Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #821
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Earlier today...I thought it was news, but the lack of reactions has me thinking I might've missed something...
First I heard of it, and it has plummeted my thoughts of this company to low depths. A separate box for a part of the statue that comes months later is not something I was interested in. Also that base won't be numbered. Also based on their track record, Oct means 2021. The next shoe to drop will be the statue doesn't fit in the new base. This should of all been disclosed before shipping yesterday. Very disappointed over here.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #822
jeremydmc
Black Panther

First I had heard of this as well.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #823
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
First I heard of it, and it has plummeted my thoughts of this company to low depths. A separate box for a part of the statue that comes months later is not something I was interested in. Also that base won't be numbered. Also based on their track record, Oct means 2021. The next shoe to drop will be the statue doesn't fit in the new base. This should of all been disclosed before shipping yesterday. Very disappointed over here.
Is it possible to be surprised while simultaneously not being surprised at all? haha...

When I read this, my first reaction was "WHAT?"

My second was "Of course this is how this was going to go!"

Weren't there other statues where either components or bases couldn't be produced separately because there was concern over "fit"? It seems like that was said about something, which didn't make sense to me since other companies (including TH) had sent out replacement parts before.

I am not sure if I'll even get this second base. When Chad asked before, I did not get he was essentially taking orders for a free base. I thought we were voting on whether he'd include the second base he wasn't planning on for everyone. I did later e-mail him and tell him I didn't want to not get both bases if others were getting both at no additional cost.

And Chad! I keep pulling for him, but he just finished off this Robin EX with another customer service disaster. IMO, he would have been better off just sticking to his original plan and dealing with the fallout of having just the EX base. Now he's paid for more bases, will need to ship them out, and he's going to get probably almost as much grief as if he had just saved the money and not bothered.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #824
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I'm OK with getting the base separately. The Church base is the base I want for Robin. If I had known from the beginning the base coming from TH would only be the unseen one (At the time of ordering the Church base was the only one shown) then I would have just ordered from Sideshow or someone else to get the Church base. I do feel for Chad. He has had a lot of growing pains with this line.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #825
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm OK with getting the base separately. The Church base is the base I want for Robin. If I had known from the beginning the base coming from TH would only be the unseen one (At the time of ordering the Church base was the only one shown) then I would have just ordered from Sideshow or someone else to get the Church base. I do feel for Chad. He has had a lot of growing pains with this line.
At this point I would rather had the church base and call it a day. I have no confidence that I could send an email and ask them to trade out for the regular. The stories here of months for replies or months for refunds leaves me to believe that if they agreed, I would be setting myself up for frustration.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:16 AM   #826
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would think that when Chad asked about the 2nd base that the box, styrofoam and the statue itself was already underway in production and to throw a 2nd base in at that time would have caused a delay in Robin getting here to include both bases in the same box.

I am sure that Chad will make good on the 2nd base for those that want it. Weren't there 187 exclusive Robin statues produced? I wonder how many people actually wanted to 2nd base and how many said do not worry about it.

Also, remember since this would be a smaller order even if it is ready to ship say in Sept it might be a little longer because it would probably have to go into a crate with a larger order.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #827
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I would think that when Chad asked about the 2nd base that the box, styrofoam and the statue itself was already underway in production and to throw a 2nd base in at that time would have caused a delay in Robin getting here to include both bases in the same box.

I am sure that Chad will make good on the 2nd base for those that want it. Weren't there 187 exclusive Robin statues produced? I wonder how many people actually wanted to 2nd base and how many said do not worry about it.

Also, remember since this would be a smaller order even if it is ready to ship say in Sept it might be a little longer because it would probably have to go into a crate with a larger order.
Chad has already said way prior that we were getting both after there was a bit of discourse, it was settled. He then asked about 4 months ago who really wanted. This thing has changed 4 or more times. At the end of the day I seriously doubt these bases will see the light of day. The work around will be a debacle.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #828
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

And he is still talking about a "combo base", too! So, now it sounds like there are THREE bases with two arriving at some later date?
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #829
king_marvel
The Herculoids

I wouldn't mind seeing a combo base.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #830
cjacobs83
Justice League

Where was this post made? i just checked tweeterhead FB and tweeterhead fans FB and wasn't able to find it.

I keep trying to look past Chad's customer service blenders but they seem to never stop. This base has become a huge headache. So the EX platform addition is being reworked again and wasn't included with the original box that was just shipped to us? We're also going to get the optional church base mailed later? This is going to be a nightmare if we want to resell it down the road. Guess we'll have to ship 3 boxes vs one to a potential buyer. The more he changes it, the deeper of a hole he's going to need to dig himself out of. why couldn't we just get the one original base with the platform connecting batman, batgirl and robin? that's why i purchased the exclusive. instead i now have the gargoyle base which i don't like.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote