DC.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:17 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Mighty Morphin / Power Rangers: Book One Deluxe Edition will be released next week. (November 07 of 2023) Woohoo !!! Finally.

I have all the Power Rangers Deluxe Editions so far. (:
Old 01-09-2024, 02:28 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Mighty Morphin / Power Rangers: Book One Deluxe Edition Ordered

Power Rangers Lost Chronicles Deluxe Edition Ordered
Old 02-07-2024, 02:33 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I read Go Go Power Rangers: Book Two Deluxe Edition.

I probably made a big mistake by starting the Power Rangers comics from the Go Go Power Rangers series. The Book One was fine, it could be read on its own, but reading Book Two was like catching a film on tv in the middle of it. So many off panel things happen in this book that felt like the rest of them previously happened in the tv show or Might Morphin Power Rangers Comics series that you were supposed to know...

Never the less i enjoyed reading some more Power Rangers. The issue that dedicated to Bulk and Skull was my favorite. I really enjoyed that issue in the Go Go Power Rangers Book Two Deluxe Edition. Trini, Jason and Zack's secret deep space mission was exciting. It was hidden from even the rest of team and Zordon and Alpha. A really Top Secret Mission which was given to them by a misterious Ranger called the Blue Emissary. I liked how Blue Emissary changed into the costumes of all kinds of Blue Power Ranger, none-stop. Trini, Jason and Zack even quit being Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and chose successors for themselves. (i don't know these new three teenager characters who succeded Trini, Jason and Zack , i saw them for the first time in the book.) Trini, Jason and Zack became Omega Power Rangers in the end of the book for their new deep space mission. And an alien girl name Kiya who was saved by them previously as a part of the deep space mission also became an Omega Ranger and joined them. I really liked Omega Power Rangers Costumes.

Tommy lost his Green Ranger power and then became the White Ranger. White Ranger was my favorite ranger when i was watching the show on tv at junior high back in the day. Zordon's former helper Alpha One reappeared and turned against Zordon because it seemd it was rebuilt bunch of cirsuits missing. HA HA Especially in the head... HA HA Rita Repulsa got captured by Zordon off panel and there was an issue dedicated to rehabilitation process of her in her cell which was also somekind of holographic room that made Rita live the lives of her victims. It kind of didn't make sense because how could they record the entire life of each and every victim of Rita to the point of their deaths in the hand of Rita ???? ,but on the other hand, seeing the life of your victims from their perspective until to the point where you kill them would have been davistating for a murderer if he/she was sane so it would be an really effective rehabilitation program, if it was possible.

Lord Zedd was after the somekind of misterious green dagger which was kept hidden in a top secret base. He tried to inflitrate, but his minnions failed as always... HA HA After so many failuers you thought Zedd would find new minnions, but it would seem he would never learn. HA HA I also liked how Power Rangers were aware that they sometimes fight against really silly tokusatsu monsters. HA HA Zack was complaning about how it was super emberesing to fight against a teapot tokusatsu monster and Kimberly was like ''Lately the monsters we fight get really silly, may be Lord Zedd loose his touch.'' HA HA Finster you goofball... HA HA

I really like my silly tokusatsu monsters never the less. BOOM! Studios continue to do a fine job with Power Rangers as comics. I give Go Go Power Rangers Book Two Deluxe Edition, 8/10.