Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-18-2023, 05:14 PM   #831
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

social...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Same here, but I managed to grab one after seeing someone?s post on Social.
yea, guess that's the advantage right there. Doing social media. ugh.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #832
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I simply don't trust SSC anymore after this Ivy fiasco.

The way they mange their products and the way they treat their fans and customers (old, new and potential ones) clearly demonstrate that they don't care whatsoever.

They used to be good with their releases and customers, but not anymore.

There are clearly some changes in management style and mentality inside SSC. It seems they have regarded themselves as distributor first and statue / figure / art print producer second.

In-house merchandise are just not their priority anymore.

And they have the wisdom and audacity to release a new PF statue so soon after Ivy as if nothing had gone wrong and business as usual, some management at SSC.

I just don't give a dime about this Penguin PF statue even though I've been waiting a long time for it. The sculptor and painter have done a great job, but I simply won't consider it at this time. Shame on SSC.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:55 PM   #833
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

The way they mange their products and the way they treat their fans and customers (old, new and potential ones) clearly demonstrate that they don't care whatsoever.

There are clearly some changes in management style and mentality inside SSC. It seems they have regarded themselves as distributor first and statue / figure / art print producer second.

And they have the wisdom and audacity to release a new PF statue so soon after Ivy as if nothing has gone wrong and business as usual, some management at SSC.

I just don't give a dime about this Penguin PF statue even though I've been waiting a long time for it. The sculptor and painter have done a great job, but I simply won't consider it at this time. Shame on SSC.
Yeah their communication is shocking and you could take offence at the ivy situation but at the end of the day, if we want a 1/4 scale penguin, here it is. No point taking it to heart, I am really hopeful they will release more rogues sooner rather than later. Imagine a freeze, two face, clay face et al... drool
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:11 PM   #834
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:

And they have the wisdom and audacity to release a new PF statue so soon after Ivy as if nothing has gone wrong and business as usual, some management at SSC.

Why is it a fiasco?

I get that some people didn?t get the email, but SS are trying to galvanize people not to sit and wait until an edition size is announced before pre-ordering. Yeah, to an extent, SS created a rod for their own back with inflated edition sizes that end up getting heavily discounted. I think they are trying to correct that.

People on this thread talk about money being left on the table, but if SS did put that money on the table and, say, go for a 2500 edition size, the same people would say, yeah, I?m waiting for the discount. Go figure.

You ask me, SS has put us all on notice: you want a piece, order it when you see it.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:01 PM   #835
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Yeah their communication is shocking and you could take offence at the ivy situation but at the end of the day, if we want a 1/4 scale penguin, here it is. No point taking it to heart, I am really hopeful they will release more rogues sooner rather than later. Imagine a freeze, two face, clay face et al... drool
Sideshow has been around for a long time. It has become a brand that collectors trust and go to for figures and statues, etc. It is supposed to be one of those feel-good brands that people relate to happy times and experiences.

Purchasing stuff from Sideshow is more than just the merchandise alone. Unfortunately, the management team there, if they still had one, doesn't seem to realize their brand value. Evidently they are exceedingly weak in marketing as well.

Incidents in recent times have disappointed and frustrated many, and the fact that they've never come out and spoken a single word to address the issues has further exacerbated fans and customers alike.

Unfortunate to Sideshow, I do take the retailers I do business with seriously. Don't forget the fact that collectors spend a huge amount of money on Sideshow for their merchandise, much more than they would on stuff from most other retailers.

If that single fact alone is not enough to make Sideshow pay attention to and respect their fans and customers, nothing will. For that reason, I am not interested to do business with them again, at least not now.

Yes, that Penguin statue looks great. I do like it. But being treated as some stupid geeky suckers by Sideshow has completely destroyed the desirability of it. I will pass.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:22 AM   #836
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Why is it a fiasco?

I get that some people didn?t get the email, but SS are trying to galvanize people not to sit and wait until an edition size is announced before pre-ordering. Yeah, to an extent, SS created a rod for their own back with inflated edition sizes that end up getting heavily discounted. I think they are trying to correct that.

People on this thread talk about money being left on the table, but if SS did put that money on the table and, say, go for a 2500 edition size, the same people would say, yeah, I?m waiting for the discount. Go figure.

You ask me, SS has put us all on notice: you want a piece, order it when you see it.
But 250 and 2500 are the extremes. Telling everyone "POs will end on X date" or telling everyone "the edition size will be 500" are both better solutions. The first one being the best because it gives everyone ample time to know there won't be much time left and when the deadline will be. If you want it, you better get your order in by the deadline, edition size be damned. Because then you know for sure there will never be discounts on it.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:09 AM   #837
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Sideshow has been around for a long time. It has become a brand that collectors trust and go to for figures and statues, etc. It is supposed to be one of those feel-good brands that people relate to happy times and experiences.

Purchasing stuff from Sideshow is more than just the merchandise alone. Unfortunately, the management team there, if they still had one, doesn't seem to realize their brand value. Evidently they are exceedingly weak in marketing as well.

Incidents in recent times have disappointed and frustrated many, and the fact that they've never come out and spoken a single word to address the issues has further exacerbated fans and customers alike.

Unfortunate to Sideshow, I do take the retailers I do business with seriously. Don't forget the fact that collectors spend a huge amount of money on Sideshow for their merchandise, much more than they would on stuff from most other retailers.

If that single fact alone is not enough to make Sideshow pay attention to and respect their fans and customers, nothing will. For that reason, I am not interested to do business with them again, at least not now.

