Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #1821
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Guess so, I didn't get any in the box...
It does appear that GG have dropped the ball a little, given the missing tags. To fix the issue, they should have them made and sent out with all orders past, present and future.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #1822
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Received my Lucky today from Spec Fiction safe and sound. She's a bit cross-eyed. When I set it up this weekend, I'll have to give it a closer inspection and see if everything looks ok with the sunglasses on or if I have to redo her eyes.

She's only the second HT girl I bought. Paint apps are still a step above the WD Maggie. Too bad we will never see Fireball.

Need to re-do the eyes
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #1823
gomur
The Tick

Man, I'm still lamenting Fireball. She would've been one of the best in the series IMO.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #1824
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Man, I'm still lamenting Fireball. She would've been one of the best in the series IMO.
I dunno man, I think the helmet kinda killed the look of this piece personally. You know they wouldn't have done a change-o-head either. Had they done that and/or included the helmet as a loose accessory, it certainly would've had the potential to be one of the best. That said I still think the Whisper variant would top it. Shame we'll never see it though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #1825
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
They are now 40% off until Halloween if anyone really wants them... with additional $55 or $80 off that price.

EDIT: Just noticed somebody posted it all ready. I just got the email. DOH. Sorry about that
I was tempted, but the coupon codes didn't work, so money saved
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #1826
htx87
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Received my Lucky today from Spec Fiction safe and sound. She's a bit cross-eyed. When I set it up this weekend, I'll have to give it a closer inspection and see if everything looks ok with the sunglasses on or if I have to redo her eyes.

She's only the second HT girl I bought. Paint apps are still a step above the WD Maggie. Too bad we will never see Fireball.

Need to re-do the eyes
Besides the flaw with the eyes, I say it looks nice. The small details add to it like the straps for her gun for example. Lucky is one I would get but the price on her on many retailer's websites is a bit much. I'll wait it out until it goes down. Would love it if you could post some more pics from different angles please.
htx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #1827
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

Need to re-do the eyes
The eye's look ok (works well) to me. Atleast they point in the same direction, unlike my 1/6th DC Harley Quinn ;D
Two things that bother me more with regards to Lucky, i can't decided if here knee looks weird, and her head large given her body size.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #1828
grphyx1
Kingpin

Yes the knee pointing up has always bugged me. I dismissed it as the lleather wrwrapping causing the distortion
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #1829
dechirico7
The Flash

They aren't doing Fireball!!!???!?!?!
Wow, that is a huge mistake on their part. She was a must have for me.

Someone should start a petition. I doubt we could get 500 people though. As soon as they would find out it was Gentle Giant they would pull their name.

Their coupon codes don't work either....great company (sarcasm)
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #1830
ambasah
Red Skull

the codes work. You have to be logged into your account first and then apply them.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote