Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #3241
Clarian
Frackin!

Got my She-Ra yesterday! It looks like I have some quality control issues, some of which are maybe (hopefully) pretty easily fixable, but some which seem less so.

I don't have much experience, this is only my second Sideshow piece, and my first one had no QC issues to worry about...so if anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated!

To me, these come across as more conspicuous in real life than they do in the photos...maybe I don't really know how to shoot them, or maybe that's how it is and people with experience will get that.

I think the biggest issue may be the helmet piece, where it looks like the gold is worn off on the points on one of side. (As with all of these, it was like that right out of the box.) It's also rubbed off along the edge in places, though that was harder to photograph.

While the other things maybe could be cleaned off, this one seems like it would require painting, which to strikes me as more challenging (finding paint that matches, for one thing). Is that sort of thing that would justify requesting a replacement? (There's also a second issue with the head, though maybe one easier to fix, if that tips the scales at all.)

That second issue is, a blemish right on the face. Maybe from the helmet piece rubbing against it somehow? At any right, again, it was like that right out of the box.

Then, there's also some kind of spot on the base...it photographs as bright orange, but actually looks like more of a dingy brown...again, this was there right out of the box:

So, I would hope the blemishes could perhaps be cleaned off (?). If anyone has any advice on that, I'd be interested. I've had rubbing alcohol and q-tips recommended on a different figure, but in that case it was thought to be glue vapor residue, and this may be something else.

(I'm also going to look into whether Sideshow has any kind of guide to these things or if I can get official advice from them...or if anyone knows where to go for that, that would be helpful!)

Thanks for taking a look!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	face.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	113606   Click image for larger version

Name:	helmet.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	913.9 KB
ID:	113607   Click image for larger version

Name:	base.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	113608  
Clarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #3242
Demona
Martian Manhunter

As her head is all one piece, it SHOULD be a very easy issue for Sideshow to just provide you a new portrait. If this was my statue, I would email/call them. Just ask them for an exchange and provide them the pics you gave us.

As for the base, I would let that one go. Once on a shelf, you don't see it. It's not front and center like her pretty face is.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #3243
Clarian
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thanks for the advice! I found that the help form on their site had a 'request parts' option, so I filled that out and attached the photos. So, we shall see! (But it's encouraging that they had a form all set up for these kind of issues!)
Old 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #3244
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Thanks for the advice! I found that the help form on their site had a 'request parts' option, so I filled that out and attached the photos. So, we shall see! (But it's encouraging that they had a form all set up for these kind of issues!)
Sideshow is pretty good about this stuff. I had a real bad blue paint blotch on a white base on the catowman artgerm statue, they wouldn't replace just the base but did replace the entire thing. They handled the Huntress cape issue well. I am concerned about the amount of QC issues people are reporting though. I have a bunch of pre-orders.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #3245
nearmint
Phoenix

If you don't hear back from them within 48 hours, I usually initiate a chat on their website and ask for an update on my part request. That usually gets them moving on your issue.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #3246
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If you don't hear back from them within 48 hours, I usually initiate a chat on their website and ask for an update on my part request. That usually gets them moving on your issue.
+1 on this, I didn't hear from them for over a week and chat got it moving.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #3247
Clarian
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Good to know, thanks! Actually, right after I read this I got their reply email (a little under an hour after I sent the form). They had a few options, including return/replace, which is the one I'm taking - The other options were return it and get a full refund, or keep it and get some reward points. So far, so good!
Old 05-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #3248
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hope I get my last payment and shipping notice soon. I know...I know...I could call them. But I don't have the energy. Only the energy to hope and type about it on here

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #3249
melkor23
The Spirit

She-Ra was in the last Sideshow Live show: https://youtu.be/HUduBvL5fqM?t=19m29s

Tried to ask some questions regarding her greenish skirt and future MotU statues, but unfortunately only stuff like "favorite football player" or "best Sideshow Live moment" was answered.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #3250
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
As her head is all one piece, it SHOULD be a very easy issue for Sideshow to just provide you a new portrait. If this was my statue, I would email/call them. Just ask them for an exchange and provide them the pics you gave us.

As for the base, I would let that one go. Once on a shelf, you don't see it. It's not front and center like her pretty face is.

I've always had the best experience (and SS has always said, to be honest) to use their return/exchange system through their website. You can upload pics, give description, etc. I always hear from them in 2 days or less when using this system.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote