Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-16-2022, 12:03 PM   #2991
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
You got the P2 City Hunter, don't you? I feel that's pretty much 95%. The only bit I did was add some gloss coat and make the second head display stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
To be honest while I like my city hunter from p1 it is very far cry from the prototype. It isn't even 80 percent. The paint job IMO is not high end. Looks ok... And maybe some of you won't like this but IMO Neca 1/4 pred (JH) had a nicer and cleaner finish. And don't get me started about the mess they made with their Jungle hunter.
I love the City Hunter, don't get me wrong, but the decal used on it is very thin and fragile (foil leaf). There are some small airholes and damages from applying them and some small fixes here and there with black dots (which is still good enough). But I did not expect they used it on the body and hands. Pattern on head i could understand with City Hunter.
As long as you only touch the normal painted areas and the armor (while moving/handling it), this statue is great.

The P1 JH 1/4 has decals allover too, but not foil leaf, these are thin plastic decals (more like stickers). I fixed some spots, bcs the edges where standing up (only in places with deeper grooves and indentation), so you could see the basecoat at certain angles.

Took me a week to touchup my four predator statues. And two extra days improving the magnet arm with all the switchouts (JH 1/4). The magnet is extremely strong and also has a hole. The hands have magnet with a peg. Combination is extreme and some people pulled out the magnet in the arm !
So after unboxing i first superglued the backside of the armmagnet and also added putty in the dead space (through the small hole), to prevent future issues during a switchout. When proper displayed both these 1/4 have real presence. Fingers crossed the 1/3 is even better right out the box.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:57 PM   #2992
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Adding a layer of gloss coat (I use Mod Podge) to the skin will protect the decals and paint from any future damage.

I know we should not have to do that, but at least there is some solution to the problem.

Let's hope Prime 1 learned from the mistakes of the JH 1/4 and do a better job on the 1/3. They just have to....
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #2993
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
You got the P2 City Hunter, don't you? I feel that's pretty much 95%. The only bit I did was add some gloss coat and make the second head display stand.

Honestly, scaling up to a larger size should make it easier to get the details right, in theory.
Haven't received mine yet. Still waiting on Secret Compass to get their shipment in.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #2994
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Adding a layer of gloss coat (I use Mod Podge) to the skin will protect the decals and paint from any future damage.

I know we should not have to do that, but at least there is some solution to the problem.

Let's hope Prime 1 learned from the mistakes of the JH 1/4 and do a better job on the 1/3. They just have to....
Layer of clear coat would be nice, but how did you do this. Did you paint every single square within the netting? I didn't bother with that and put mine up the wall.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #2995
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Haven't received mine yet. Still waiting on Secret Compass to get their shipment in.
The deliveries are far spread indeed.
Some ppl had it months before me and I have mine for a while. Hope you get a perfect one. It is a keeper/really nice statue.
Old 02-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #2996
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Samesies
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:20 PM   #2997
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sucks you guys haven't gotten yours yet. It's a great piece.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:19 PM   #2998
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I love the City Hunter, don't get me wrong, but the decal used on it is very thin and fragile (foil leaf). There are some small airholes and damages from applying them and some small fixes here and there with black dots (which is still good enough). But I did not expect they used it on the body and hands. Pattern on head i could understand with City Hunter.
As long as you only touch the normal painted areas and the armor (while moving/handling it), this statue is great.

The P1 JH 1/4 has decals allover too, but not foil leaf, these are thin plastic decals (more like stickers). I fixed some spots, bcs the edges where standing up (only in places with deeper grooves and indentation), so you could see the basecoat at certain angles.

Took me a week to touchup my four predator statues. And two extra days improving the magnet arm with all the switchouts (JH 1/4). The magnet is extremely strong and also has a hole. The hands have magnet with a peg. Combination is extreme and some people pulled out the magnet in the arm !
So after unboxing i first superglued the backside of the armmagnet and also added putty in the dead space (through the small hole), to prevent future issues during a switchout. When proper displayed both these 1/4 have real presence. Fingers crossed the 1/3 is even better right out the box.
Man this has me worry about the 1/3 and I've just order the city predator too..Might have to cancel these..A lot money just to have stickers on them.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:49 AM   #2999
Dundee
Hydra

There's a review by Roscoe re the assassin pred on YouTube.

The fugitive battle damaged head trophy looks glossed and the quills look super sharp. That's a good sign, pity the 1/4 they used blunt quills, its looking more deliberate to me prime 1 made sure the 1/4 looked more comic like compared to their pred movie statue line.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 05:30 AM   #3000
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Man this has me worry about the 1/3 and I've just order the city predator too..Might have to cancel these..A lot money just to have stickers on them.
That is the real reason why factory used the quite dark color scheme (hiding the decal edges/circumference). Sculpt and fit is perfect.
Minor issue for some is the flexible dreads of the heads which (can) push against neck area or canonbase. So the head is not easily switchable (have to heat the dreads a bit before placing head).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
.... its looking more deliberate to me prime 1 made sure the 1/4 looked more comic like compared to their pred movie statue line.
Indeed, was a low blow. They really advertised the PO to us as the ultimate predator collectible. price was up there also and it did sell. And then changing their mind and go for a 1/3 and save some bucks on the paint department, only to benefit themselves.

And now we are in the same rollercoaster again for the 1/3.