Yes, that Penguin statue looks great. I do like it. But being treated as some stupid geeky suckers by Sideshow has completely destroyed the desirability of it. I will pass.
That's your choice and I do understand. I'm not denying their decisions could be better. Even if some choices were out off their hands, they could at least communicate better.

However, people still buy prime 1 despite them having awful customer service, including deleting critical social media posts and shady business tactics

People still buy JND despite their staff being arrogant fake news idiots

I would still buy from those companies if they released a grail piece I couldn't say no to. Maybe that's not showing integrity and loyalty to the right company but I'm just being honest

What matters most to me is having characters represented in my collection, basically what they look like, not any other concerns. There are exceptions as I wouldn't buy an Amber Heard piece for example, but my collection is mostly comic based anyway so I don't have to worry that the actor might be a **** in real life

Bottom line, if something looks good enough and I've been waiting for so long, I buy as long as it's one of the big ones - P1, Sideshow, etc
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:04 PM   #838
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Why is it a fiasco?

Its a fiasco because he didnt get one and is now butthurt about it. They tried something new, due to lagging sales, and this was the result. It's not as if this is the one and only iteration of the character. I mean, if they were going to try and goose the collector market in a different direction, I would sure rather they did it on a piece that has ample other versions I could pick up instead rather than a character that might only ever get that treatment once. I don't think SS feels like they left money on the table when only a couple hundred were ordered after three weeks. My guess is this is a trend they have been seeing on their end on other pieces too.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:08 PM   #839
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

You know, the more I think about it the more in my mind it would have made more sense for them to "try this experimental" "new approach" with the recent Penguin PF as opposed to the Poison Ivy. I mean, despite the fact that this Ivy is slightly different than the previous Ivy's that have been done, there have been Ivys created nevertheless. Whereas the Penguin has yet to be created in 1/4 format by SS. This might have been a better tactic to have used on the Penguin to really see how quickly peeps would have pulled the trigger because more than likely they would have sold out as quickly as Ivy did or even moreso.

I just feel that with the Penguin as he has been a sought out character for so long.......the chances of him appearing on the secondary market for peeps to turn a profit may be very unlikely. Again, this is the first SS piece of this character. Where as with Ivy, despite this is a NEW piece and as well all know, "newer is sometimes better" but ISN'T ALWAYS........may be purchased and then re-sold on the secondary market as peeps may get the piece and then find themselves in a bind when they get it......"oh where will it go...?" "where and which other pieces does it match better with"......."will it go in the box with the rest of the Rogue's gallery" and yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.... Then they let it go or another piece go and that piece ends up on the FB pages for resale for an insane amount of money....

When they could have kept the Ivy they have been happy with to date........the most recent almost naked one.....the OG one, etc....because people seemed to have been very happy overall with those as they are so quick to post reviews expressing their excitement and all.

So I guess what I am saying, if I'm even saying anything at all (quoting Tony Stark in Iron Man 2).....

It may have been better to have used their experiment on Oswald as opposed to this 3rd/4th Ivy.

Oh, and in an ideal world, it would have also been nice to have the peeps at SS acknowledge their unhappy and disappointed fan base. At the very least, with a template letter. Something.....anything........instead of pretending they don't view forums and watch You Tube......

I don't know. Just my opinion is all.

curious.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:11 PM   #840
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
You know, the more I think about it the more in my mind it would have made more sense for them to "try this experimental" "new approach" with the recent Penguin PF as opposed to the Poison Ivy. I mean, despite the fact that this Ivy is slightly different than the previous Ivy's that have been done, there have been Ivys created nevertheless. Whereas the Penguin has yet to be created in 1/4 format by SS. This might have been a better tactic to have used on the Penguin to really see how quickly peeps would have pulled the trigger because more than likely they would have sold out as quickly as Ivy did or even moreso.

I just feel that with the Penguin as he has been a sought out character for so long.......the chances of him appearing on the secondary market for peeps to turn a profit may be very unlikely. Again, this is the first SS piece of this character. Where as with Ivy, despite this is a NEW piece and as well all know, "newer is sometimes better" but ISN'T ALWAYS........may be purchased and then re-sold on the secondary market as peeps may get the piece and then find themselves in a bind when they get it......"oh where will it go...?" "where and which other pieces does it match better with"......."will it go in the box with the rest of the Rogue's gallery" and yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.... Then they let it go or another piece go and that piece ends up on the FB pages for resale for an insane amount of money....

When they could have kept the Ivy they have been happy with to date........the most recent almost naked one.....the OG one, etc....because people seemed to have been very happy overall with those as they are so quick to post reviews expressing their excitement and all.

So I guess what I am saying, if I'm even saying anything at all (quoting Tony Stark in Iron Man 2).....

It may have been better to have used their experiment on Oswald as opposed to this 3rd/4th Ivy.

Oh, and in an ideal world, it would have also been nice to have the peeps at SS acknowledge their unhappy and disappointed fan base. At the very least, with a template letter. Something.....anything........instead of pretending they don't view forums and watch You Tube......

I don't know. Just my opinion is all.

curious.
Yeah, no. Again, there has hardly ever been any Penguin merch, he doesn't need to be goosed. I am not even sold they were totally going to cut off Ivy that early, but did when NOBODY was ordering it.

SS USED to come on here all the time. Crappy posters chased them and pretty much all the other producers/artists off this board. Why would anyone want to come here and give an official explanation? You think you are owed one because you missed out on the 3rd Ivy PF they made?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote