Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Another developer bites the dust.

EA's at it again. They just purchased Bioware of Knights of the Old Republic and now Mass Effect fame. EA won't be satisfied until they've completely ruined the gaming industry. They're like a virus, infecting and sucking dry every talented developer in the business. I can't begin to express how much my hate for them grows every day.

This could possibly be good news for PS3 owners as this MIGHT mean that the Mass Effect sequels will be multi-platform. MS is publishing the first one so that won't cross over, but the other two might. Crap...I hate seeing these buyouts over and over. EA is the worst.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

But at least EA puts out good games.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I find EA sucks at making games, but they have the cash and the stroke to be good at producing them while letting another team create the game. Rock Band should end up being a good example of this. Thanks to EA, and their deals with MTV, Rock Band has tons more songs available and most of them are original recordings.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

didnt they just buy Bioware as well?
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
But at least EA puts out good games.
Wha? They make sh1t games. That's the whole point of this thread. They choke their talented development teams with unrealistic deadlines and BS so they can get the game out as fast as possible. They make rehashed garbage year after year and stiffle creativity with the bottom line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
didnt they just buy Bioware as well?
Wha? Did you mean Pandemic? If so, then yeah, they acquired Pandemic not too long ago. The developers of Mercenaries and a few other good games that are alluding me at the moment.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesamurai View Post
I find EA sucks at making games, but they have the cash and the stroke to be good at producing them while letting another team create the game. Rock Band should end up being a good example of this. Thanks to EA, and their deals with MTV, Rock Band has tons more songs available and most of them are original recordings.
You may be right with Rock Band. Especially since it'll just be them writing checks to make the game better. They'll never put in work or creativity to make a game better, but if it just needs a license or rights...they rock at that.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ya I think the Gaming industry just got a little sadder. Whether you like EA or not you have to admit that huge corporations are more concerned with money then the games and the small corporations have to worry about the games or else they never make it. Just the fact that a big corporation got much bigger is enough for me. Even if I think EA is the worst game company around.

One of the main reasons I changed my major in school was because of what EA (which filtered out to the other companies) was pulling on the programmers. So I am sort of bias against them heh
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
EA's at it again. They just purchased Bioware of Knights of the Old Republic and now Mass Effect fame. EA won't be satisfied until they've completely ruined the gaming industry. They're like a virus, infecting and sucking dry every talented developer in the business. I can't begin to express how much my hate for them grows every day.

This could possibly be good news for PS3 owners as this MIGHT mean that the Mass Effect sequels will be multi-platform. MS is publishing the first one so that won't cross over, but the other two might. Crap...I hate seeing these buyouts over and over. EA is the worst.

Much like MS in the software world
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Didn't you read my comment at the end, Bulls? EA is the WORST. You have me curious though..what has MS done to ruin the software world? I don't follow the PC world very closely.

I also need to correct myself. Pandemic was part of this Bioware deal. They were both owned by the same company. They are of course, saying that nothing will change, but everyone knows that's bs. It's only a matter of time until the talent that made these studios special start dropping like flies. Then, the studio names will have no meaning anymore.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #10
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brru View Post
Ya I think the Gaming industry just got a little sadder. Whether you like EA or not you have to admit that huge corporations are more concerned with money then the games and the small corporations have to worry about the games or else they never make it. Just the fact that a big corporation got much bigger is enough for me. Even if I think EA is the worst game company around.

One of the main reasons I changed my major in school was because of what EA (which filtered out to the other companies) was pulling on the programmers. So I am sort of bias against them heh
It just seems like EA is worse than all the others. Of course, I know that big corporations are all about money, but when it's involving an art form (which I very much consider gaming to be in this day and age), the bottom line seems even more disgusting. No other publisher seems less interested in making good games than EA. And don't even get me started on their sweatshop lawsuits....grrr.