HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #12
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
If were talking PSP vs. DS.

DS wins hands down. 10x better games.
I agree there's a damn site more games for the DS but the screen seems way too small for me.

Overall, this is cool guys. It's nice to get the "layman's" view on the systems. Having a huge number of games isn't the highest priority for me, as I tend to buy a game, play it until I beat it, then buy another. I tend not to have a load of games on the go at once.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have everything on the list but a DS. Each thing has a positive. i don't regret owning any system, but sometimes I feel that I don't need a 360 and a PS3 due to the fact that most games are on both systems these days, but exclusives are starting to come out now.I have the HD-DVD Xbox player and I dont really see a big difference between bluray or hd-dvd. It's nice to have both players as some movies come out for onee and not the other.
goodydog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #14
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I have a PS3, a Wii, and a DS...I love them all. I'm about to go buy a new slim PSP because I feel the DS is aimed at younger crowds and not hardcore gamers.

PS3 is great, awesome graphics, great exclusives, blu-ray built in, backwards compadability, and free online gaming.

Wii is great for the control and the graphics aren't that bad.

I love blu-rays they are much cleaner and crisper.

Haven't experienced HD DVD, but they look mostly the same as blu-ray. 360 is ok.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I've got all put a PSP and PS3 as i can't justify spending that much on a console without any games. The xbox is great fun with a good variety of games and the 3rd party games look better on 360.

The wii is ok for a short while, but soon becomes tiresome.... I only really bought one for Zelda and the up-coming NiGHTS and haven't touched it since finishing zelda not long after buying it.

The DS again is ok for a gimmick, but with little/no games coming out for it (that i wanna play) its been sat in my cupboard for over a year now.

PSP.... if i wanna play a PSP game, i'd rather play it full screen on the PS2
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #16
Red X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
I've got all put a PSP and PS3 as i can't justify spending that much on a console without any games. The xbox is great fun with a good variety of games and the 3rd party games look better on 360.

The wii is ok for a short while, but soon becomes tiresome.... I only really bought one for Zelda and the up-coming NiGHTS and haven't touched it since finishing zelda not long after buying it.

The DS again is ok for a gimmick, but with little/no games coming out for it (that i wanna play) its been sat in my cupboard for over a year now.

PSP.... if i wanna play a PSP game, i'd rather play it full screen on the PS2
Yea but the whole point of the PSP is you can play them on the go. And PSP and PS2 don't share the same games.

Nights on the wii looks terrible.

In terms of power PS3 edges out the 360. Developers just suck at utulizing the blu-ray disc...since it's new but in terms of games, I'd go with SONY. You have some great exclusives with them...Resistance, Heavnely Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid Online, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, HAZE, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ratchet & Clank: Future, Gran Turismo 5, not to mention the new God of War 3 game.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #17
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
I'd go with SONY. You have some great exclusives with them...Resistance, Heavnely Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid Online, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, HAZE, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ratchet & Clank: Future, Gran Turismo 5, not to mention the new God of War 3 game.
PS3 needs exclusives if its going to make it. Didn't they lose a few exclusives before because not enough consoles were sold?
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
Red X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
PS3 needs exclusives if its going to make it. Didn't they lose a few exclusives before because not enough consoles were sold?
I just listed all exclusives...Ummm not really I mean Devil May Cry was an PlayStation exlcusive...but Ninja Gaiden was a 360 exlcusive and we have that...both consoles have exlusives from last gen that are switching into mulit-platform.

But I mean there's alot of kick ass games coming to the PS3. And SONY and Rockstar just struyck a deal that will put the next GTA as a PS3 exclusive:

http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/so...and-theft.html

So all GTA fans will need to buy a PS3 if they want to play the next installment after 4 hits.

And the new 40GB PS3 is official:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/825/825213p1.html

With lower price in time to ship for the holidays, and the 60GB is dropping in price as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #19
snappahead
Producer
Producer

360-The best game library at the moment, but poor console design causing a ridiculous percentage of crashed systems. Great online, but many still complain about the relatively pricey admittance fee. I agree. They should lower it a bit. The greatest controller ever made IMO too.

Wii- Good system with a cool technology, but way to many poor games and too few good ones. This isn't exactly a new problem with Nintendo systems. The big N is almost always the only developer making good games for their consoles. Tons of cool DL content though.

PS3- Great system. From a hardware standpoint, my favorite of the three. Looks nice and has a whisper quite run. Has never crashed on me once in MANY hours of Oblivion playtime. Very reliable hardware. Lack of games and high price (in the beginning) has really hurt it. Free online, but not in the same league as XBL at the moment. PSN has almost nothing to offer for downloads at the moment as well. Compared to XBL and Wii channels anyways.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #20
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Yea but the whole point of the PSP is you can play them on the go. And PSP and PS2 don't share the same games.
I understand the point of a portable device... as long as it has some original content and not rehashes of current console titles. Play.com has the following in its top 10:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. GTA Vice City Stories
3. Fifa 08
4. Metal Slug Anthology
5. Crazy Taxi: Fair Wars
6. Pro Evo 6
7. Locoroco
8. Monster Hunter Freedom 2
9. Sims 2
10. Tigar Woods PGA tour 08

Out of the top 10 games, there are 2 original titles (Locoroco and Monster Hunter Freedom 2) and 3 rehashes of the same game (FF, GTA, Crazy Taxi)... the rest are out of PS2.

Quote:
Nights on the wii looks terrible.
And you're compairing this to what? Of course it doesn't look as good as a PS3 or 360... the Wii is only just more powerful than an original X-box... its the innovation that Nintendo is going for in the generation, not how many floating points they can calculate and how many pixels their pipelines can push.

Quote:
In terms of power PS3 edges out the 360. Developers just suck at utulizing the blu-ray disc...since it's new but in terms of games, I'd go with SONY.
By these comments you obviously don't know what you're talking about. BD has nothing to do with making the games. The reason games that are on both consoles look worse on the PS3 is because there were initially designed on the 360 (which uses very easy SDK's based on DX and Windows) and are ported over to the PS3 which had far more complicated hardware and developers are (at the moment) finding it very difficult (with the useless tools Sony provide for their consoles) to utilise its power.

This is because it isn't like conventional processors which take in and execute instructions internally out of order to execute as many instructions as possible.

Cell has a regular microprocessor called the Power Processor Element (PPE) which sets up tasks for the 8 Synergistic Processor Elements (SPE) (which is what people refer to as the other "cores"). The PPE deals with the OS and most of the application, but anything that is demanding is passed to the SPE's.

This is where the problems come in. Because the PPE is a simple CPU, the compiler needs to to deal with some of the scheduling work usually done by the CPU. This means that the developers need to actually tell the processor what tasks they need to send to the SPE's and so optimise the performance.

Granted, the PS3 IS a phenominally powerful machine, but i can't see us seeing its power for a LONG time because it will take a long time to figure out and write new code which will sufficiently allocate the tasks without hindering the performance.

Lastly.....

Quote:
I just listed all exclusives...Ummm not really I mean Devil May Cry was an PlayStation exlcusive...but Ninja Gaiden was a 360 exlcusive and we have that...both consoles have exlusives from last gen that are switching into mulit-platform.
GTA 4, Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Fatal Intertia have all confirmed lost PS3 exclusives, with talks of Beautiful Katamari being scraped for the PS3 all together.

There still also talks of MSG 4 and Resident Evil 5 only having limted exclusive periods for PS3, then having a 360 release.

Well, there is my rant over, and a free lesson on Cell basics, hahaha....

Wow, that was a loooooooong post
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote