I like her bum cheeks
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #122
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I was just looking at the DC lineup on Sideshow and she is the most expensive 1/4 outside of Bane and Darkseid.

How the F does EACH PF go up in price?! While its HQ, its from a crap movie and not an A-list actor (although I think she nailed HQ in SS).

She is no more articulate than Zatanna which was JUST announced at $499. And I'm speaking from a labor/material pov.
She is way more involved than Zatanna, from a labor and material pov. Apples to Faberge Apples... Decals, paint apps, and the cut & sew on her is way more involved and intricate, plus, likeness...

Cut & sew wise, the head of our cut & sew department said she and the joker were easily the two most difficult PF's he's ever worked on here at Sideshow. That's saying something.

Despite how well the movie was perceived, I dont think there's any denying how well Margot's HQ was received. Really proud of how these 2 pieces came out, the team killed them.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #123
MeleeSparks
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I was just looking at the DC lineup on Sideshow and she is the most expensive 1/4 outside of Bane and Darkseid.

How the F does EACH PF go up in price?! While its HQ, its from a crap movie and not an A-list actor (although I think she nailed HQ in SS).

She is no more articulate than Zatanna which was JUST announced at $499. And I'm speaking from a labor/material pov.

Quality in which you think the movie has or lacks shouldn't have anything to do with the price of the piece.

Material, sure I'll give you that. And my guess is from the complexity of the details on the figure. Tattoo's I'm assuming are digitally applied somehow after painting. I highly doubt all the small intricate writing/details are by hand. Or perhaps it is, which is why it's even that much more than other PF's.

With all that considering however, SS has a few PF's that are more expensive but less detailed. At this point, I don't know how they dictate price per PF.

This figure is still a great looking piece though.
MeleeSparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #124
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
She is way more involved than Zatanna, from a labor and material pov. Apples to Faberge Apples... Decals, paint apps, and the cut & sew on her is way more involved and intricate, plus, likeness...

Cut & sew wise, the head of our cut & sew department said she and the joker were easily the two most difficult PF's he's ever worked on here at Sideshow. That's saying something.

Despite how well the movie was perceived, I dont think there's any denying how well Margot's HQ was received. Really proud of how these 2 pieces came out, the team killed them.
While Ill give you 2 out 3, the main point is its still unclear to everyone hows PF's manage to increase with each release, which you didn't address from my post.

I'm in no way denying the talent at Sideshow or what skill went into this. She does look good. And you're right about movie perception relating to price. BTW, Was she done by hand or digitally?

But outside of likeness and decals, I don't see much diff from the "pictures" much less "way more". Odd you should mention paint apps, I would think the same scrutiny would go into every paint app, are you saying not all paint apps are equal?

Not intended to be confrontational, just voicing genuine concerns.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #125
MeleeSparks
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
While Ill give 2 out 3, its still unclear to everyone hows PF's manage to increase with each release, which you didn't address from my post.

I'm in no way denying the talent at Sideshow or what skill went into this. She does look good. And you're right about movie perception relating to price.

But outside of likeness and decals, I don't see much diff from the "pictures". Odd you should mention paint apps, I would think the same scrutiny would go into every paint app, are you saying not all paint apps are equal?
I won't speak for SS as if I know -- but I'll make the assumption that it's not so this figure had less care going into the production than this figure...

As an example; Zatana has 0 tattoo's and HQ having a ton of them, which requires more time to apply on the figure vs Zatana's painted skin that has no tattoo's (which obviously takes less time having no additional time/work to be done outside of the painting the skin/clothing).
MeleeSparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #126
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
While Ill give 2 out 3, its still unclear to everyone hows PF's manage to increase with each release, which you didn't address from my post.

I'm in no way denying the talent at Sideshow or what skill went into this. She does look good. And you're right about movie perception relating to price.

But outside of likeness and decals, I don't see much diff from the "pictures". Odd you should mention paint apps, I would think the same scrutiny would go into every paint app, are you saying not all paint apps are equal?

Was she done by hand or digitally?
We judge paint apps based on their political views.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #127
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeSparks View Post
I won't speak for SS as if I know -- but I'll make the assumption that it's not so this figure had less care going into the production than this figure...

As an example; Zatana has 0 tattoo's and HQ having a ton of them, which requires more time to apply on the figure vs Zatana's painted skin that has no tattoo's (which obviously takes less time having no additional time/work to be done outside of the painting the skin/clothing).
Ill concede to that incurring an additional cost, however, Z at $500 was already bewildering.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #128
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

For gods sake, guys, LEAVE Sideshow alone.

This Margot PFF is the BEST representation of Margot as Harley (way better than Prime1's). Likeness, PERFECT mixed media (i hate full sculpt on movie pieces where actors are dressed with clothes and not latex costumes), pose, ATTITUDE. The statue is nearly perfect....

I am tired of some guys constantly bashing Sideshow. If you dont like it or if you cant afford it, ok. MOVE ON. We (majority of collectors) love the sculpt, we love the pose, we love the usage of mixed media, we love the vibe that this PFF oozes. I wonder why some guys are constantly complaining and bashing Sideshow.

Hate this ? OK. Move on. Nevertheless, this IS by FAR the best Harley Margot statue on the market, especially its"attittude"

PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD. I am not going to discuss it. It is nearly perfect.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #129
jpuli28

^ No one is bashing Sideshow for their talent, its the never ending price increases that concerns everyone and wants justification. As enthusiastic hobbyists and consumers we are entitled to a fair price, and without justification we cant say its fair. While I can say I can afford this, it comes down to principle. And for those who no longer can afford to be in the hobby, my heart goes out to them.

And I think your drama is a little premature based on proto photos. How about in hand touting when its shipped.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #130
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Is the likeness good though? I see a bit of Margot in there but i couldn't say it was stunning.

Also i thought the likeness on Loki was pretty good but we all saw how that came out.

I think it's pretty lackluster and i don't mean for price ( i'm way over prices now, they will continue to go up, get over it ) it's just kind of MEH especially when it comes to the base and the choice of expression for the face sculpt, this is a piece that was crying out for a COH and this is one of the only times SS didn't give us one....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote