Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #2491
Dundee
Hydra

DXS is time based (accordingly to the prime 1 site). Their approach and wording allows them to kill two birds with one stone.

I.E suppose the 999 DXS didn't sell well, the remaining 999 will convert to the DX version after a set period of time (hence the time based description). Or the 999 DXS sell out and everyone makes it aboard on time, everyone of the 999 is a DXS. Regardless of whichever scenario plays out, the ES will remain at 999. IMO this approach is reasonable and is what most collectors (including myself) expect.

Alternatively if it sells very well and the entire 999 DXS is allotted, they can decide to segment the DX version in the near future with a different ES and state the time based window for DXS has 'expired'. I personally don't think they will go with this second approach as it's sneaky and shady. They've also got the regular edition to milk any remainder buyers who missed out on the DXS. However, nothing is set in stone, it's Prime 1, from this statue we've learnt to expect the unexpected
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #2492
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #2493
Jungle Demon
Hydra

I don't care about numbers. Final paint job is the most important thing. They better pay good money for production painters.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #2494
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Alternatively if it sells very well and the entire 999 DXS is allotted, they can decide to segment the DX version in the near future with a different ES and state the time based window for DXS has 'expired'. I personally don't think they will go with this second approach as it's sneaky and shady. They've also got the regular edition to milk any remainder buyers who missed out on the DXS. However, nothing is set in stone, it's Prime 1, from this statue we've learnt to expect the unexpected
I would think the regular plus the "expansion set" will be enough for people who missed the DX but still want a premium $3K experience.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:46 PM   #2495
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

How about adding some Predator sound effect for the ultimate Predator collectible? Maybe not, things can go wrong...
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #2496
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
How about adding some Predator sound effect for the ultimate Predator collectible? Maybe not, things can go wrong...
Could always use something like this,I'm sure there's smaller ones or DYI kits you could make and hide in the brush somewhere.

https://youtu.be/Tz6VEZm1Ofs
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:46 PM   #2497
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Could always use something like this,I'm sure there's smaller ones or DYI kits you could make and hide in the brush somewhere.

https://youtu.be/Tz6VEZm1Ofs
That speaker sounds like a dying pig.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:48 PM   #2498
Furyan
Mephisto

Also found some audio clips here. Obviously there are some on YouTube that can be ripped as well.

https://www.101soundboards.com/board...987-soundboard
Old 08-17-2021, 10:48 PM   #2499
Furyan
Mephisto

Also found some audio clips here. Obviously there are some on YouTube that can be ripped as well.

https://www.101soundboards.com/board...987-soundboard
Old 08-18-2021, 02:39 AM   #2500
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I would think the regular plus the "expansion set" will be enough for people who missed the DX but still want a premium $3K experience.
Good point and I hope this would be the case.

Higher ES doesn't bother me in terms of monetary resale value as I will never sell any of the statues I collect, but I do know if it's too high, it may affect overall paint production quality. Even the best of the best production painters can and will get fatigued, no matter how much money you throw at them.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote