Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #121
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I prefer the Rick and negan style nameplates. Negans is the best. No clue why Todd chose to be so inconsistent on this line
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:53 PM   #122
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Too me this one seemed rushed. I know it was delayed several times but it just seems incomplete compared to the others. Still love it but defiantly not as much as the other 3
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 PM   #123
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

This piece is absolutely beautiful, no where are you going to find another bad ass statue of Daryl riding his motorcycle and smashing into zombies. Just looking at that front wheel smashed into a zombie is incredible yet alone the rest of the piece. I myself would have preferred the nameplate not say what # it is, on the bottom of the statue yes but it should be classy and sometimes less is more.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #124
Viking4Alpha
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

^ Agreed.
Viking4Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #125
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Got mine today, it's nice but there are things that I don't like. First and foremost is the size, why, WHY is this so much smaller then the others???? I for one would have gladly paid another $50-$100 to have it in scale with the other three. Second the arm that comes up and grabs the back of the bike has a horrid obvious seam, I'm gonna dremmel it out a bit for a better fit and lastly I really wish the name plate could be removed, since the base doesn't spin like the others it kills the pose for me because it really can only be displayed face on.

I'm gonna keep it as a stand alone piece as it's still worth the $300 I paid and it still looks fairly impressive even with the things I mentioned.

I hope if there is a next one it's another comic based piece that fits in with the original three.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #126
mattman68
Blue Falcon

Shame it's not in scale for those that want to display it with the three comic statues out. I for one don't read the comics so bought this as a fan of show and don't own the other three, so it's not a factor. Perhaps they never intended it to fit in with the comic statues and plan on releasing more show based statues that are more to scale with this one. Don't really see a non rotating base as a flaw per se since that's not a norm for statues/dioramas, but that does sound like a really cool feature of the other statues. As for the noticeable seam, that sounds like a bit of a nuisance but not a deal breaker for me.

On a side note, ordered last Friday and haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. Anyone that got theirs take this long to get tracking?
mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:28 AM   #127
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman68 View Post
Shame it's not in scale for those that want to display it with the three comic statues out. I for one don't read the comics so bought this as a fan of show and don't own the other three, so it's not a factor. Perhaps they never intended it to fit in with the comic statues and plan on releasing more show based statues that are more to scale with this one. Don't really see a non rotating base as a flaw per se since that's not a norm for statues/dioramas, but that does sound like a really cool feature of the other statues. As for the noticeable seam, that sounds like a bit of a nuisance but not a deal breaker for me.

On a side note, ordered last Friday and haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. Anyone that got theirs take this long to get tracking?
I ordered mine on Monday and I just got the tracking number.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #128
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

The whole rotating bases were like a signature of these dios, which is why I don't get why this doesn't have one as well. It would be like PCS making a street fighter mixed media statue and ditching the plain black base for just 1 piece.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:23 AM   #129
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I already have mine, ordered the day it was available and it got to me on Monday. Granted I live in So Cali so I would get it before others in different states.

Still have it sitting in my living room in the box, I gotta check them out for anything missing or damaged to return back to McFarlane but if all goes well I will keep them.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #130
mattman68
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I ordered mine on Monday and I just got the tracking number.
Thanks. Got my tracking last night. Should have mine Wednesday.
mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote