Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-27-2022, 06:30 PM   #3591
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'll most likely regret passing on this the rest of my life.

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:54 PM   #3592
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

You will. This is easily the best 1987 Predator statue ever made. PS: serenity now, serenity now, serenity now!
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:02 PM   #3593
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
You will. This is easily the best 1987 Predator statue ever made. PS: serenity now, serenity now, serenity now!
Most here prefer 1:3 as a 'definitive' scale. I'd prefer 1:4, and therefore, cheaper. Don't want to have this much tied up in one collectible. I just can't swing this.

It looks perfect though. Jealous. I was just staring at the comparison pic on the previous page, thinking how I could make it work...
Old 10-27-2022, 07:37 PM   #3594
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Most here prefer 1:3 as a 'definitive' scale. I'd prefer 1:4, and therefore, cheaper. Don't want to have this much tied up in one collectible. I just can't swing this.

It looks perfect though. Jealous. I was just staring at the comparison pic on the previous page, thinking how I could make it work...
I prefer 1/4 as well (or anything under 27"), but would accept 1/3 for my all-time favorite film properties (Alien, Predator, & Conan '82).

Having that said, this is a big 1/3 and an expensive one at that. If it wasn't the original Predator, if it wasn't executed so perfectly, I wouldn't give it the time of day. A few months ago I was contemplating cancelling my preorder to track down a SWS 1/4 maquette and getting it professionally repainted simply because it would take up less space. After seeing these new photos, I can't imagine doing that anymore. It's so damn good, I wouldn't even mind it being the only collectible I own.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:41 PM   #3595
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
No, no, no... Serenity Now just bottles it up. Try saying Hoochie Mamma, Hoochie Mamma instead. Lol... Yeah I would regret passing this up to if I was him for sure!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:57 PM   #3596
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I prefer 1/4 as well (or anything under 27"), but would accept 1/3 for my all-time favorite film properties (Alien, Predator, & Conan '82).

Having that said, this is a big 1/3 and an expensive one at that. If it wasn't the original Predator, if it wasn't executed so perfectly, I wouldn't give it the time of day. A few months ago I was contemplating cancelling my preorder to track down a SWS 1/4 maquette and getting it professionally repainted simply because it would take up less space. After seeing these new photos, I can't imagine doing that anymore. It's so damn good, I wouldn't even mind it being the only collectible I own.
I totally get that. I agree. It's not an easy decision, but it falls just outside what I'm willing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
No, no, no... Serenity Now just bottles it up. Try saying Hoochie Mamma, Hoochie Mamma instead. Lol... Yeah I would regret passing this up to if I was him for sure!
There is no serenity for me!
Old 10-27-2022, 08:53 PM   #3597
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:

Do it, do it now

Once in a generation collectible, you won't regret it
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:15 PM   #3598
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Hi anyone who received this can you please do me a favor and post the dimension (width length height) of the 3 shipping boxes. I need to know how big they are before I can order it. My new building doesn’t accept boxes beyond certain size delivered via ups / fedex. Thanks
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:02 AM   #3599
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Hi anyone who received this can you please do me a favor and post the dimension (width length height) of the 3 shipping boxes. I need to know how big they are before I can order it. My new building doesn?t accept boxes beyond certain size delivered via ups / fedex. Thanks
These are from from FB. Box one 70.7x43.7x100 and other two boxes 83x38x88
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:50 AM   #3600
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I had some reservations, but the completely open mouth looks surprisingly good on this. Think I'll keep the closed mouth from the LE bust, then sell the Gort portrait with the bust torso.

Will probably sell the prehensile wrist blades as well, I just don't see myself using them.
Interesting idea. May be something for me to consider. I definitely don't need the Gort. WTH, might as well use my Prime points on something. We'll see if it converts. I know, I know, I was very vocal about not ordering it. Give me all your shame. I'm a sucker.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote