Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #191
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It's awesome we are treated to so much more JP collectibles recently. I wonder when the T.rex skeleton statue will be up for PO.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:43 PM   #192
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I ordered but the paint is gonna be underwhelming that's a given. It looks like they just went over it with some black and said that's it, we're done! And this is Steve Wang we are talking about. Mr. noodle detail out the wazoo. I'm praying it won't be chocolate chips scheme like CC's.
Actually the proto was painted by Joey Orosco. Another legendary Scupltor/painter. But yeah, the stripes look nothing like what SWS done, which Joey was working for at the time on JP no less.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:25 PM   #193
clutch
Sailor Moon

Maybe he was told to keep it simple for the benefit of the factory workers who will be mass painting these.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:05 PM   #194
azurepred
Zot

I've never seen SWS promote an item so much before. I'm trying to figure out how I can fit this PO in. At least the nrd isn't nuts. The 2022 4th qtr release is too damn soon.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:38 PM   #195
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Spoke to George yesterday, he said it's hitting late this year or January of next I think, pretty quick. Already in production, awesome can't wait, but yeah there is a bit of time pressure here, get those $$ ready boys.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 01:36 AM   #196
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Whos gonna stock this in Australia? Pop, Sugo?
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:34 AM   #197
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I've never seen SWS promote an item so much before. I'm trying to figure out how I can fit this PO in. At least the nrd isn't nuts. The 2022 4th qtr release is too damn soon.
Im still interested in this piece, but something doesn't seem right to me. SWS School said this on FB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Winston School of Character Arts
This maquette is a 3D scanned version of the original Stan Winston Studio maquette. So we believe this is more REAL and ORIGINAL than any collectibles. Not to mention that one of the original SWS artists, Joey Orosco painted it next to Oksar Ankarudd.
but as Blade pointed out, there have definitely been artistic liberties taken on this sculpt. no denying how cool this piece is, right there...it's the Female, and its awesome. don't think it's more real or original than the Chronicle 1:5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Very close, but notice the end of the skull behind the eye. It goes back farther on the SWS maquette and lines up with the end of the bottom jaw. That's probably the most obvious miss in terms of accuracy and it can't be the product of lens distortion or angles.

Big Girl:

Chronicle 1:5 ^
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:27 PM   #198
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
Whos gonna stock this in Australia? Pop, Sugo?
Usually Pop. Nothing yet however.
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:46 PM   #199
darren1228
Zot

Hoping it's the angle but it does look pretty inaccurate in your picture. I do prefer the 1/5 Chronicle portrait here.

darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:10 PM   #200
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Im still interested in this piece, but something doesn't seem right to me. SWS School said this on FB:

but as Blade pointed out, there have definitely been artistic liberties taken on this sculpt. no denying how cool this piece is, right there...it's the Female, and its awesome. don't think it's more real or original than the Chronicle 1:5.

Big Girl:

Chronicle 1:5 ^
While I certainly agreed with your concerns based on what was shown back in July, the more I look at the final promotion pics the more I think they got it right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassic_park_tyrannosaurus_rex_09.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	153358

Doesn't it look like they fixed the back end of the skull a bit here? It's not a perfect angle but it sure looks like the top of the skull is roughly even with the back of the jaw bone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jurassic_park_tyrannosaurus_rex_09[1].jpg
Views:	94
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	153359

On the whole, I missed out on the Chronicle 1/5 sadly so I have to ask myself how many more opportunities to own a collectible like this will come along. I have learned my lesson.
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote