Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-25-2022, 03:00 PM   #3511
Blade3327
Nightwing

One thing that strikes me is that the gaps between the brown forehead spots in that video look smaller than the gaps between the brown spots in the group shot.

I don't mind the way they look in the group shot either, but it would be nice to see more material from more sources so we could get a consensus. Thankfully everything so far, even with the variations we've seen, looks quite good. I'd be happy owning any of them.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 03:42 PM   #3512
Python
Omega Red

I definitely wasn't expecting to see this turn up so soon! Happy to see that it looks very promising however. Weird that they smoothed the torso, but not other areas however.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:06 PM   #3513
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Close-up video of the unmasked head.

Works for me, honestly. Spots are the right shape, the black ones read cleanly against the brown ones, and the brown ones appear to have soft edges. Couldn't have expected more from a mass-produced piece. As long as the decals don't flake off, this should be solid.
Quills look sharper than the 1/4. I wouldn't mind a but more gloss and wet look, bit I guess that can be manually put on without too much difficulty.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #3514
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I definitely wasn't expecting to see this turn up so soon! Happy to see that it looks very promising however. Weird that they smoothed the torso, but not other areas however.
When they updated the sculpt torso I emailed them asking them to also smooth the leg textures for consistency. All I got was the feedback will be passed on.

Whilst it's not a make or break deal, it would have been nicer if implemented. Looks like it's just the thigh area with wrinkles, the torso and arms they got right.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #3515
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Someone posted some new pics over at collector freaks.......
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:19 PM   #3516
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Talking

I automatically assumed production would be insanely late on this behemoth, but it's exciting to see it's getting close to shipping time!

I can't tell by that picture if the details are pretty close up to par with the proto though? I don't see the minnows in the water for example. Hope they didn't cheese out cutting costs, but either way... the wait is almost over now. Reality is setting in!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:34 PM   #3517
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I still don't expect this to ship from Secret Compass for another 6-8 months though, regardless of what's going on in China and Japan...

From the video posted, looks pretty good, but could use more gloss. That's easily fixable for me.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #3518
Tandre
Fantastic Four

I bougth in physical store in Europe. When do you think it will arrive to my hands?. Thanks
Tandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:09 AM   #3519
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Bought it local too. Don't expect it at least until January.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:11 AM   #3520
Halcyon
Loki

LoL you guys are way too optimistic after first few pictures.

Stock for wholesale/Local shops is always a few months behind Asia release. Would be more in the region of end March.. (and that is sooner than I expected).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote