Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #3501
Halcyon
Loki

Did not expect some factory pics so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
The paint job here surprisingly looks very very good. Fingers crossed It looks very close to the prototype. Also it looks like they will deliver in time.
I hope all four statues in this picture are made by same factory and the one at the front isn't a proto/paint example. Bcs I like as much browns and red colors mixed in the paint patterns as Pred (no.1) at the front (seems to have lighter knees and more browns at his head e.g.) compared to the three behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I see they left his legs super wrinkly. Not loving that, but not surprising. Loving everything else. including how far it looks to have progressed in production.
Oh yes the wrinkle pattern, was not fond of either. Luckily it gives some texture to the dark parts (patches) of his legs.

These four statues are not 100% the same which is strange. The third one e.g. has a double strap to the kneepad.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:29 PM   #3502
Blade3327
Nightwing

The dot decals have hard edges, at least as far as I can tell, but at least they read well from a distance. Even in that second darkened photo, you can clearly see a separation between the black forehead dots and the brown ones. Excellent.

Skin looks appropriately glossy (or satiny, a happy medium). Hopefully these decals won't peel. Prime 1 seem to have learned their lesson not to botch the color scheme or dot shapes, so hopefully they've learned their lesson regarding proper sealer.

Base looks really well done, glad they went with more muted, natural colors. This might be the most realistic base work I've seen from them. Looking forward to seeing more.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:14 PM   #3503
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Given we all know the phrase "the 1st photos up are usually the worst" . . . this bodes really well for you folks

Fingers crossed for everyone!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:29 PM   #3504
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I see they left his legs super wrinkly. Not loving that, but not surprising. Loving everything else. including how far it looks to have progressed in production.

i wasn't expecting to see these pics today.

It looks perfect. PERFECTION. A Legendary statue of a Legendary character. upper mandible teeth look a little small but i'm sure thats the angle.

God Bless Prime 1 Studios.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:40 PM   #3505
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i wasn't expecting to see these pics today.

It looks perfect. PERFECTION. A Legendary statue of a Legendary character. upper mandible teeth look a little small but i'm sure thats the angle.

God Bless Prime 1 Studios.
Let's not count our chickens just yet. There is still a whole lot of things that could go wrong.

But yes, this definitely looks promising so far. I still can't believe these will make it out before December.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 03:44 PM   #3506
Dundee
Hydra

Looks decent so far. Mud around feet look a little tad dry, rocks and tree lack that bit extra pop but still fairly good. Hopefully the minnows are still there. Plasma caster is tilted slightly down on the 4th one, wonder if it's got some wriggle room to move. Mask on base has light up so looks like the removable mask can also be placed on the base which is a good thing for those who go the reg.

Needs more pics and hopefully some high res close up video soon, if it turns out like those above which seem to look around 90%ish it'll be a winner.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:46 PM   #3507
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Given we all know the phrase "the 1st photos up are usually the worst" . . . this bodes really well for you folks

Fingers crossed for everyone!

LOL, I am pretty sure I stated somewhere in this thread that crappy first production pics from the factory would be a bad idea for this piece. I'm pleasantly shocked at how good these look, all things considered.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:49 AM   #3508
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Oh yes the wrinkle pattern, was not fond of either. Luckily it gives some texture to the dark parts (patches) of his legs.
The only concern I have with the leg wrinkles is it may be harder for the decals to set into them. I hope they painted those areas or at least had a proper QC look over to make sure no decals were "floating."
Old 10-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #3509
Blade3327
Nightwing

Close-up video of the unmasked head.

Works for me, honestly. Spots are the right shape, the black ones read cleanly against the brown ones, and the brown ones appear to have soft edges. Couldn't have expected more from a mass-produced piece. As long as the decals don't flake off, this should be solid.
Old 10-25-2022, 02:58 PM   #3510
SDguy

Oh, that was surprising to see! Yeah, the brown spots definitely look softer edged than the black, but both look good to me (tough to see with that overhead light reflecting off the gloss)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pred head.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	154906  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote