Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-22-2022, 04:50 AM   #1241
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And I must've been blind, because I never realised that the snow version takes up more room, because the batons here are extended here into their snow pick mode.
Oh yeah. I didn't notice that either. Interesting that they would make two versions of the baton. I really think they wanted people to buy both. Kinda makes me glad I got the black version.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #1242
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I never noticed that either! Interesting... it does look like the black ones just end, am still glad I picked this one up as it's the best representation of its kind and relatively inexpensive
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 11:08 AM   #1243
romakrelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I never noticed that either! Interesting... it does look like the black ones just end, am still glad I picked this one up as it's the best representation of its kind and relatively inexpensive
Oh I forgot to mention that I got the Gentle Giant Captain America Winter Soldier Black Widow because of the pic you posted. So gad I did because I love it.
Old 12-22-2022, 03:34 PM   #1244
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
Oh I forgot to mention that I got the Gentle Giant Captain America Winter Soldier Black Widow because of the pic you posted. So gad I did because I love it.
That's really nice to hear, it's a really good piece, sculpt in particular. Glad you're enjoying her, it's a one off piece that will only get more rare!
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #1245
coolbear
Justice League

I just assembled my Black Widow (snow suit) and it's flawless! Yes, the resemblance to Scarlett Johansson is not really there but I still think the statue looks great!

I wish her eyes would be looking down instead of up so that the statue would look closer to the prototype. IMO her 'sad' look only happens when looking at the statue from the top. Thus, I think the best way to display her is on a middle-height or top shelf.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:14 PM   #1246
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
I just assembled my Black Widow (snow suit) and it's flawless! Yes, the resemblance to Scarlett Johansson is not really there but I still think the statue looks great!

I wish her eyes would be looking down instead of up so that the statue would look closer to the prototype. IMO her 'sad' look only happens when looking at the statue from the top. Thus, I think the best way to display her is on a middle-height or top shelf.
I was thinking the same thing, as I see that effect, as I've got the black version up higher than my white version on my shelves in my Besta cabinets.

And yes, I don't know why they chose to have her head looking up so much, as the promotional image that it's based from, has her head tilted only slightly up, but her still looking straight.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:29 AM   #1247
romakrelian

So I reached out to Spec to see what's up with this order, being that the store page still says 4th quarter 2022. This is what they said:

"Hi there,

This item is shipping in batches. We just shipped our first batch and are waiting to receive the second batch. You'll be part of the second batch, and you'll receive a shipping invoice when your order is ready to ship. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Devin W"

Not bad. It seems that spec has already released a batch, so I'm not too worried about this. Hopefully I can see it before the end of February.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #1248
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

Got my snow suit version from Cosmic Chase a month ago. Still waiting for my Classic Black Suit from SpecFiction. While I am waiting, I am posing this one in front of a canvas backdrop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230104_153759.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	157505  
toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:53 PM   #1249
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysforlife View Post
Got my snow suit version from Cosmic Chase a month ago. Still waiting for my Classic Black Suit from SpecFiction. While I am waiting, I am posing this one in front of a canvas backdrop.
The image on the canvas background is the statue I would want, love the short hair.
My white suit version is due in next week.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:58 PM   #1250
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
The image on the canvas background is the statue I would want, love the short hair.
My white suit version is due in next week.
Did you see that Sugo jacked up the price for that to $1,800 AUD. Lucky we preordered, as I think I got it for not much more than $1,100 AUD.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote